• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KNGZ NAS Alameda

I Found The Address

I found the email address in my archives for Serge Lurzin who is "fsxnavypilot" PADDLES the creator of vLSO and send him an email last night which was returned undeliverable this morning. Also I NEVER got a password reset from FSDT Unofficial Forum Tacpac though I tried three times again yesterday. If anyone knows any other way to contact him for permission to share vLSO reach out to him for permission to share vLSO here in the Warbirds Library.

I did a members search here and found "fsxnavypilot" is a member and just sent him a Private Message. Let's hope he is still around and will agree.

Last edited:
FLOLS Trailer at NAS Alameda

Yesterday with Divine guidance I was able to fix the SODE successfully and according to the Runway Taxiway diagram furnished by Alan at the NAS Alameda Museum, at the beginning of Runway 31 is the LSO/FLOLS trailer. Since I was able to download it exclusive of the FCLP by Slivain Paroty of RFN I was able to create a SODE xml code for it. I had to correct the latitude and Longitude of KNGZ from what I had created back in 2016 so here are two downloads: first replace the scenery folder with the new one created in ADEx. Second, install the SODE_FLOLS into your SODE folders simobjects and xml. If you haven't done this before there is a README explaining how. I haven't tested this yet so if anyone is going to do any FCLP at NAS Alameda let me know how it works.

scenery folder: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j3g1l0tqplz8rpr/scenery.zip/file

FLOLS trailer: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j3g1l0tqplz8rpr,47qluf40jhjizvd/shared

b9hQiDW.jpeg

Question: Is there any appreciable difference from the scenery files of last few months and this new one? In other words, you corrected the long/lat coordinates in this new scenery to accommodate the FLOLS?
If I did not want the FLOLS do I still need to redownload this scenery update?

Yesterday with Divine guidance I was able to fix the SODE successfully and according to the Runway Taxiway diagram furnished by Alan at the NAS Alameda Museum, at the beginning of Runway 31 is the LSO/FLOLS trailer. Since I was able to download it exclusive of the FCLP by Slivain Paroty of RFN I was able to create a SODE xml code for it. I had to correct the latitude and Longitude of KNGZ from what I had created back in 2016 so here are two downloads: first replace the scenery folder with the new one created in ADEx. Second, install the SODE_FLOLS into your SODE folders simobjects and xml. If you haven't done this before there is a README explaining how. I haven't tested this yet so if anyone is going to do any FCLP at NAS Alameda let me know how it works.

scenery folder: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j3g1l0tqplz8rpr/scenery.zip/file

FLOLS trailer: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j3g1l0tqplz8rpr,47qluf40jhjizvd/shared

b9hQiDW.jpeg

Answer

Question: Is there any appreciable difference from the scenery files of last few months and this new one? In other words, you corrected the long/lat coordinates in this new scenery to accommodate the FLOLS?
If I did not want the FLOLS do I still need to redownload this scenery update?

I would say yes, because it updates the actual location of the airport instead of the default location of it in FSX or P3D which just IMO mimicked old FSX coordinates for default airports. Besides, in the new sims even in FSX, it is the closed NGZ NOT KNGZ. We didn't know any better back then and just trusted the ACEs team to create exact, accurate locations which was not the case in many instances. Again LM bought the undeveloped Microsoft professional simulator ESP and went from there. I know that a lot has changed since then with version 4, 5 and now 6 but in every airport I have created in the past few years I always used the Airnav coordinates and runway information to be as up to date as I could be.

So just replace the two old bgls with the two new ones in your zip file?

I would say yes, because it updates the actual location of the airport instead of the default location of it in FSX or P3D which just IMO mimicked old FSX coordinates for default airports. Besides, in the new sims even in FSX, it is the closed NGZ NOT KNGZ. We didn't know any better back then and just trusted the ACEs team to create exact, accurate locations which was not the case in many instances. Again LM bought the undeveloped Microsoft professional simulator ESP and went from there. I know that a lot has changed since then with version 4, 5 and now 6 but in every airport I have created in the past few years I always used the Airnav coordinates and runway information to be as up to date as I could be.

I guess We're Done

I guess that this has again come to a close. NAS Alameda is again put away. If anyone has any comments or questions please send me a Private Message. I won't be visiting this thread any longer. I hope that you enjoy it. Simulloyd and I are really pleased that it got a new group of interested sim flyers as well a few off the ol' timers like us. Keep the blue side up! :encouragement:

Back