GAS PT-22 P3D V 4-6 Legacy FSXA

Spad54

SOH-CM-2024
We remain committed to supporting P3D and legacy FSXA . To that end we will, in the next coming weeks presenting our completely remodeled Ryan PT-22 for both platforms. PT-22_1.jpgPT-22_2.jpgPT-22_6.jpgPT-22_11.jpgPT-22_5.jpgPT-22_fwd_cockpit.jpgPT-22_rear_cockpit.jpg

Very nice, and thanks for the HU!

I'm still going through my FSX addons to install in P3D 5.4, but haven't got round to your original PT-22 yet.

Cheers

Paul

I’m not sure about the performance for that early model in P3D v4. It was built using 2D gauges. I know that the scenery addon is problematic. It will no longer be supported for that platform.

I’m not sure about the performance for that early model in P3D v4. It was built using 2D gauges. I know that the scenery addon is problematic. It will no longer be supported for that platform.
will your Phenick field come with the PT22 and work in P3DV5.4?

Ivan, Spad54 said it will not. I asked him, if he talkes about Phenick field. So let's wait for his answer?
Look Dan, I did not see any documentation here that you asked him ergo, my question was addressed to him and although you meant well, I was not expecting any intervention from you scolding me about this. I had emailed you about this with expectations that you will not reply as per usual.
Good for you that you converted it. Thank you kindly.

Last edited:
Ivan, Spad54 said it will not. I asked him, if he talkes about Phenick field. So let's wait for his answer?
The Phenick Scenery will not be reintroduced. It was done by another developer whom I have had no contact with for over 10 years. 29 Palms I was never satisfied with its performance in P3D as it was originally developed for FSXA. Good for you converting it and since we own the rights to it you are free to share as long as its freeware.

Well, I am making some progress in converting Phenick Field to be P3DV5.4 compatible. When and if I can covert it all, I will try to share it here .
Thanks Spad54

I'm having slight flickering issues on the grass areas. Not sure what is causing that.

Looks like it is the PF_BaseLayer_SU.bgl file that causes my rig to flicker on this scenery. This is the field ground details. The patch of green

grass runway is okay.

Got the field manager set up with proper target/start in locations.

The seasons (trees) work okay. No animated traffic or sounds.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Capture.jpg

Animations not working and base field texture causes flickering withing parameters of airfield in P3D Vv5.4 i.e PF_BaseLayer_SU.bgl file

Area out side of this field is okay, no flickers.

The Phenick Scenery will not be reintroduced. It was done by another developer whom I have had no contact with for over 10 years. 29 Palms I was never satisfied with its performance in P3D as it was originally developed for FSXA. Good for you converting it and since we own the rights to it you are free to share as long as its freeware.
Thanks for your answer an possibility to publish it as freeware. I will see, if it's good enough to be republished.

I'm looking forward to the remodeled PT-22.

Dan

The airfield manager sometimes works and sometime doesn't. It gives options of seasons and other selections. Placement of it is
one tricky issue. It was working in P3D V5.4 but now is temperamental.

Phenick.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

This is in P3D V3 - I converted the bgl scenery files that MCDX would convert and display in P3D V3/4/5
Getting the field manager to work properly in P3D V5.4 is a challenge. At one time, it would convert the seasons and other items
on the menu. I don't believe the animated traffic was set up, didn't see any nor the sounds.

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

The avatars do not move in this scenery either. They will appear outside of your aircraft but not walk.
I think the Phenick field manager would have to be re written to be compat with P3D V5.4 . The exe can be opened when
run as administrator but will not make seasonal changes nor add animated traffic etc.

Found a 12 year old video of the air field. Sure wish it could be resurrected for P3D 5.

I have managed to convert the Scenery files and they work however, there is a field manager.exe program that will allow season changes and
animations and sounds but does not modify the scenery when selecting options. That file needs an update for P3D V5.4

Got an email from Lars at 29 Palms and he said he does not have the source code from 12+ years ago. I have converted the scenery
to a summer time mode and the field manager when working would change to other seasons and activate the animated traffic and
sounds. If I do up load it it would work in P3D V4 and V5 but the field manager would not function in any P3D sim. The field manager
would have to be re coded for P3D.

Back