• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

And now flying and bolting/ramp striking all over the place (I foolishly fly always with crash detection ON) I have been through the FAA Sea Hawks, Sea Venom, Scimitar (both Rob's and Virtavia are a real chore to trap), of course the boss - the sublime SkySim Sea Vixen - I cannot recommend more the aging but holding up brilliantly freeware UKMIL Blackburn Buccaneer - it looks like new payware in P3Dv4.5 and is very immersive to fly.

FSX and P3D soldier on!

pDZVYF4.png

And now flying and bolting/ramp striking all over the place (I foolishly fly always with crash detection ON) I have been through the FAA Sea Hawks, Sea Venom, Scimitar (both Rob's and Virtavia are a real chore to trap), of course the boss - the sublime SkySim Sea Vixen - I cannot recommend more the aging but holding up brilliantly freeware UKMIL Blackburn Buccaneer - it looks like new payware in P3Dv4.5 and is very immersive to fly.

FSX and P3D soldier on!
One thing to remeber - most carier jets fly with the speed brakes out on approach; this keeps the engine at a higher RPM so that engine response to throttle is quicker and more refined. Also - being fast is a killer as far as bolters go - typical carrier approach speeds for Navy jets I flew was about 1.1 Vs in landing coniguration, although we actually used the AoA indexers - very reliable, but unfortunatley terribly modeled in most flight sim models.

At those low speeds, dumping or pumping the nose is a killer - power controls rate of descent. Dumping the nose on a high ball at approach speed increases rate of descent quickly/drastically, and is hard to recover from in a timely fashion.

Back