• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

Thanks again for the "Yellow Peril."

Any suggestions on how to water taxi the float version? After landing I'm all over the place except the dock. :biggrin-new:

I'm not exactly sure how the Navy did it. I found that I was reasonable successful getting the float up on the "step" with throttle and dragging the inboard float in the water with full rudder in the direction of the turn. Getting a tight turn was/is tricky. But, here's a "hack" that "fools" the model into thinking it has a water rudder without having to deploy one. It modifies the main float contact points to provide a 45 degree steer angle. Let me know what you think. Back up your .cfg file before trying. Edit the contact points section as shown below.

point.0 = 4, 6.154, -1.663, -7.000, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Strake Fwd
point.1 = 4, -8.285, -1.157, -6.426, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Strake aft
point.2 = 4, 6.154, 1.663, -7.000, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0 Rt Strake Fwd
point.3 = 4, -8.285, 1.158, -6.426, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0 Rt Strake aft
point.4 = 4, -3.265, -14.171, -5.159, 2200, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Wingtip float
point.5 = 4, -3.265, 14.171, -5.159, 2200, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Rt Wingtip float

I suggest you use ailerons during the turn to keep you wings level and avoid dragging the onboard float too much. Also keep speed under control or you’ll be swimming home.

Thanks for the hack. I was thinking the same thing (e.g., invisible water rudder) but didn't know how to do it.

In researching the N3N-3 float I came across this video which you've likely seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRakmf8b0sY

Notice it has a water rudder - which I hadn't seen on others.

I had not seen that video. Clearly the addition of the water rudder was done after its military service and probably to improve the water taxi performance. Thanks for that none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eBDnPZ00Y

A real N3N-3 on the water video not BW but now. Oops didn't see this was the same video as above. I have the actual Navy POH for both the -1 and the -3 but they do not do anything for the float version just the land version.
Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?

More Repaints?

Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?
I will probably look at all my downloads and see if I find any that are interesting and not too similar to Paul's or mine.

The link for the discount will be extended until the weekend. By then the vendor network should have the model in their stores. Thanks to all who have supported us with your purchases. Know that we appreciate all this still using the legacy simulators and P3D. We’re doing another warbird trainer next. The Meyers OTW 160

I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.

I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.

the purchase link should be taking you to PayPal and you can use a credit card there. Please PM me.
P.S. just tested it checking out as guest and it went right through.

Did some searchin'

Lots of choices from what I see on Airliners.net, military and private schemes. Be curious as to what you find.
I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.

Here is a sample of an artificial water rudder from the Virtavia HU-16 that may be of help (an outstanding piece of payware by the way): you need the coding for each contact point line though, readily available

//0 Class (1= landing gear/2= scrape point/3= skid point /4= float/5= water rudder)

point.14= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2000.00, 0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.10, 0.10, 0, 0, 0 //Artificial water rudder

Great Help

Here is a sample of an artificial water rudder from the Virtavia HU-16 that may be of help (an outstanding piece of payware by the way): you need the coding for each contact point line though, readily available

//0 Class (1= landing gear/2= scrape point/3= skid point /4= float/5= water rudder)

point.14= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2000.00, 0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.10, 0.10, 0, 0, 0 //Artificial water rudder
Thanks Mike71

the purchase link should be taking you to PayPal and you can use a credit card there. Please PM me.
P.S. just tested it checking out as guest and it went right through.
Just picked it up. Thank you very much. Looks like a real gem.
And thanks others for the comments. I'll no doubt have to apply some since I run P3Dv5.?.
:ernaehrung004:

Just picked it up. Thank you very much. Looks like a real gem.
And thanks others for the comments. I'll no doubt have to apply some since I run P3Dv5.?.
:ernaehrung004:
It was built and tested in P3D V 5.3. If you place it in an addon folder you need to follow some of the advice here to avoid a sound file error.

I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.
Too bad. I saw a few on Airliners.net with military and civilian schemes without a cowling that someone might take on. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills nor the time due to real life issues to even attempt creating an addon texture.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but is there a paintkit for it? Asking for a friend!

Back