FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Searching for more these:

54274193565_48a043e4b3_b.jpg

Dale-Collier Airport, Florida

What it was supposed to be, but never became.

Bernard
 
Searching for more these:

What it was supposed to be, but never became.
Boeing 2707? i remember there’s one of the prototypes that was built, somewhere in an Aviation Museum… don’t remember where exactly though… maybe somewhere in Seattle? at KPAE?
 
Smallest FS9 airfield ever seen.

Don't know why, but it instantly reminded me of SCPE - San Pedro de Atacama... (brought to you by 29 Palms).
Which has that small of an Airfield as well... - Kind of... at least it has a paved apron and runway... :p

One of my favorite Airfields to fly at... when I get bored of Mega Airports and Airliners... :D

1791298283052.png

1791298531073.png
 
Searching for more these:

54274193565_48a043e4b3_b.jpg

Dale-Collier Airport, Florida

What it was supposed to be, but never became.

Bernard
in contrast to the Everglades Jetport that was never to be, how about the rather successful Mega Jetports - Supersonic Hubs of the 70s like:
Paris-CDG https://web.archive.org/web/2006042...jets.fsfrance.com/RealCDG/CDG1974.php?lang=fr
or KDFW https://library.avsim.net/extsearch?extended_search[name]=kdfw&extended_search[filename]=&extended_search[author]=morgan&extended_search[category]=0
and how about the likes of Narita - success marred by complexities https://www.flightinfo.jp/sfs/narita.htm

there is also of course Mirabel CYMX, but only for FSX/P3D courtesy of French-VFR / @lagaffe http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en&pg=752&prt=-1

cheers!
 
Parking up at LeMoore after an eight month virtual deployment. :wiggle:

homeagain.jpg

I always wanted to try this and it was fun.
The missions started to get a little routine but that was what I was hoping for, a more authentic feel to the whole experience.

Highlights- Logging my 1,000th hour of logged flight time. Really dialing-in my carrier landings to the point where they became mostly automatic.

Lowlights- The weather in the Gulf was generally miserable. I got used to seeing "CAVOK" on almost every weather report. This was fine for carrier landings , in fact I got used to it and landing on the rare Clear days would feel "off". This didn't change actual "targeting" but made it more of a challenge.

Surprises- The actual attack missions were mostly cake walks. The USAF and Israel mostly wiped the deck clean before the Navy attack missions started. The biggest surprise was flying a bombing mission against the Bandar Abbas airport and taking out one of the buildings THEN reading the news the next day and finding out the Iranian Chief of their Navy was taken out during a bombing mission against Bandar Abbas airport. :eek:
Its possible I might be a little guilty of a Virtual War Crime. :dizzy:

Carrier Scenery- For the most part, this worked the way I wanted it. If anything, my "forward" carrier was a little too close to the action in the Straight of Hormuz. Distance compresses quickly in a Hornet. I did manage some "long leg" missions patrolling the Blockade zone and did some missions deep into Iran, hitting an airport just south of Isfahan was the longest. Otherwise, it was fly patrols between the forward and fall-back carriers. More rocket strikes than bombs, and follow the news as best as I could.
 
Last edited:
If I still had my Scotflight scenery I'd challenge that claim with the Westrays, one of which is, of course, a beach only usable at low tide. 😆
That'd be Barra Airport though.. not westray or papa westray... allthough the flight inbetween both, still counts as one of the shortest in the world.... only 4 Minutes of flight...
 
Smallest FS9 airfield ever seen.

This scenery is part of Lynn and Bill Lyons' Classic Travel Air package for GW3. It's situated at Famuliner Farms / Wakenda, MO.

Can you lead me, to where you found that scenery? I’ve installed all the GW3 Sceneries… allthough when i set my Aircraft to Famuliner Farms / Wakenda, MO there’s only a Grass Runway, but not these details… did you add them yourselfs?
 
Can you lead me, to where you found that scenery? I’ve installed all the GW3 Sceneries… allthough when i set my Aircraft to Famuliner Farms / Wakenda, MO there’s only a Grass Runway, but not these details… did you add them yourselfs?
It's included in this package:

In fact, all of Bill Lyons's downloads are great for GW
 
Can you lead me, to where you found that scenery? I’ve installed all the GW3 Sceneries… allthough when i set my Aircraft to Famuliner Farms / Wakenda, MO there’s only a Grass Runway, but not these details… did you add them yourselfs?
Bill Lyons' (ex-payware) custom classics packages included various golden age '30s / '40s era sceneries to discover and anyhow, here is the complete listing, if only to make life easier ;)
@ The Old Hangar you will find the FS9 J-3 Cub, Stinson Pietenpol Package, and the LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin

cheers!
 
Back
Top