• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

Spad54

SOH-CM-2024
GAS is proud to offer our N3N-3 package at a pre-release discount. to the Community. 15.95 USD The sale period will remain active until 8/1/22. Took longer than expected but we hope you will enjoy the end result and we thank you for your continued support. Best Paul, Gil, and the team

Video:

Product:
https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3395986

Excellent, I just picked it up. Looking forward to trying it this evening.

Took longer than expected but we hope you will enjoy the end result and we thank you for your continued support. Best Paul, Gil, and the team

Perfect timing actually, AirVenture 2022 just started!

I'm curious which airfield was used in your video?

Disregard, I see it's stated in the credits, Plum Island.

Excellent, I just picked it up. Looking forward to trying it this evening.

Perfect timing actually, AirVenture 2022 just started!

Disregard, I see it's stated in the credits, Plum Island.

the float plane video was shot using our own scenery Wilmington Terminal

Beautiful model that translates the mass of this airplane to the feel of the controls. What stands out to me is how dynamic the sounds are in all phases of flight: A real "seat of your pants" feel. Thanks for the early bird discount, too.

Install to P3D V5.3

I wanted to install this into my ADDON Scenery folder so I made a xml gauge

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>GAS N3N</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>GAS N3N</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>EFFECTS</Category>
<Path>Effects</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

P3D 5 will ask me if I want to include the addon and I select YES and it is added.

After I select the N3N in P3D V5 and hit OK and during the loading process I get this error message

cGaugeSoundClass

The system can not find the path specified

file

Simobjects\\Airplanes\\Gas_BAF_N3N-3\\Sound\\StearmanSND1.wav

When I dismiss the first error then 17 more will pop for the other 17 wav sounds.

I think they may be related to the handcrank start noise.

Anyway there are a few effects that are commen with other GAS products effects - not all but some.

If installed in the Addone folder it makes for a clean uninstall and leave not duplicate files behind.

What xml entry would be needed to load or find the wav sounds?

Thanks

I wanted to install this into my ADDON Scenery folder so I made a xml gauge

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>GAS N3N</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>GAS N3N</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>EFFECTS</Category>
<Path>Effects</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

P3D 5 will ask me if I want to include the addon and I select YES and it is added.

After I select the N3N in P3D V5 and hit OK and during the loading process I get this error message

cGaugeSoundClass

The system can not find the path specified

file

Simobjects\\Airplanes\\Gas_BAF_N3N-3\\Sound\\StearmanSND1.wav

When I dismiss the first error then 17 more will pop for the other 17 wav sounds.

I think they may be related to the handcrank start noise.

Anyway there are a few effects that are commen with other GAS products effects - not all but some.

If installed in the Addone folder it makes for a clean uninstall and leave not duplicate files behind.

What xml entry would be needed to load or find the wav sounds?

Thanks

Browse to the Panel folder for the plane and open the panel.cfg in notepad

In the [Vcockpit01] section gauge00 points to the custom sounds
change the path specified in it to read the full path where it is installed e.g. mine is
gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Golden Age Simulations\SimObjects\Airplanes\GAS NAF N3N-3\Sound\Stearman#19

They look and sound terrific, Skipper - outstanding effort here by GAS!

I think I must have about 30 or more posts in this forum over the years imploring someone to please make an N3N - and finally here it is, and done with care by the team whose hands
it had always belonged in. Well Done fellers!

change the path specified in it to read the full path where it is installed e.g. mine is
gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Golden Age Simulations\SimObjects\Airplanes\GAS NAF N3N-3\Sound\Stearman#19

Your suggestion works great! Thanks :encouragement:

They look and sound terrific, Skipper - outstanding effort here by GAS!

I think I must have about 30 or more posts in this forum over the years imploring someone to please make an N3N - and finally here it is, and done with care by the team whose hands
it had always belonged in. Well Done fellers!

Glad you and all are enjoying it. Thanks.

Thanks "DB" for posting the solution. I'll add to the POH in the upcoming commercial release. I'm sure others will be grateful. (I am)

Thanks "DB" for posting the solution. I'll add to the POH in the upcoming commercial release. I'm sure others will be grateful. (I am)
Yep, since I don't use the "Airplanes" folder for any of my addons I always have to remember to change that path accordingly, but of course the Sim will remind you, lol

A Special Repaint For The N3N-3

My NAS Annapolis repaint for this beautiful aircraft is now available in the Warbirds library. It is unique that it is not pre-WWII; not WWII, BUT post war 1957. Interesting note, yesterday as I was looking at my photos downloaded of NAS Annapolis, I found there there was a "35" in 1950 with a much earlier serial number so I checked out its history on Joe Baugher's Navy and USMC serials but sadly it was missing so I am just going to assume that it crashed. This is a new one with the later serial number. Check it out!

Sz6PwxR.jpg

My NAS Annapolis repaint for this beautiful aircraft is now available in the Warbirds library. It is unique that it is not pre-WWII; not WWII, BUT post war 1957. Interesting note, yesterday as I was looking at my photos downloaded of NAS Annapolis, I found there there was a "35" in 1950 with a much earlier serial number so I checked out its history on Joe Baugher's Navy and USMC serials but sadly it was missing so I am just going to assume that it crashed. This is a new one with the later serial number. Check it out!

Sz6PwxR.jpg
Very nice. Thanks. Much appreciated. :encouragement:

Sz6PwxR.jpg

and with changing the cfg wording it works just fine as the land plane version as well!

That is great

and with changing the cfg wording it works just fine as the land plane version as well!
I saw one photo that had the float removed and wheels replacing it. The Curtiss SOC Seagull was designed this way. though according to Teton Aviation two distinct versions were produced which I am sure SPAD54 was aware of when designing it for GAS though according to a blog they can be changed from one to the other in a couple or hours with experience. Here is a really cool link with a lot of information.https://notastearman.wordpress.com/about-2/

Also here is a link to a video.https://www.criticalpast.com/video/...ane-takes-off_instructor-in-plane_plane-lands

Thanks again for the "Yellow Peril."

Any suggestions on how to water taxi the float version? After landing I'm all over the place except the dock. :biggrin-new:

Back