• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Is there a freeware Convair R4Y / C-131 Samaritan out there?

This is looking awesome! :encouragement: Looking forward to its release.

To get the CalClassics CV-340, go to this site page:

https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/209440-fsxp3d-united-air-lines-convair-cv-340/

If using P3D, INSTALL THIS IN FSX First using the FSX install exe file! Installing directly to P3D does not seem to work, you only get a UAL texture, no plane.

- then copy the CV-340 folder directly to your P3D aircraft directory.

Also copy the folder "340pnlKMCC" to your P3D4 aircraft directory - it is alias - referenced in the panel.cfg file. You can restructure this later by putting the panel in the CV-340 folder and renaming it; make sure you also alter the panel= line in the aircraft.cfg if you rename the desired panel folder

In either case you will have a radar-nosed CV-340 in United Airlines scheme. with Ken Mitchell's VC cockpit.

I will bundle up my C-131F textures a little later

Gauges

To get the CalClassics CV-340, go to this site page:

https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/209440-fsxp3d-united-air-lines-convair-cv-340/

If using P3D, INSTALL THIS IN FSX First using the FSX install exe file! Installing directly to P3D does not seem to work, you only get a UAL texture, no plane.

- then copy the CV-340 folder directly to your P3D aircraft directory.

Also copy the folder "340pnlKMCC" to your P3D4 aircraft directory - it is alias - referenced in the panel.cfg file. You can restructure this later by putting the panel in the CV-340 folder and renaming it; make sure you also alter the panel= line in the aircraft.cfg if you rename the desired panel folder

In either case you will have a radar-nosed CV-340 in United Airlines scheme. with Ken Mitchell's VC cockpit.

I will bundle up my C-131F textures a little later
I installed the CV240 successfully that way but when you use their installer even though the panel is in simobjects/airplanes, you need to open up the gauges folder and copy the CV240 (probably "CV340) gauges from FSX to P3D gauges.

I installed the CV240 successfully that way but when you use their installer even though the panel is in simobjects/airplanes, you need to open up the gauges folder and copy the CV240 (probably "CV340) gauges from FSX to P3D gauges.
Agree; you need to know a little about modifying / renaming in a panel folder and the aircraft.cfg file.

I made a directory in the airplane directory called "FSFSCONV" where I store a lot of panels and sounds referenced by many panels / variations. I then alias to those files in that folder. Saves a lot of confusion -

Hi, Mike! Are you uploading to the Library or using a "dropbox" to put it here on the forum?

I just figured out how to upload to SOH - apparently it "took". I guess there is a wait for administrators to OK it.
to include a aircraft.cfg file entry:

Here it is:

In addition I forgot to include an aircraft.cfg entry - here it is:

[fltsim.xx]
title=C-131F USN CNATRA "Heywagon"
sim=cv34
model= //<<<<<Radar nose. Should be model=button for button nose, or model=short for short nose.
panel= // reference to Ken Mitchell's VC file or as desired
sound= // any as desired
texture=C-131F USN
kb_checklists=CV340_check
kb_reference=CV340_ref
ui_manufacturer=Convair
ui_type=C-131F
ui_variation=USN R4Y-1 / C-131F version of CV-340 with cargo door aft left
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=015
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=340
prop_anim_ratio=0.9
description=36 R4Y (later C-131F) models operated with the Navy. Vice Admiral Alexander Heyworth 's C-131F Samaritan served as his transport plane nicknamed “Heywagon.” when he served as Chief of Naval Air Training during the period 1964-1968.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Mike! Are you uploading to the Library or using a "dropbox" to put it here on the forum?

I just figured out how to upload to SOH - apparently it "took". I guess there is a wait for administrators to OK it.

[fltsim.xx]
sim=cv34
model= //<<<<<Radar nose. Should be model=button for button nose, or model=short for short nose.
sound= // any as desired
texture=C-131F USN
kb_reference=CV340_ref
ui_manufacturer=Convair
ui_type=C-131F
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=015
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=340
prop_anim_ratio=0.9
description=36 R4Y (later C-131F) models operated with the Navy. Vice Admiral Alexander Heyworth 's C-131F Samaritan served as his transport plane nicknamed “Heywagon.” when he served as Chief of Naval Air Training during the period 1964-1968.

[fltsim.xx]
sim=cv34
sound= // any as desired
texture=C-131F USN
kb_reference=CV340_ref
ui_manufacturer=Convair
ui_type=C-131F
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=015
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=340
prop_anim_ratio=0.9

I downloaded that file and during the install, it says you need the base pack BEFORE you install this American airline file, I did all that and in P3D V5.4 the vc cockpit is a mess i.e, blank panel
with no gauges on it. Unless I can find a decent VC cockpit, I may have to put this endeavor on park for the time being.

Try Cal Classics
; they have FSX abd P3d models. I use one in P34.5

https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/209428-fsxp3d-american-air-lines-convair-cv-240-ca-18/

Thereis also a bare metal psd paint kit

I downloaded that file and during the install, it says you need the base pack BEFORE you install this American airline file, I did all that and in P3D V5.4 the vc cockpit is a mess i.e, blank panel
with no gauges on it. Unless I can find a decent VC cockpit, I may have to put this endeavor on park for the time being.
American airline file?? You may have the wrong one. The panel and plane are from

https://www.flightsim.com/fies/file...onvair-cv-340/
l

However I cannot attest to anything beyond P3D4.5. Everything on KM's panel works great there.

Do you get the exterior model and a livery for the CV-340 in your P3D5??

I went to that link and all I got from the P3D install is what you see in this photo

This is supposed to be the BASE pack yet the sound folder is missing and a lot of other folders I am use to seeing. The gauge folder is there with one
texture and that's it. No panel folder or effects (if any) - such a deal!
United.jpg

American airline file?? You may have the wrong one. The panel and plane are from

https://www.flightsim.com/fies/file...onvair-cv-340/
l

However I cannot attest to anything beyond P3D4.5. Everything on KM's panel works great there.

Do you get the exterior model and a livery for the CV-340 in your P3D5??

Mike71,

I have three flavors of P3D V3.4 /4.3 and 5.4 no FSX, I use to have FSX installed but went to P3D sims. The installer shows a FSX installer and I can sometimes trick the FSX installer and point it
to a dummy FSX folder that has FSX.exe which came with the old P3D 3.4

I went to that link and all I got from the P3D install is what you see in this photo] -- Do you have FSX or FS Steam as well?? There may be a workaround that I and GIJoe use --

Mike71,

I have three flavors of P3D V3.4 /4.3 and 5.4 no FSX, I use to have FSX installed but went to P3D sims. The installer shows a FSX installer and I can sometimes trick the FSX installer and point it
to a dummy FSX folder that has FSX.exe which came with the old P3D 3.4]

That is what I did; I installed the UAL file FSX exe into the dummy, then copied over into P3D4.5.

If you still cannot get the panel, try an alias from something else to see if you can at least get the model and a texture.

Okay got it installed in my addons folder. The panel doesn't look to good. Is there something I missed or a better panel to use? We are almost there.

I had to make a dummy FSX folder which unpacked all the other folders that the P3D install didn't have then, had to consoladate this that and the other and try to assimilate somethig
that looks like a CV340 in the United colors.

panel.jpg

So at least the plane is added to my P3Dv5.4 and it recognizes it. The sounds are awful, I think I have some R2800 sounds somewhere. Need a better panel that would help. any suggestions?
340.jpg

Mike71,

to a dummy FSX folder that has FSX.exe which came with the old P3D 3.4]

That is what I did; I installed the UAL file FSX exe into the dummy, then copied over into P3D4.5.

If you still cannot get the panel, try an alias from something else to see if you can at least get the model and a texture.

Okay got it installed in my addons folder. The panel doesn't look to good. Is there something I missed or a better panel to use? We are almost there.

I had to make a dummy FSX folder which unpacked all the other folders that the P3D install didn't have then, had to consoladate this that and the other and try to assimilate somethig

So at least the plane is added to my P3Dv5.4 and it recognizes it. The sounds are awful, I think I have some R2800 sounds somewhere. Need a better panel that would help. any suggestions?]

I just uploaded a revision to my texture file (wing stars, a few touchups) and it includes an R-2800 sound file folder. Should be up for download tomorrow try that.

Also see previous post regarding aircraft.cfg file edit to get the 131 version to show.

Post your your panel.cfg file - you are missing some gauge files that I can likely help you with

That would be nice, for now, I have the basic or first heywagon you posted, still seeking a better panel. Thanks Mike71

hey.jpg

So at least the plane is added to my P3Dv5.4 and it recognizes it. The sounds are awful, I think I have some R2800 sounds somewhere. Need a better panel that would help. any suggestions?]

I just uploaded a revision to my texture file (wing stars, a few touchups) and it includes an R-2800 sound file folder. Should be up for download tomorrow try that.

Also see previous post regarding aircraft.cfg file edit to get the 131 version to show.

Post your your panel.cfg file - you are missing some gauge files that I can likely help you with

Back