• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement.
The Grumman design on these flying boats is simple but beautiful and Dumas has made a kit that is very true to that design. I liked the Ranger version but prefer the look of radials. I have to say this model turned out better than I expected even though I did commit a couple of unforced errors.
I wont point them out but they are there.

new project: Guillows B25 Mitchell

just the beginning..

g5BmvQe.jpg

T27CsWS.jpg

JOAT6Jl.jpg

omfNQpN.jpg

This kit has a lot of plastic accessories. Figuring out how to adapt them for use on my model is an interesting challenge as is having this much additional effort required on just the fuselage assembly.

I guess we'll see how it turns out together - lol

update
exIf5Yx.jpg

MQPY24M.jpg

MOWRVBP.jpg

JdGuEo7.jpg

both wings are framed and I have begun the infill process on the port wing. The fuselage has most of its plastic appendages attached with the exception of the rear
gunner's canopy. That part cannot be installed until the rear stabilizer is attached.
The green color applied is the interior green that will show as the interior trim color on the clear parts IE: the canopy and bombardier stations window framing. The aircraft will be painted as a Marine
PBJ-1 in the tricolor dark blue over medium blue over white.

not much to report - other work has slowed this project a bit but I have completed the infill process on the left and right wings. Still have to add the plastic parts, cowl, nacelles, air scoops, ailerons, landing gear, etc..
pictures soon..

lots of filling and sanding yet to be done on the wings but the major components are attached.

I have to say I prefer the Dumas approach to engine nacelles...I think building them up out of balsa makes for a much easier assembly and a much cleaner look with less than half the work.
Fitting together large preformed plastic shells and then fitting them to the wing's airfoil is problematic. They are preformed and therefore unforgiving. So much trimming and filling and flexing and so on..
Whereas with balsa the process is simple and the fitting is unnecessary and the attachments rendered seamless with relative ease.

That said here we are and much remains to be done to get these plastic parts fared in and smooth in transition to each other and to the respective wings

Working on the landing gear next..then the tail assemblies. Once the tail is built up I can begin the final assembly. Then the Marine PBJ-1 paint scheme can be applied. Almost to the stretch.

Stood her up at last..briefly
please pardon the clutter lol

Attachments

• 5C90DEB3-06ED-4A71-B22E-A44917A70974.jpg
    5C90DEB3-06ED-4A71-B22E-A44917A70974.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 5
so the next step is to add the panel lines, then the small details like landing gear doors, propellers, antenna, machine gun barrels, yada yada...
then the decals - then the clear coats of semi gloss..then I can peel the tape off the windows and see what's what

I have corrected the shape of the nose landing gear door and added the top turret gun barrels..

mxVw2jd.jpg

Next: Halls Springfield Bulldog

like the wings of a fly..
kApZ91Z.jpg

A9rBwl9.jpg

6bt8KpB.jpg

similar to the shot I took of the Super Solution during construction..

Back