• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KBT update to L-188?

At KMEM - P3D 4.5

Capture.jpg

Nice shot of the cargo version there - I presume that is GSX? doing the work. I could never get it to work properly on my old FSX system.

Nice shot of the cargo version there - I presume that is GSX? doing the work. I could never get it to work properly on my old FSX system.

It is. It works good for me in P3D 4.5 and it did when I used P3D V3

I tried this
[electrical]

starter1=0, 20, 17.0
starter2=0, 20, 17.0
starter3=0, 20, 17.0
starter4=0, 20, 17.0

starter 1 is only one that will start. Others don't start. I noticed the the generator switches will all switch off when I select #2 etc and do a CTRL +E
Also, It seems like the props take to long to stop spinning after shut down. My guess is something in Aircraft cfg prop MOI? needs adjustment. Just a guess.

This little number gets the stairs working for me.

Add this gauge in the attached zip file and this line in your panel.cfg:

[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=50,80
position=8
visible=1
ident=60

gauge00=DoorControl!Version3, 0,0,50,80

"E3" does the air stair.

Attachments

• DoorControl.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 24
This little number gets the stairs working for me.

Add this gauge in the attached zip file and this line in your panel.cfg:

[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=50,80
position=8
visible=1
ident=60

gauge00=DoorControl!Version3, 0,0,50,80

"E3" does the air stair.

I've no issues with the stairs.

It's the VC start engines that's not working for me. For now, I just use the CTRL + E and watch each engine automatically start up.

GE, I also just had a hard time with the manual individual engine starts. What seems to work is to have the fuel swtiches all on cutoff, select an engine with the white rotary dial on the 2d panel, press the green button, wait a bit, click Fuel On for that engine, then switch the white rotary button to OFF. Only then could I start any engine individually.

GE, I also just had a hard time with the manual individual engine starts. What seems to work is to have the fuel swtiches all on cutoff, select an engine with the white rotary dial on the 2d panel, press the green button, wait a bit, click Fuel On for that engine, then switch the white rotary button to OFF. Only then could I start any engine individually.

Ah...Thanks for the info

As far as operation of the stairs I discovered:
shift+E+2 to lower the stairs

It turns out when you first load the aircraft there is a gauge or embedded XML code constantly sending key commands to adjust the mixture.
If you switch to VC, advance then retard the throttles, it seems to clear it and you can operate the exits & stairs normally.

Thanks BendyFlyer for all the useful tips, including the panel mods, and texture mods by Paul Craig which have really sharpened her up inside and out. I seem to now have the engine starting and AP functions working acceptably. Really a very satifying ride now in P3Dv4.5.

I recall there was I think a cargo version that had both a forward large cargo door and rear split door also with an air stair? Can't seem to find it or get it work in my rag tag collection of KBT Electra bits.

vjoZaUl.png

KBT P3 Prop MOI Fix and idle brake creep

When I shutdown the KBT Electra P3D V4 the Props seemed to spin for two minutes ` after the engine has
stopped. I had to modify the Propeller MOI setting to = 7.0 that works. At first, when I changed the numbers,
only #1 engine would start and not the others. I finally had my aha moment.

Now I am trying figure how to solve the engine idle brake creep.

I've tried this suggestion and doesn't seem to help

Open Aircraft.cfg, and search for "brakes". You will see 2 lines like this:

parking_brake = 1
toe_brakes_scale = 1.0 <-- increase this, to 1.5, 2.0, et

EDIT: It seems if I set the brakes before starting all the props, engine idle with no aircraft movement; when brakes are released it seems to remain stopped.

Then when I release the brakes and apply a little throttle it will move a little, then, when I reapply the brakes (engine at idle) it will remain stopped.

I've also noticed that making an increase in the "toe_brakes_scale" value causes the plane to nose (dip) down more when braking. I changed it back to what it was.

At least the Prop MOI adjustment will make the props stop spinning sooner (realistically) then before.

Last edited:
Expat I think the rear stairs was on the P3 not the L188.

GreyEagle - re the engine data, yes it is out of whack - something to look at later I am afraid. The problem there is matching correct data for props and engine with the air file - not impossible actually but again another one on the make work schedule for the new year

Expat I think the rear stairs was on the P3 not the L188.

GreyEagle - re the engine data, yes it is out of whack - something to look at later I am afraid. The problem there is matching correct data for props and engine with the air file - not impossible actually but again another one on the make work schedule for the new year

As far as the Prop MOI adjustments, they used to spin way too much after shutting the engine(s) down. I remember having this issue in FSX and used the same remedy for P3D.

Butch

Last edited:
Engine Startup

It looks like there isn't a way for a manual engine startup, so it looks like CTRL + E is the only way to do this. Speaking of which, when I do the CTRL +E, sometimes only #1 engine will spool up and

the others will just sit idle. Other times, CTRL + E will start 1/2/3/4 in succession with no issues. It seems a bit temperamental at times. Where there any gauges to install with the L-188?

Over at Avsim I noticed a file named fskbt_l188_fix.zip

I wonder if anyone has use the KBT P3 panel or if that would alleviate the manual startup issue? Looking inside the gauge folder there is an XML file that reads for FS2004.

Over at avsim there is a file fskbt_l188_fix.zip and wonder if the file is necessary for P3D V4 use?

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=electra+kbt&CatID=root&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=2

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=172012

GrayEagle - The starter switch is inoperable in the VC mode you have to bring up the 2D overhead. This is one of the various switch and VC issues that are being worked on. The logic of the relationship between VC and 2d is also a back to front for some reason. You will only get the light switches, battery master, fuel cut off, generator and starters in the 2d panel. They do not correspond to the VC and basically most of the VC overhead is for show only.

Can't seem to view the overhead where the start switch is located. Can you please show me a picture of this?
Having issues as of late with the Ctrl + E autostart. Most of the time, only engine 1 will light off. Other times the other engines will light off either right away or after
a long delay.
Not sure what is causing that.

I took this screenshot of my KBT P-3C Orion several years ago showing the engine start switches.

P3 Engine start switches.JPG

I took this screenshot of my KBT P-3C Orion several years ago showing the engine start switches.

attachment.php

Those switches are not functional in the Lectra 188. They are in the P3C. From what I've heard, they have can be manually started in the 2D panel for the L-188 and finding
the start switch in the 2D panel for the L-188 is what I am asking. I can view part of the 2D panel overhead, but not enough to show the start switch.

I have the L-188 looking ok in P3DV5.1, but (even though the throttles are at full) the aircraft will not go above 24-25kts. My throttle is calibrated, and works fine on all other aircraft..... NC

Auto engine start

Sometimes, when I do the CTRL + E, only engine #1 will start. I've noticed that before an engine start, if I cycle the joystick throttle back and forth a few cycles and then do the CTRL + E,
the engines will start one after another.

I have the panel created by Paul Strogen for the original Lockheed L-188 Electra model by Mike Stone and have tried to use this panel for the LBT L-188 to no avail.
I've tried to substitute this panel in the aircraft.cfg folder and I don't see any difference from the stock panel.

EDIT: When I read the Strogen panel was for the Mike Stone FS2004 L-188 I then thought this may not be compatible for P3D4/5 sim and perhaps why when I tried
to substitute this panel for the stock one that I saw no difference.

I also noticed that SHIFT +2 shows a popup panel that provides door control buttons to open/close front and aft doors and any ladders.

LBT P3C and L-188 panels

I am trying to install the KBT P3C Panel over to the KBT L-188. In doing so, I noticed that the throttle and starter switches do not move in the Electra whereas they
do in the P3C

Capture.jpg

In the latest version of their P3 P-3C Orion FSX v331 dx10-20210101T174404Z-001.zip it contains
panel=The general-purpose virtual cockpit for the P-3 series which I copied over to the L-188 folder and
changed the panel entry to match what was in the Orion. When I opened one of the L-188s, I noted that the
starter and throttle switches were still frozen. :dizzy: In the P3 panel readme it says This panel was created by Paul Strogen for the original
Lockheed L-188 Electra model by Mike Stone.
I would of thought it would of worked for the Electra.This switches move in the P3 sim but not for the L-188 Electra........:dizzy:

This is link to KBT stuff

https://viperhiro.wordpress.com/

I've found the upper panel where the start switches are in the L188. (Shift + 6) From there, I can initiate the engine start.

Still don't understand why the panel in the P3 with functioning starter switches (VC Cockpit) will not function in the Electra.

I am trying to install the KBT P3C Panel over to the KBT L-188. In doing so, I noticed that the throttle and starter switches do not move in the Electra whereas they
do in the P3C

Capture.jpg

In the latest version of their P3 P-3C Orion FSX v331 dx10-20210101T174404Z-001.zip it contains
panel=The general-purpose virtual cockpit for the P-3 series which I copied over to the L-188 folder and
changed the panel entry to match what was in the Orion. When I opened one of the L-188s, I noted that the
starter and throttle switches were still frozen. :dizzy: In the P3 panel readme it says This panel was created by Paul Strogen for the original
Lockheed L-188 Electra model by Mike Stone.
I would of thought it would of worked for the Electra.This switches move in the P3 sim but not for the L-188 Electra........:dizzy:

I've found the upper panel where the start switches are in the L188. (Shift + 6) From there, I can initiate the engine start.

Still don't understand why the panel in the P3 with functioning starter switches (VC Cockpit) will not function in the Electra.

GrayEagle - the reason is the model mapping the four switches on the left are actually not linked to the starter switches but fuel systems and they do not function properly and the four red ones are tagged in the model as mixture switches which of course is a nonsense also in a jet engine/turboprop. At the moment the only start method is from the popup overhead and that can be flaky yes the same as CTL+E can be as well. The reason the P3 wont work in the L188 is the model files are different so in the VC they do different things depending on whether it is the P3 or the L188 even though they look the same. A few of us are working on it and the overhead starter button and selector now appears to be functional but the whole thing is a mess and it starts with the model and then goes through the VC alas. Frankly I am not confident a lot of these issues can be overcome at the moment, for instance the autopilot is a nightmare as well, you fix one thing and it breaks something else and so it goes. At the moment it is a low priority I think for some of us. See what the new year brings maybe!

Back