• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

Many Thanks

Thanks to all how supported us with their purchase of the N3N-3. Given how the market has changed, the response exceeded our expectations and we are glad to see folks enjoying the model. The link for the offer has expired. We remain committed to P3D and Legacy FSX for the time being. Our next project is another "warbird" perhaps not as well known, The Meyers OTW.

My GAS N3N does not seem to have functioning navigation (wing) lights, although the lens are clearly there and the panel lighting works.

My GAS N3N does not seem to have functioning navigation (wing) lights, although the lens are clearly there and the panel lighting works.

How did you install it? The lights are modeled into the model and use a specific effect, the files for it including the texture are in the Effects folder in the installer. If you placed the model in any location other that the default location provided by the installer you will need to assure that those files are available to the model.

Image2.jpg

Happened To Me Before

I had this happen before with a Stearman and I discovered that I had not installed the effects as instructed in the install readme. Be sure you have the effects that SPAD54 listed.

Thanks to all how supported us with their purchase of the N3N-3. Given how the market has changed, the response exceeded our expectations and we are glad to see folks enjoying the model. The link for the offer has expired. We remain committed to P3D and Legacy FSX for the time being. Our next project is another "warbird" perhaps not as well known, The Meyers OTW.
Thanks for doing the N3N-3. I'm really enjoying the float model with all the water runways in the PNW. Looking forward to your next project. :encouragement:

Great. Thanks for the update.

As an aside, I've noticed that a few of your versions of the Stearman and this N3N use a few of the same effects, so for that reason, I installed GAS products in my addon folder so
as to not eliminate any effects that share the same name; if I were to remove one of the GAS aircraft, I would want to avoid the possibility of crippling any installed GAS products.

As an aside, I've noticed that a few of your versions of the Stearman and this N3N use a few of the same effects, so for that reason, I installed GAS products in my addon folder so as to not eliminate any effects that share the same name; if I were to remove one of the GAS aircraft, I would want to avoid the possibility of crippling any installed GAS products.
Thanks Gray Eagle for posting this advice.

Well that depends on how you arrange your addons folder in P3D

I'm not a fan of every plane being completely separate so I have mine arranged by developer/publisher, that way the Sim only has to call on one add-on.xml per dev/pub instead of one for every single plane.

e.g. for GAS I have "E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Golden Age Simulations" with Effects, Gauges and SimObjects in that.

I also don't install directly where possible, I install to a temp folder and copy across.
If I delete a plane I'm not too fused about orphaned effect or gauge files, If a plane doesn't call on them the Sim doesn't know there there so they wont have any affect on loading or memory usage.

Back