• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KPLN Pellston Regional Airport Michigan

Above Post

Hi, possible to get a link to the updated file?
I'm a bit confused as where to find it.

Many thanks.
Above on January 9th i posted a mediafire link to the most current (beta) version for FSX. Over in the Prepar3D Forum is the finished version for Prepar3D Versions 4 and 5. I still have to convert the files to FSX bgl's for the Beaches Up North Bar And Grill and the totally custom Pellston Lodge both of which are across from the airport on the highway. P3D bgls do not work in FSX though FSX bgls of scenery sometimes work in P3D, hit and miss results for them. None of the FS9 work in P3D V4 or 5. Did you ever get your SODE downloaded so you can see the windsocks and also for the US Flag at Pellston Lodge. I also have to add the flags at the entrance to the airport I saw which also will be SODE. In order for the flags and windsocks to be sensitive to the wind direction and speed SODE files are required. Thank you for your interest.

Thanks so much.
Nope, I somehow did not get SODE working. Everything is where they should be.

I'll keep on trying a bit later. It's 19:53 here in Cape Town, & I've got some binge watching of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters to do..:wiggle:[h=1][/h]
Above on January 9th i posted a mediafire link to the most current (beta) version for FSX. Over in the Prepar3D Forum is the finished version for Prepar3D Versions 4 and 5. I still have to convert the files to FSX bgl's for the Beaches Up North Bar And Grill and the totally custom Pellston Lodge both of which are across from the airport on the highway. P3D bgls do not work in FSX though FSX bgls of scenery sometimes work in P3D, hit and miss results for them. None of the FS9 work in P3D V4 or 5. Did you ever get your SODE downloaded so you can see the windsocks and also for the US Flag at Pellston Lodge. I also have to add the flags at the entrance to the airport I saw which also will be SODE. In order for the flags and windsocks to be sensitive to the wind direction and speed SODE files are required. Thank you for your interest.

Fiinal Version For FSX

I spent all day today tweaking this into I hope a finished product. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it. Here is a link in mediafire to download it. Please follow the SODE instructions carefully to get all the windsocks and flags. If you have any problems, please send me a PM specifically stating what is happening and a screenshot if you are able. Otherwise, have fun flying. BTW the airport was shut down for two days because of freezing rain that the deicing equipment had trouble handling (news story real airport).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o2tia0nnqcfmwsj/KPLN+FSX+Complete.zip/file

Fix The Hold Shorts

I got a PM this morning about the Hold Short marks being backwards and just spent an hour and a half correcting them. You can't tell what direction they are pointing when you use an enhanced Ground Poly for them so I had to have both the sim and ADEx open. It was pointed out to me in P3D but I know they are wrong until I send you a fix for FSX too. Also going to correct the Windsock sim object in the SODE since I just found a photo of the real one closeup yesterday from someone who ate at Hoppe's Landing Restaurant and took a pic out the window. Thank you to the anonymous patron.

[FONT=&quot]
0bQ2NCk.jpg
[/FONT]

Fiinal Fixes

The new windsocks are in place in SODE which only the simobject needs to be replaced. Xml is not changed. This and the FSX airport are in the final FSX version V3 of KPLN Pellston from the Mediafire download link below. I hope you enjoy flying in and out of Pellston as much as I have had creating it and as always learned just a bit more about scenery, SODE and flight simulation.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2l3topjixlq2z45/KPLN+V3+FSX.zip/file

Here is the new segmented circle

After finding a photo of the real windsock in the segmented circle behind the terminal at KPLN, I had to redo it so that it is correct. In the past my wind circles have been concrete blocks as previously at other airports real world but I guess they must be too hard to maintain or replace being arc shaped formed concrete. My information though actual was old I guess four or five years ago. Anyway...I was able on Google to locate a manufacturer of these "tents" to create segmented circles and they had a download pdf of the actual engineering drawing with dimensions and material list. So I set out to create the "real thing" and after a few hours on Sketchup utilizing the Engineering Toolbox for the structural shapes of the framework here is the result. Below it is the mediafire link to the updated airport bgl's and the segmented circle bgl's. Please follow the README carefully after you unzip it so there are no errors.

gn2LT1S.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hfykvlamcqnvdoo/KPLN+for+FSX+Update+Feb+10+2024.zip/file

Back