• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KPLN Pellston Regional Airport Michigan

Looking good Richard. I am not familiar with that neck of the woods but I would like to see how it plays in P3D V5.4 barring any scenery elevations/alignment issues as per P3D V5.3 should
work out ok. I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that V5.4 was suppose to take the kinks out of the scenery alignment issues and any scenery/building/runway bleed thru.

All checked out

Well, Gray Eagle beta tested it for me today in Prepar3D V5.3 and I checked it out in V4.5 and with a few tweaks it's all done and ready to pack up. I will announce here when I have uploaded it to the Library after I finish the readme. Since all the windsocks are SODE, I will include the simobject and the 5 xml's for them. I have seen where they can all be in one xml, but the last time I tried that it didn't work, which I'm sure is me. I am going to make a version for FSX/Prepar3D V1,2,and 3 as well. I have to add all the bgl's into ADEx FSX version library and then it should be good to save and compile. (At least I hope so...fingers crossed LOL!!!) 🤞 I'll send it to my beta tester for FSX Falcon409 and if it's ok on his sim then it's ok to upload. OK Ed?

Richard,

Correction, I tried it out in P3D V5.4 I still cannot see the wind sock pole. I sent you an email about that. With screen shots.

Last edited:
If I'm In The Mood

Well, after working for a few hours tonight, I thought that I had the FSX version ready. NOT!!!!!!!! All of the bgl's that I had converted from Matthias libraries are all actually in P3D4 format and do not show up in FSX EVEN THOUGH they do in Airport Design Editor when I imported them into the library. So, now I have to delete them all; convert the FS9 to FSX and reload them into the ADE FSX Library Object Manager and I'm not in the mood right now, ya think? It has been a disappointment. After a good night's sleep I will probably do it tomorrow since we are supposed to have horrible weather and I have a day off from home school. Now, in the words of a famous General: NUTS!!!!!:banghead:

Need Some Help

I am asking for some help if anyone is willing: I would like those who use Prepar3D V4's and V5's to download the KPLN Airport from the link below, unzip it and follow the README inside the folder. Then PM me with your comment and constructive criticisms to fix anything that needs fixing before final release. From my post last night. I am holding off on FSX until I get the comments on P3D and thank you all for your help. I know this is the FSX forum and I am doing this backwards. My Dell Windows 10 doesn't like FSX Acceleration and after much working on trying to fix that it just works how and when it wants to. Sometimes it was great and then other times after a two hour flight on final it just turned itself off. When last Christmas my friend bought me Prepar3D V4.5 I just haven't looked back. I will spend my day off today in Model Converter X converting all the KPLN FS9 bgls from Matthias with his permission to FSX ready to go and check it out myself.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wpgrtqrs253zmd3/KPLN+Pellston+P3D+Beta.zip/file

I'll give it a try... With pleasure.

I do not have any folder in C:\ProgramData called 12bpilot, so I'm not sure where to put the KPLN SODE stuff.
Otherwise, all looking great, day & night, summer & winter.

I copied the KPLN folder to my Addon Scenery folder & activated it that way. I just prefer to install scenery like that.

Well done.. now to work out where the SODE stuff goes..

I been busy

Spent the last few hours successfully. I didn't just want to spend my day off from homeschool on the couch without a book to read so I dug into the FS9 bgl's from Matthias and my dae's from my custom buildings and stuff and got the FSX Pellston completed. Here it is for any FSX guys to test out please and like above, PM me please with anything that needs fixing or adding if you think it's missing. I have also included the SODE file of the windsocks. There are five of them starting with the one in the red and white segmented circle.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kygubf2nhzy2ix3/KPLN+FSX+Complete.zip/file

:encouragement:

AND in the words of Maxwell Smart of Get Smart for those of you as old as me LOL, "Would you believe.....FSX and Dell played nice together today."

You Need The SODE Program

I'll give it a try... With pleasure.

I do not have any folder in C:\ProgramData called 12bpilot, so I'm not sure where to put the KPLN SODE stuff.
Otherwise, all looking great, day & night, summer & winter.

I copied the KPLN folder to my Addon Scenery folder & activated it that way. I just prefer to install scenery like that.

Well done.. now to work out where the SODE stuff goes..

Here is a link to the free program SODE you need to install and then you will have 12bpilot in program data.

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

KPLN In FSX

Here are two screenshots I took in FSX(A) on Windows 10 of KPLN on the ground:

[FONT=&quot]
PTrGzWP.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
1ZOvVm5.jpg
[/FONT]

https://i.imgur.com/1ZOvVm5.jpg[/img

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Here are two screenshots I took in FSX(A) on Windows 10 of KPLN on the ground:

https://i.imgur.com/1ZOvVm5.jpg[/img

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Are you going to boost this over to P3D 4/5 area? It's nice to see this sock with pole in FSX.

BTW, did you look at and try (substitute) the SODE files I sent you?

Got It Working

I see there is a V1.8 now. I don't know if I should upgrade or not. It looks like it was for P3D V6 users although V5 is mentioned in that upgrade.
I have a few addon sceneries that have installed their SODE files and managed to create another SODE folder.
Since you have it all working the way it is, in the words of my wise uncle: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Make Sure

So, I followed the above & installed SODE v1.8.. Everything looks OK, but no windsocks.
Great scenery.:applause:
Following the instructions I wrote in the SODE Readme, be sure that you have the sim object in the sim object folder and the xml in the xml folder. That is the only reason I can think of that you do not have them. It is very sensitive to this. I have created enough SODE objects after I was taught how to be aware of this and sometimes I still make a mistake.

Night textures

I am in the process of creating the night textures for all the buildings for both the FSX and P3D versions of the airport now that it seems the daytime versions are all ok. Stay tuned for updates here and over at P3D Forum. :wavey:

This Mornings Work

Well back on the jobsite at KPLN, I tackled the LM textures for the terminal. After a prayer for divine inspiration because the textures are on a two composite sheets, I started first just by a hue and saturation layer adjustment in Photoshop which was ok but lights up everything which it isn't in real life. After selections with the polygonal lasso tool and cut and paste into png new layers, I suceeded with what I think is pretty close to what it looks like and will put this in the update folder. My goal has been one building a day in the past after homeschool which is back in session after the holidays, this is building number 1. I am going to have t5o open up ADE again though I can see and light up that parking lot with a lot of lights for night time.

qBmFpP0.jpg

4z7kwOb.jpg

This Hasn't Died

I have been working on the Pellston Lodge across from the airport. It is quite complex but the main lodge was completed tonight. Tomorrow I will finish it up with the annex and then will post screenshots of it here and also over at Prepar3D forum. Here is a screenshot I took in Sketchup to send to the copyright holder of this unique Adorondak chair that is out in front of the Beaches Up North Bar And Grill. I got a telephone call followed up by an email giving me permission to use their chair design and share it. I thought it was so cool I just had to do it. I wondered if they took it in for winter or left it out all year but I saw a video posted of the bar by a snow mobiler and it's out in front covered in snow. Here is what it looks like:

[FONT=&quot]
gU60AsV.jpg
[/FONT]

Prepar3D is Done

I have completed KPLN for P3D and the link is over in the other forum. Now I have to convert the last two buildings I created into FSX from the Collada files and add them in ADEx so that I can give you all the FSX version complete. Next week sometime as soon as I get the time to finish them. I hope that you all will enjoy it finally 2 years later than when it started. Interestingly, in talking with Matthias he is going to make a new version for MSFS where he has migrated to peaking his interest in it again with our posts. Have a good rest of the weekend, ya'all. :wavey:

Back