• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Milviz F-86

By request - WIP still doing some tweaking. Should be up in a couple days.

52553332679_d3a0e14f1a_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome!! Off to purchase the F-86 now!! Only thing I see wrong is the tail flash. The red part should be orange.

EDIT: Hmmm, don't see it on their site.
EDIT2: Yay, found it on ORBX! Now installed!!

Last edited:
When I found the SectioF8 F86 had 'painted' gun ports, not modelled...I set about reinventing them into Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CAC-27 Sabres...ignoring the reality the airframe was about 80% different. No-one had modelled the Aussie Sabre which was a better aircraft. I did 6 of the 'real ones' including the prototype...all uploaded here...;)

Awesome!! Off to purchase the F-86 now!! Only thing I see wrong is the tail flash. The red part should be orange.

EDIT: Hmmm, don't see it on their site.
EDIT2: Yay, found it on ORBX! Now installed!!

Tail flash will be correct when uploaded along with a few other corrections and modifications.

Another F-86 uploaded. This one from the 32nd Fighter Day Squadron, 36th FDG, Soesterberg, Netherlands, 1955.

52571675991_1f9bbeaf00_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

52572206048_7d6e3febf7_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

52571676001_b8d5c4dcc5_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great repaint again Steve. The Sabre 52-5317, which is subject of this repaint, was the last Sabre to leave Soesterberg AB on 8 August 1956. There are some pictures from this departure and the aircraft had already been stripped form its squadron colours.

The first F-100C 6 Super Sabres would arrive at 15 August 1956.

Cheers,
Huub

Great repaint again Steve. The Sabre 52-5317, which is subject of this repaint, was the last Sabre to leave Soesterberg AB on 8 August 1956. There are some pictures from this departure and the aircraft had already been stripped form its squadron colours.

The first F-100C 6 Super Sabres would arrive at 15 August 1956.

Cheers,
Huub

Thanks Huub. And thank you for sharing this tidbit of history. For some reason I’ve been unable to find very much detail about the 32nd’s (or the 36th FDG) Sabre years.

Steve

I've just uploaded V2 of 32nd FDS Wolfhounds 525317 that adds the Wolfhounds badge to the froward left fuselage. No other changes were made. V2 is a complete texture set so if you have version 1 already installed
just copy/paste "F86_1_T.dds" from version 2 into your already installed "texture.32nd_FDS" folder and allow to overwrite.

52581879631_45bdd17380_h.jpg
[/URL]Wolfhound Badge [/IMG]

Very nice Steve and here a picture from the original when it was stationed at Soesterberg AB in 1955

tRYcH9y.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

Thanks Huub. I used that one as one of my main references. I have a question for you or anyone who might know, what was the purpose of the tank pylon extensions?

Steve

Back