• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX Cera Bell412

Does it come with Bump Mapping and other FSX goodies??

It does. It's a native model. And a damn good one. Stunning VC.

Two minor problems though...

VC light effect entry is missing from the CFG file. Coordinates are there. But FX file name is missing. I've replaced it with one of my own effects for the time being. But have not had the time to load up the sim and see how it looks. From what I see in the CFG, I am assuming that there is no passenger lights. Just one centre light for the cockpit. They've probably missed this in beta testing. Could easily be fixed by the user and requires no rocket science. No texture light maps in the VS, by the way (gauges excluded, obviously).

Second issue, which is really annoying me (because I'm considering abandoning my repaint all together), is a texture mapping issue. Part of the engine inlet and top of the fuselage use the same texture. In cases where the fuselage and engine inlets have different colours, top view is going to be messed up. I can't understand why that one small area is mapped so poorly whereas the rest of this beauty is perfectly textured.

Though this won't be that big of a deal, unless the repaint looks similar to mine (RAF 60 Squadron). I've left the wireframe on for the screen shot.

200973003253143.jpg

Nevertheless, I can live without the RAF livery. It's the wrong model, anyway!

Hi Kavehp

I am not going to have time to do another screenshot but if you look at mine onpage 2 you will just be able to see that I have different colours on those "green" bits you highlight. Yellow up top and black below. It can be done.

Kavehpd, which effect are you using? i used the default fx_vclight but it was too much so removed it.

gajit, will you upload your DHFS repaint please?

Thanks

got this bird lastnight and started a few paints got a few planned here are the first batch

sorry the pics arent that clear as im having memory probs

60494227.jpg

17245687.jpg

43583687.jpg

Kavehpd, which effect are you using? i used the default fx_vclight but it was too much so removed it.

gajit, will you upload your DHFS repaint please?

Thanks

Hi Dennison

Yes I will but I have spotted a few errors on it so it may be a while.

Also got this one coming on but it still needs some time on it.

rescue.jpg

Hi Kavehp

I am not going to have time to do another screenshot but if you look at mine onpage 2 you will just be able to see that I have different colours on those "green" bits you highlight. Yellow up top and black below. It can be done.

Errm, yours is black too. Black and black.

2009730112933643.jpg

I'm using my own fx files I made for EH101, dennison. Have not uploaded them anywhere.

a question is a hover gauge available anywhere ?
I know that there is one for FS9 helos but is there one for FSX ?

BR
Tom

Hover gauge???? Sacrilege!!! :kilroy:

I gotta say I love this helo. IMO its the best FSX helo yet.

Only squawk I have is the FM. I tends to float like most FSX helos. Not as bad as some but much worse then the defaults.

I'm not necessarily a rotorhead, but I really like the looks of this one. Also, I'm a sucker for a well-done flight model and realistic systems. On average, I have about an hour at most to fly, however, and some of the comments about involved startup procedures and a lack of documentation have me concerned. Has anyone seen a good tutorial for this bird yet?

Bill I am in the same boat with little time to fly. You can have both engines running & in a hover in under a min.

I have not seen a tut on startup but if you like I will do one for you this evening.

Back