• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX AI Gulfstream G650 mods

Eye Candy A la Carte

When you're backup could you show closeups of the Payware stuff you are using as it looks interesting.

Actually, the only payware I think I am using in this one is the F1 GTN750 (purple box).

The PFD (green box) is an old freeware gauge from an EMB 170 found at flightsim (or maybe avsim). I included the gauge in the zip I posted earlier in this thread.

The MFD (yellow box) stumped me, but believe it is taken out of "Alrot"'s freeware Citiation X: https://simviation.com/fsnd/Downloads.htm

The little square switch off to the PIC's left (red box) is for the terrain map on the Alrot MFD.

The VC bitmaps are big: 16mb 4096 x 4096. Not sure where they cam from. It may be those large bitmaps and FS Spotlights added that make my VC look so different?

I have reverted to a less good looking FMC as the better one posted above's bitmap surround reflects too much when I have the "main" VC lights on. These I think must be coded into the VC model. They (unusually?) light up the CRT's in daytime as well as at night.

As you can tell, I am and enjoy being a bit of scavenger for cheap, used parts!

Fpmf7cT.png

Just curious, how does the VC above look at night ?
Do the nighttime VC textures (if any) override the FS Spotlights settings ? or is there no difference between day and night appearance when using FS Spotlights ?
My current VC textures look slightly different (take on a more 'golden' hue) at night - probably due to some nighttime textures ?

FS Spotlights allows you to have different settings for day vs night with same lights and coordinates for each aircraft. Hope people have downloaded and installed this great freeware and trying out my profile - it goes in the main G650 folder. It also fully variable and therefore highly subjective based on one's taste and preferences. Lastly, both illumination intensity and color temperature/hues will vary for each user also depending on their screen and screen settings used.

1. VC at night with all FS Spotlights on
2. VC with ONLY "default" lighting
3. VC with FS Spotlights but "dome" overhead OFF - what I would ideally set for night flying/landings etc

o6RxLsA.png

OSxMsHO.png

LMkEddS.png

How long do you have to wait to be cleared to download "Spotlight"? I've been waiting several days now for an email telling me I'm authorized to download.

A grain of salt...

After trying different versions "Spotlights" does not work for me.
With one version it CTD FSX a number of times and with another it hung at the splash screen and gave an error message.
Googled the error but no real fix.

My FSX Acceleration is rock solid but they just don't play well, once removed all is well with FSX.
Its worth a try as it looks like a very good app.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 377
Update

For me removing VRS TACPAC allowed me to remove "AI Models" and get by a timing issue. FSX with Spotlights now starts.

I'll give it another day, given that it was only 2 days then the weekend. Nothing tomorrow and I'll move on. I like the effect but I can certainly live without it.

Interior files needed

I have the exterior files but am confused as to what file(s) I need for the interior? I see numerous links for supposedly VC panels but I tried some and no VC will load.
Is there just one file that will work for the VC that is needed?

Thanks

BTW - I'm using P3D V5+

Hey GE
Am travelling (in 92F Washington DC) so limited ability to track files down however if you have the default FSX CRJ you need the interior model and VC textures that go with it that will get you started.

Back