• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

I Said One Thing But

I Can See

From what I can tell on my NAS CUBI repaint that Jeansy made the lettering went on the HU16_4_t.dds file and I can see where you put the ARGENTIA lettering but I don't see any of the old Whidby
lettering. I don't see any HU16_4_spec.dds file like the other textures have. In the Whidby files the HU16_4_spec.dds file I could see where the Whidby lettering is also there. So maybe
a HU16_4_spec.dds is needed for the Argentia that shows the Argentia lettering as well. It sounds logical to me.

The Argentia is using the generic specular and bump files from the generic texture folder which do not have ANY thing on them just dark gray square specular or light blue square bump. they might enhance the texture but reading the Repainting in P3D I downloaded it is not needed with the ones in the shared texture folder unless I am mistaken.

Much better. What ever you did, fixed it. :encouragement: Yay!!...

Capture.jpg

I just checked mine in V4.5 and its ok. I also downloaded the patch from the Mediafire link and it's ok too. I don't know why you still get that. I am going to zip up my current texture that I have the change in and post a new download to try. If that doesn't work then I can't explain it.

here is a link to a new download that is fixed so no patch is needed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2fr4bftjkmrg4n6/texture.NASArgentia.zip/file

Delete the one in your HU16 folder and replace with this one which is patched.

P2V-7 Neptune of VP-21

Just finished this repaint from photos I downloaded from the VP-21 website. This is the Virtavia Lockheed P2V-7 for FSX and P3D in P3D V4.5 at NAS Argentia on the ramp. This is created from the paintkit so no pasteup errors like the Albatross.

GRbqHcg.png

Last edited:
Wow... That looks nice...Now I'm going to have to bring my P2V from P3D4.5 over to P3D5.4
I managed to crawl around inside one of those at NAS Barbers Point a long time ago. The crew space is tight inside.

Just finished this repaint from photos I downloaded from the VP-21 website. This is the Virtavia Lockheed P2V-7 for FSX and P3D in P3D V4.5 at NAS Argentia on the ramp. This is created from the paintkit so no pasteup errors like the Albatross.

GRbqHcg.png

Muddle Headed

Wow... That looks nice...Now I'm going to have to bring my P2V from P3D4.5 over to P3D5.4
I managed to crawl around inside one of those at NAS Barbers Point a long time ago. The crew space is tight inside.
After I posted this I realized that the Modex "6" on the nose was missing so I went back in and added it. VP-21 painted them larger than some others. I tried to edit the photo but SOH wouldn't let me or i didn't know how. In any case it is complete now. I will post it a little later.

I spent the last couple hours tweaking this so that things all aligned; saved it and compressed it to download:

http://

Here is the download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h3h93qefdku9y3u/texture.VP21-6.zip/file

Looks great; I grew up on the coast of Maine about 30 miles south of NAS Brunswick and my dad would take me to their annual open house/air show every year. I even saw a Maine ANG F-89D take off - what a cloud of black smoke!!

When I was in high school I could drive there myself. In my Sophomore year I talked to two static display P2V-7 pilots who happened to be the CO and XO of a squadron. They encouraged me to look into NROTC and the Naval Academy and keep doing well in school, which I did.

I owe them a lot. Every adult should remember that a little encouragement and advice can go a long way in influencing youngsters.

Great Memories

Looks great; I grew up on the coast of Maine about 30 miles south of NAS Brunswick and my dad would take me to their annual open house/air show every year. I even saw a Maine ANG F-89D take off - what a cloud of black smoke!!

When I was in high school I could drive there myself. In my Sophomore year I talked to two static display P2V-7 pilots who happened to be the CO and XO of a squadron. They encouraged me to look into NROTC and the Naval Academy and keep doing well in school, which I did.

I owe them a lot. Every adult should remember that a little encouragement and advice can go a long way in influencing youngsters.

I was CO of C.W. Nimitz Squadron, U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps for 6 years. I was able to get one of my cadets an appointment to USNA that she graduated from and is now the weapons officer aboard an Arleigh Burke DD. One of my cadets is a SEAL. I am very proud of all the cadets I had the opportunity to mentor. My last summer training was out to San Diego with over 100 cadets and officers under my command with the RIMPAC 1992 "fleet" of Australian, Canadian, Japanese and USN ships. I retired shortly after coming home and turned over command to my XO. :loyal:

P2V Props

RIchard,

IMHO when the engines shutdown, the props take way to long to fully stop, ergo I adjusted the Prop MOI so that they would stop spinning sooner rather then the lengthy time they were
programed:

[propeller]
thrust_scalar=1.000
propeller_type=0
propeller_diameter=14.33
propeller_blades=4
///propeller_moi=153.000
propeller_moi=070.00 <<<< They stop sooner then take all day to stop spinning.

I think the inertia was set too high.

RIchard,

IMHO when the engines shutdown, the props take way to long to fully stop, ergo I adjusted the Prop MOI so that they would stop spinning sooner rather then the lengthy time they were
programed:

[propeller]
thrust_scalar=1.000
propeller_type=0
propeller_diameter=14.33
propeller_blades=4
///propeller_moi=153.000
propeller_moi=070.00 <<<< They stop sooner then take all day to stop spinning.

I think the inertia was set too high.

thanks for that, I'll change mine.

I like to change the beta min to 5.000 instead of 15.000 which has it running down the taxiway.

I cannot get the VP-21 to show in preview much less fly it. BTW I noticed that the crew.dds file is missing (something that the other liveries had in common)

I tried to make my own entry in the aircraft.cfg and no show. I changed the texture folder name to texture.VP21 instead.

[fltsim.X]
title=P2V-7 Neptune VP-21
sim=neptune
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VP-21
kb_checklists=p2v_check
kb_reference=
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=Lockheed
ui_type=P2V-7 Neptune
ui_variation=VP-21, NAS Argencia NF
ui_typerole="Anti-Submarine Warfare"
ui_createdby="Virtavia"
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=Navy
atc_flight_number=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0
description= VP-21 (1943–1969) VP-21 was a Patrol Squadron of the U.S. Navy. The squadron was established as Bombing Squadron 111 (VB-111) on 30 July 1943, redesignated Patrol Bombing Squadron 111 (VPB-111) on 1 October 1944, redesignated Patrol Squadron 111 (VP-111) on 15 May 1946, redesignated Heavy Patrol Squadron (Landplane) 11 (VP-HL-11) on 15 November 1946, redesignated Patrol Squadron 21 (VP-21) on 1 September 1948 and disestablished on 21 November 1969. It was the fifth squadron to be designated VP-21, the first VP-21 was redesignated VP-45 on 1 July 1939, the second VP-21 was redesignated VP-1 on 30 July 1940, the third VP-21 was disestablished on 18 April 1942 and the fourth VP-21 was redesignated VPB-21 on 1 October 1944 21 November 1969. VP-21 was disestablished at NAS Brunswick, Maine

I caught my error

Texture=VP21

It was VP-21 - I took the dash out and now it works fine.

Corrected- Should read:

[fltsim.5]
title=P2V-7 Neptune VP-21
sim=neptune
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VP21
kb_checklists=p2v_check
kb_reference=
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=Lockheed
ui_type=P2V-7 Neptune
ui_variation=VP-21, NAS Argencia NF
ui_typerole="Anti-Submarine Warfare"
ui_createdby="Virtavia"
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=Navy
atc_flight_number=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0
description= VP-21 (1943–1969) VP-21 was a Patrol Squadron of the U.S. Navy. The squadron was established as Bombing Squadron 111 (VB-111) on 30 July 1943, redesignated Patrol Bombing Squadron 111 (VPB-111) on 1 October 1944, redesignated Patrol Squadron 111 (VP-111) on 15 May 1946, redesignated Heavy Patrol Squadron (Landplane) 11 (VP-HL-11) on 15 November 1946, redesignated Patrol Squadron 21 (VP-21) on 1 September 1948 and disestablished on 21 November 1969. It was the fifth squadron to be designated VP-21, the first VP-21 was redesignated VP-45 on 1 July 1939, the second VP-21 was redesignated VP-1 on 30 July 1940, the third VP-21 was disestablished on 18 April 1942 and the fourth VP-21 was redesignated VPB-21 on 1 October 1944 21 November 1969. VP-21 was disestablished at NAS Brunswick, Maine

It looks like it but

OOPS The complete link is missing.
The link is actually from Imgur for the photo upload. I will pack up the texture and also give you a readme to add to the aircraft.cfg so you won't have any problems. I just downloaded John Stinstrom's NAS Brunswick, ME and also Prestwick Scotland both places where I have photos in the VP-21 photo archives. At the end of their career they were stationed at NAS North Island in 1965, I am PM'ing you a link to check out. I think you'll enjoy it.:biggrin-new:

Okay, I read the pm; lots of photos there. Looking forward to the other VP-21 livery. Thanks.

The link is actually from Imgur for the photo upload. I will pack up the texture and also give you a readme to add to the aircraft.cfg so you won't have any problems. I just downloaded John Stinstrom's NAS Brunswick, ME and also Prestwick Scotland both places where I have photos in the VP-21 photo archives. At the end of their career they were stationed at NAS North Island in 1965, I am PM'ing you a link to check out. I think you'll enjoy it.:biggrin-new:

Full Squadron AI

Okay, I read the pm; lots of photos there. Looking forward to the other VP-21 livery. Thanks.
I found Jaap De Baare's AI P2V-7 Neptune at MAIW and downloaded the package. They have updated it so it works in all the sims. Also got NAS Keflavik 1962 with AI flight plans so I am going to make up a package for myself because MAIW don't allow sharing. The 1962-63 textures are like LH-6 with the seablue, white and gray. I will post a link to the all sea blue and a gray and white from 1965 tomorrow. Then I am going to do some Neptune flying before I tackle 10 or 12 repaints and flight plans.

Back