• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Izumo class carrier Japan Navy

Thanks Klaus,
-I have replaced the sim1.dll by a new one (from my backup FSX folder) ==> always the same error with AI carriers while with other carrier (Foch , …. ) it's OK ,
-MCX : all models are OK (perhaps long to load : 13 s) ,
Perhaps there is an error for init.0 definition of
aircarriers.cfg file i added ?
[formation.8]
title=JMSDF_Izumo
unit.0=JMSDF_Izumo_carrier Izumo 183 offen F35OSP, 0, 0
Can anyone tell me if the syntax is correct ?
Thanks for your responses

Thanks Klaus,
-I have replaced the sim1.dll by a new one (from my backup FSX folder) ==> always the same error with AI carriers while with other carrier (Foch , …. ) it's OK ,
-MCX : all models are OK (perhaps long to load : 13 s) ,
Perhaps there is an error for init.0 definition of
aircarriers.cfg file i added ?
[formation.8]
title=JMSDF_Izumo
unit.0=JMSDF_Izumo_carrier Izumo 183 offen F35OSP, 0, 0
Can anyone tell me if the syntax is correct ?
Thanks for your responses

The formation.xx Will be the Next corelative number in the cfg file

Thanks CIMOGT ;
Yes I know and it is the case ;
I would like to tell you that the path of my FSX is 'C:\FSX' and is in administrator mode , with no UAC and I have the UIAutomationCore.dll file in FSX root

My system crashs too

Hi Folks

at first a big "Thank you" to the ship builder klnwak to offer the ships for free!

But unfortunatly I´ve made the same experience as FLYTITI. I´am using the SWS fleet placer (also ai carriers is installed) ...
I can choose the formation, it´s position, course and speed... when I push the button for placing the formation my FSX Gold (with with updates - everything is fine...) stops ...and my system likes to restart it after the crash.

Because i have integrated really a lot of ships in the fleet placer and in ai carriers in the past - in all - really all - cases without any problems (including ships from klnowak - the german frigates...) therefore I´am assuming a slit eyed bug in this japanese beauties...

Any ideas ???... My FSX is running stable and `I do not like to change a running system.....

Greetings RS

Hi ,
I tried all the conf , I have 3 behaviours ,
- I managed to display one conf

attachment.php

- or I have (object failed) :
attachment.php

- For the other , I have a FSX crash as I said

Perhaps it's very long to load the textures and there is a time out in sim1.dll ?
when I load a model in MCX , It takes 13 or 15 s to load but 10 s for the conf that works

Attachments

• Izumo 183 offen F35.jpg
    Izumo 183 offen F35.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Object Failed.jpg
    Object Failed.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 31
hmmnnnn…. I just realized you used my Arleigh Burke class USS Bainbridge model as base for your Atago class....That would be okay if you credited me as it is stated in my copyright, but you neither asked nor credited me and that is not okay. Just adding some elements to the model does not make it your creation.

Henrik

Absolutly right,

bag your pardon Henrik. I just look into the readme and must say i forgot it completly.

So i will ask for your permission now (just to late i now....) for using and changing your models. If you could not give your permission ( what will be ok...) then i will ask to delete the models from here. Even this is the only place i load them to a library.

greetimgs
Klaus

Absolutly right,

bag your pardon Henrik. I just look into the readme and must say i forgot it completly.

So i will ask for your permission now (just to late i now....) for using and changing your models. If you could not give your permission ( what will be ok...) then i will ask to delete the models from here. Even this is the only place i load them to a library.

greetimgs
Klaus

Hi Klaus,
You are welcome to use, but if you do an update please include the crédits. I think it might be worthwhile doing an update because there is a performance issue for some of the models. The mdl files have grown very big including many detailed elements, but beyond that, maybe there could also be an issue in the way the models were recompiled with elements done in different design tools.
Best regards
Henrik

Update possible?

Hi klnowak,

is there a chance you will search this slit eyed bug in your models and update them? As kl791 said ....it might be worthwhile doing an update...

I think a lot of guys would be pleased to see theese modified smart beauties on the FSX seas...

Many greetings

RS

Update for Izumo class carriers and destroyers ?

Hi KLNOWAK

once more my question: No update?....

Thanks in advance for a short reply...

Many greetings

RS

Bag your parden for long time to answer. I`m not at home for the last time.

Will have a look for that update in future after ending some new carriers like the USS John F.Kennedy (CV-67) (need a permission to give it to everyone. Model is nearly ready), an the three LPH-4 Hornet (ex CV-21), LPH-5 Princeton (ex CV-37) and LPH-8 Valley Forge (CV-45). All modeling on these models is done... some textures to do for all different helicopter on deck. These models will come with different configuration (bridge, arming, helicopters) from timeline 1957-1970 (past Korea till Vietnam war period).

Will show some pictures in the near future when home back again.

greetings
Klaus

Nice to hear from you

Hi klnowak

thank you for your feedback.... some new carriers ?... What a great message!...
Enjoy the work on your models... I am very pleased to take a look on them when finished.

Many greetings

RS

I need a proper text for aircarriers.cfg
All the names for the variations of the ship that would appear on the "unit.0=" line in the aicarriers.cfg file are in Izumo's sim.cfg file and also in the .pdf file that comes with the download.

All the names for the variations of the ship that would appear on the "unit.0=" line in the aicarriers.cfg file are in Izumo's sim.cfg file and also in the .pdf file that comes with the download.

Ok,here the aicarriers.cfg example:

[formation.XX]
title=JMSDF_Izumo_carrier Izumo 183 offen F35OSP
unit.0=
unit.1=
unit.2=

What to write for the units?

Zsolt

Zsolt, you just need to enter the sim.cfg name of the Izumo version you want as the "unit.0" line in the aicarriers.cfg file. The "title=" line is free text for you to call the formation any name you want, like "Izumo Task Group" or what I have in the example below:

[formation.XX]

title=JS Izumo with F-35 and Osprey
unit.0=JMSDF_Izumo_carrier Izumo 183 offen F35OSP, 0,0
unit.1=
unit.2=

The "0,0" (zero, zero) at the end of the "unit.0" line makes Izumo the reference point of the formation. Any Japanese destroyers or other ships you want to add as unit.1, unit.2, etc. will be positioned off her. Hope this helps you.

Back