• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Is there a freeware Convair R4Y / C-131 Samaritan out there?

I stumbled on a forum (CalClassic) that mentioned that if you use the SHIFT + E (conventional open keys) then you watch the door and hatch fully open upon which you press the y key.
I tried that and it does keep the ladder extended and hatch open, if you don't press that y key all will shut. Weird - very weird. Apparently this issue was mentioned over at CalClassic.

I think the engines have to be off and the parking brake set --

I Fixed It

I had to download and install the CV340 in order to get a full panel in the CV240 after reading the panel.cfg but now I have a complete panel. I will probably swap the GPS for a better one before I fly it. I also downloaded the R2800 sound pack from Calclassics.

Doing some texture updating on the VC. Still plenty to do but currently I've added new sound proofing, new control column boots, new bulkhead (behind the seats), new seat textures and new ducting. I still have new flooring and areas of the overhead to complete. cockpit by Ed Wells, on Flickr

The door and ladder will open but not remain open. As soon as it opens it closes.
Two points for the CV340 / C-131F that work for me in P3D4.5; likely apply to FSX as well.

1. the plane has to be shut down and the parking brake set for the front door / ladder to stay extended

2. the landing lights turn ON with the switch (overhead left side upper), but the EXTEND switch does not work. You need to assign a keyboard command for the EXTEND WATER RUDDER for them to extend / retract as needed
I made an XML gauge switch that does that.

Cv240

Two points for the CV340 / C-131F that work for me in P3D4.5; likely apply to FSX as well.

1. the plane has to be shut down and the parking brake set for the front door / ladder to stay extended

2. the landing lights turn ON with the switch (overhead left side upper), but the EXTEND switch does not work. You need to assign a keyboard command for the EXTEND WATER RUDDER for them to extend / retract as needed

The model for the CV240 has the same animation for its landing lights which I found in the object hierarchy Model Converter X parts. "custom animation" coded. When I opened up pnl340KMCC in FS Panel Studio and opened up the xml for the lights panel, the Water Rudder Handle command IS in there which to me means that they should extend when the landing light switch is thrown. I am going to try it out in P3D V4.5 right now. More later.

Old Smokey

Wish there were a way to shorten the engine exhaust smoke effect. At the rate of smoke, the engine oil should be depleted and engines sent to NARF:biggrin-new:

EDIT:

This is ridiculous - the engines are off and it's still cough.... cough....smoking.

Capture.jpg

I edited the aircraft.cfg file and even hashed out ALL smoke, so where is it getting the cue to smoke like that even with the engines off?

///[SMOKESYSTEM]
///smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_smoke_w
///smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33, fx_smoke_w
///smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_FR_DC4_start.fx
///smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33,fx_FR_DC4_start.fx

Last edited:
The door and ladders work just fine now. (P3DV5.4) Thank you.

Landing Light Extend

I just opened up my T-29 (Convair CV240-C18) at KNQA (thanks Gray Eagle for sharing) to test the landing light extend. On the overhead in the CV240 in the VC it is kind of blurry but as I moused over the upper portion I got a tooltip for landing light (which I assume is illuminate) and next to it a tooltip LLExtend which when clicked with the mouse extends the landing lights. Here is a photo I took:

imRLrmd.jpg

I just opened up my T-29 (Convair CV240-C18) at KNQA (thanks Gray Eagle for sharing) to test the landing light extend. On the overhead in the CV240 in the VC it is kind of blurry but as I moused over the upper portion I got a tooltip for landing light (which I assume is illuminate) and next to it a tooltip LLExtend which when clicked with the mouse extends the landing lights. Here is a photo I took:
Thanks; maybe my cursor won't work right in the VC, but my new switch does work. I ill take a new look at the old extend switch / xml

I wonder if that smoke effect is baked into the mdl file?

Wish there were a way to shorten the engine exhaust smoke effect. At the rate of smoke, the engine oil should be depleted and engines sent to NARF:biggrin-new:

EDIT:

This is ridiculous - the engines are off and it's still cough.... cough....smoking.

Capture.jpg

I edited the aircraft.cfg file and even hashed out ALL smoke, so where is it getting the cue to smoke like that even with the engines off?

///[SMOKESYSTEM]
///smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_smoke_w
///smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33, fx_smoke_w
///smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_FR_DC4_start.fx
///smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33,fx_FR_DC4_start.fx

aircraft.cfg code to comment out anything is // NOT /// with the three you may be keeping it in there. Just a thought that I noticed.

This I know....Two or three (/) doesn't make any difference in this situation.

Capture.jpg

//[SMOKESYSTEM]
//smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_smoke_w
//smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33, fx_smoke_w
//smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_FR_DC4_start.fx <<<< was going to try another effect
//smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33,fx_FR_DC4_start.fx <<<<< ditto

Then I

This I know....Two or three (/) doesn't make any difference in this situation.

Capture.jpg

//[SMOKESYSTEM]
//smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_smoke_w
//smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33, fx_smoke_w
//smoke.0=0.2, -4.67, 12.33, fx_FR_DC4_start.fx <<<< was going to try another effect
//smoke.1=0.2, -4.67, -12.33,fx_FR_DC4_start.fx <<<<< ditto
Then I'm afraid I don't have a clue. Try at the FSDevelopers, maybe someone there has had this problem and solved it.

Richard

Back