• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX Cera Bell412

Quick report - wow wow wow and double wow. Its a mix of Dodo sim and nemeth - the realair Duke of helicopters is the best comparison - fully functional VC with twin engine start ups.

Sorry - got to get back to cockpit. :wavey:

Even got animation panel that allows doors to be part way open and closed.

Im sorry to report just one really bugging thing - its scale is wrong. It is the same lenght as a 206

EDIT - actually it might be the 206 that is too big - im trying to post some screenshots but cant.

Yes - forget all that - its the default 206 that is not scaled properly - the 412 is big next to some of the nemeth helicopers.

More good news - theres a repaint kit :jump:

Im having a great conversation with myself here LOL

Holy crap!! Those screenshots on their site look amazing! How is it flight dynamics wise, and how is the sound? When I lived in Virginia one of the nearby medical centers had a 412, I swear I could hear it for what seemed like 5 minutes before it ever flew over our apartment when it was enroute to the hospital. I think I'm gonna have to get this one.

Darrell

lol at first I was like "Hey they Stole Jordan Moore's version"

Then I looked at the VC....nice 3d bordered gauges and all, beautiful...

How are the fps and yes, what about the FDE?

Hi

In RL i have only flown a 222 and an A109 to compare. Flying with full realism its a bit "twitchy" for a heli of its size but its manageable. It needs a bit more stability.

Frame rates are excellent even on my steam driven PC. Yes - those guages are as good as RealAirs and some of Dans more recent work when he was with Alphasim

I have 13 real hands-on hours in a 412 (which obviously doesn't make me an expert), and lots more just sitting inside, and that was 10 years ago, but it's pretty much as I remember. I wish the autopilot worked, and I don't really like the fake TCAS screen, but flight-wise it seems to be weighted much like the real aircraft.

One thing I do remember is how extremely sensitive the controls were when a cruise speeds, and how absolutely gigantic the stick movements seemed to be when trying to hover or fly sideways or backwards at very low speeds. This doesn't quite do that, which I'm guessing is an FSX thing. However, I really like it, especially the attention to detail on the main panel.

Would also like to have had the Ctrl-E option for starting, as I unfortunately don't have that much time to fly....

Overall, however, great job! :applause:

Mike

Your right Mike - that start up every time becomes boring not challenging. It would be good to have the choice. Also I would expect to fly on trim on a large heli - the work loads are so much less that in something small/cheap!!

But then it is Flight Sim so cant expect everything.

Sure is - and its great fun creating a single engine out scenario by pulling one of the fire handles!

Hi Jeansy - the forum is stopping me from uploading screenshots so I cant help at the moment.

The VC works so well. I have been flying ILS approaches with all sorts of failures set up and the guagues work as expected and so smooth and clear. Nice to fly a product that has obviously been tested properly!!

Im also impressed with the way you can select to remove the cabin seats to make it a cargo version.

Has anyone been able to get the a dome light in the VC to work yet? I can only get the instrument lights so its OK to fly but you have to grope around to find switches!!

Good shots Old Crow

I hope you get it Jeansy as your repaint skills will be so apprechiated on this one.

I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer.
I just purchased this tonight and it seems the server is down for the download link provoded at simmarket. I got a partial download, it stopped, then....nodda!
I see some of you have not had this problem.
Just asking.

So you can't start this thing with Ctrl+E?

Ctrl+E did not work for me, but I found that sitting on the tarmac and hitting Y "Slew", then elevating the 412 to a thousand feet or so using the Q, then hit Y again and I am flying with all systems operating properly. This works with a lot of aircraft, but not all.
Hope it works for you. :wavey:

Back