• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hixon link, for anyone desperate enough to want it...

More questions - sorry! Over on the Westernmost large apron, east of the 07 threshold, are an absolute mass of helicopter circles - 16 x 24m, 8 x 30m with 14m inner circles. Which of those should I be including? Because they overlap, FS won't be able to draw them all if I place them.

I've now got 6 x 10m parking spots by the R30 threshold, 9 x 6m parking spots by the 36 threshold, 11 x 30m helipad on the central apron, I'm not even counting the ones on the Northern apron. There are lots. There's no way I can place start points on all of them, FS would throw a fit, so I was going to put one helo parking spot per apron - one for the SAR spots right up next to the Northernmost hangar, one for the apron below that, North of the R30 threshold, one between FRADU/750, then one for each of the other two large aprons, somewhere in the middle of each. Sound reasonable?

Edit: I lied. But good grief, it's a mess. The Hawks don't like my 6m parking spots, either, and are insisting on using the 750 ones, so I need to work on that.

Ian P.

Ian, that sounds like a plan. The South Western dispersal probably only has around 8x30m spots for 824's Merlins, the Middle Southern dispersal has around 4x30m spots on the Northern half for 820 and another 3 on the Southern half for 771 (I know because my cabin in the mess was just across the road and I'd get woken up at silly hours when they were scrambled).
Annoyingly I don't have my nav bag to hand as I've got a copy of the Southern UK TAPS in it with more accurate information.

It would probably look a lot neater if I took all the 24m ones off that Western apron, so I'll just leave the 8 x 30m ones there. The other piece of good news is that there's only a slight error with the 'awks and they're happy on 7m parking spots - indeed preferring them to the 10m ones. There are apparently 8 FRADU Hawks in the MAIW pack and they're all happily now living where I want them. The "tusks" of tarmac pointing into the apron I don't seem to be able to do much about right now, but will have another go, to see if I can put in some intermediate taxi points to reduce, if not remove, them.

I don't suppose anyone around here has seen/done a FRADU repaint for the Skysim Hawk, have they?

Next thing I need to work on is getting rid of the default flatten, I think.

Ian P.

My bad, apologies. :redf:

That's quite alright. I really don't mind... :)

Thanks SkippyBing - I've got the Hawk repaint, although haven't installed it yet. The other thing I have, courtesy of Mr C. "Eagleskinner" Brisland, Esq. is a 771RNAS SAR livery for the Acceleration EH101 Merlin. He gave me permission to host that last night, so when I get chance I'll package it up and upload it to the Culdrose page. I was also considering making a couple of helipads available to the AI and putting a couple of SAR aircraft in to fly off to various places on an irregular basis.

Question... Where do they live these days? Looking at Google Earth and Virtual Earth, both show them up at the top of the NE apron, but that's dated 2001 according to GE.

Ian P.

Edit: Ooh! "gavinc" edited this post... The time machine came to life again. ;)

Ian,
771 are now on the middle of the Southern dispersals, adjacent to the 36 threshold with 820 on the Northern half. I'm not sure when they moved, or indeed if they were ever permanently at the NE corner as that's where 849 have been for ages.

Thanks - I'll try putting a couple of parking spots and some taxiway links down there, see if I can convince helicopters to move more than the Hawks do. I might have to try repainting the Merlin into a low vis grey scheme myself to put a few in for other Squadrons. LoViz isn't really Chris's scene - he'd find a Tiger Stripe one and repaint that instead! :icon_lol:

Ian P.

Back