• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

WIP - for an idea of the scale. the monitor is 25" wide exactly...

bJPEcad.jpg

nj3LetL.jpg

TFkkARU.jpg

ea930HM.jpg

486qLot.jpg

wing fences are in place - tail cones for the PW engines (A) model - Phoenix missile racks - cockpit interior sidewalls and bulkheads are skinned

..so much to do, so little time

new project...

the brothers who built for speed in the 1930's made a splash with this Golden Age ripper

ASSxRUW.jpg

RVpggiM.jpg

ZYWXlDB.jpg

more GeeBee Z

5a65hMk.jpg

PD8M9dE.jpg

You might have noticed the belly cover is tacked directly to the plan...I was very careful to make this small part without my usual glue fiesta
We are getting closer to assembly

the model requires a 9" prop of a type that is uncommon for this scale and the only thing provided in the kit is a rubber band type plastic one..so I had to make a scale one.
I have never had much luck making propellers - none actually...but this one looks ok.

The primer is on the prop and the engine cowling but I still need to apply more sealer and sanding effort to the wing and landing gear before I can prime them.
This Dumas kit is very nice but there is one key element missing. There are no patterns or parts for the wing root fairings...and nothing on the plan sheet either.
I have made a few paper patterns of my own but nothing is working out - too many compound curves to deal with. I could make them from balsa - cut formers from 1/16" thick sheet stock, space them an inch or so apart along the wing root - then infill with balsa and wood filler - then contour sand the hollow with sandpaper wrapped around a dowel. Or - skip it because that would be bananas

Bhku1aZ.jpg

xcxS38Q.jpg

NZVuH9X.jpg

Wn7E4JP.jpg

the cowling with the engine and prop mounted temporarily...looks like a bit of orange peel effect on the cowl so some light sanding and another coat of gloss black - it all gets an overcoat of clear after final assembly so that will smooth it out

Back