• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

[Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Gotit thanks.....this plane was worth the wait.......now if only I had the time to figure out the whole thing....someday

Beautiful aircraft this one, but, could sure do without the pink HUD. I was told it wasn't there all the time just depending on angle and light. Well it is pink all the time and just dimmer and brighter and I keep seeing it and growing to hate the damned thing. If true and accurate, wish you had left that part out. LOL

Anyone else feel the same? The HUD is great in all other respects.

Jim

Beautiful aircraft this one, but, could sure do without the pink HUD. I was told it wasn't there all the time just depending on angle and light. Well it is pink all the time and just dimmer and brighter and I keep seeing it and growing to hate the damned thing. If true and accurate, wish you had left that part out. LOL

Anyone else feel the same? The HUD is great in all other respects.

Jim

Thank you Jim for the comments,

Unfortunately the rose color HUD is how the real aircraft is, I'm sorry you don't like it.

Thank you Jim for the comments,

Unfortunately the rose color HUD is how the real aircraft is, I'm sorry you don't like it.

A few thoughts;

Fair points on both sides... an interesting perspective on opposing valid views on enjoying products in FSX.

Also, would appear that few people read the entire manual for any given FSX product. But we do refer to sections in the manual when current help is needed. So a manual is good.

As for "getting in the books" for our FSX rides, many have stacks of reading to do for real world responsibilities. Works projects, bills, etc. They are far ahead on the list of priorities with regards to FSX or when it comes time to sit down and read.
FSX is our small window to get away from it all. So I get that we are not into reading giant manuals.

Anyone about to ride a tactical jet, who is a non-professional pilot and fortunate to strap on flight gear (especially during the parachute on our back days), remembers that the process of getting out to the jet in that awkward wardrobe and climbing in the back without ending up in a heep on the ground, provides memories enough for a life time :)
How about smells of jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, and queasiness from pulling G in a 40 thousand pound roller coaster for the first time. Tough to model all that in FSX, but I really appreciate the efforts of developers who try giving all that to us whenever they can :)

The Mudhen is a great effort and is bringing us much closer to the real deal !

paul :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-RnZvlUVo

Thank you Paul,

Here is a cool video from the backseat.

I love Top Gear, use to watch it all the time. I'm heavy into fast cars, I got a turbo Lexus with 600 horsepower, that's the closest I can get to a fighter jet right now. :icon_lol:

OK call it rose then.

But it is still pink. Maybe salmon? Are things so bad in the service we have to make Eagle pilots look at the world through rose colored glasses? Shame on you DOD!! I suppose the other jets will be modified to get rose glass too? I do have a picture of an F-22 taxiing by and the HUD shows a pretty green.

My posts are meant to be humorous. Hope you see the humor. But wait till Helldiver gets hold of our rose colored HUD. Oh boy.

Jim

How about smells of jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, and queasiness from pulling G in a 40 thousand pound roller coaster for the first time. Tough to model all that in FSX, but I really appreciate the efforts of developers who try giving all that to us whenever they can :)

The Mudhen is a great effort and is bringing us much closer to the real deal !

Paul, I am with you 100%. I have had 22 yrs of jet fuel (mainly JP-4) and hydrastic fluid and all that goes with it. I do so enjoy the work being done for us in FSX. If we could capture the smell of a hot B-52 cockpit wouldn't that be something. But those who have had that experience don't need the reminder, it is permanent.

Jim

Thank you Paul,

Here is a cool video from the backseat.

I love Top Gear, use to watch it all the time. I'm heavy into fast cars, I got a turbo Lexus with 600 horsepower, that's the closest I can get to a fighter jet right now. :icon_lol:

Thanks for the video. Pretty cool.
600 HP Lexus ! Wow ! What does that feel like ?

...If we could capture the smell of a hot B-52 cockpit wouldn't that be something. But those who have had that experience don't need the reminder, it is permanent.

Jim

As our son would say "Smell-o-vision cooooooooooool" :cool:. Smell-o-Sim.... has some interesting & nasty ideas to go there doesn't it? ;-)

Paul, I am with you 100%. I have had 22 yrs of jet fuel (mainly JP-4) and hydrastic fluid and all that goes with it. I do so enjoy the work being done for us in FSX. If we could capture the smell of a hot B-52 cockpit wouldn't that be something. But those who have had that experience don't need the reminder, it is permanent.

Jim

so right Jim. I think some of the really strong memories involve experiences other than flying.
Hard to explain the power in a -220 motor... but didn't have to when a Viper blew over a 60 foot trailer on our ramp, just turning out of its parking space.
It is hard to convey to others the raw, brutal, ear shattering noise involved with these beasts.
It shakes the air and our souls to the core .
A friend, a retired -104 guy, launched out of small town in France one calm Sunday morning many years ago. Arriving at Cold Lake a couple days later, he was confronted by the boss, with a note from the big-boss "requesting" a hand written letter to the mayor of that little town apologizing for a very early and very loud wake up call :)
Just awesome stuff.
-paul

I have had 22 yrs of jet fuel (mainly JP-4) and hydrastic fluid and all that goes with it. I do so enjoy the work being done for us in FSX. If we could capture the smell of a hot B-52 cockpit wouldn't that be something. But those who have had that experience don't need the reminder, it is permanent.

Jim
I have a set of boots that I didn't bother shining because of that. We also used to get doused in de-icing fluid, which made for a lot of fun when trying to clean electronic components. I don't miss those times... but I did like the fact they didn't bother asking us to shine our boots except for parade. :D

Some of you may already know this, however it's always prudent to post good news, so, we're happy to announce that the IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver is now available on the FSPilotShop (fspilotshop.com) website here: http://x.co/i15fsp

We have been getting terrific reviews, our customers have been extremely happy with their purchases and we're currently sitting in the top 5 spots over our 3 distribution stores:

Here's the rundown for today:
The FlightSim Store [http://x.co/idsfss] #1 = IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver
SimMarket [http://x.co/idssmf] #5 = IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver
FSPilotshop.com [http://x.co/idsfsp & http://x.co/ifsfsp/]
#9 - IRIS F-14 Tomcat
#5 - IRIS F-22 Raptor
#4 - IRIS A-10 Warthog
#3 - IRIS C-27J Spartan
(soon we're hoping the IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver will be on the list too)

We are extremely honoured to have terrific customers and look forward to bringing you more information over the coming weeks in regards to add-ons for the IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver.

Tim has announced on the FSX F15 Development page the development on our first addition to the product, KC-135 Mudhen Refueler which he is currently working on.

We're also adding an IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver repository as well, our 1st announced item: Inert Weapon Textures.

Most importantly though, we've released the Paint Kit! We have such a huge fan base that enjoy repainting and we know this will be good news for them! Download the Paint Kit direct from IRIS here.

We're constantly updating our Facebook pages, both the IRIS direct & Tim's Development page, so please come by & check us out.

We've answered all the support emails that have been sent to us from the last couple of days, if you haven't received a reply through email, please resend.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the terrific support we've had from our customers!

~IRIS Admin team~

PLEEAASE retexture all the weapons and fuel tanks to be more detailed and accurate. Having been an ordnanceman for 12 years in the NAVY and seeing alot of weapons....I've never seen them look almost camoflauged in color. Also, is it possible to have multiple colored fuel tanks? Many time F-15E's can be found flying with light gray tanks from F-15C's. Also...ecm pod should be gray in color not white.

View attachment 57014 View attachment 57015

Hi Skyhawka4m,

The camouflage look is actually the the Bomb casings which are faded or rusted in some areas( or just beat up), The Air Force weapons are different then the Navy ones, which my person choice I like the Navy ones better, don't they have a rubberized coating on them? Not sure but they have a great texture to them, which the Air Force ones don't, they are just regular cast iron casings painted Drab faded out from baking in the sun.

We are offering Weapon mod textures, and have the "Inert" version in our repository right now. Yes the some F-15E does use lighter tanks for the Cs, which is why in the Inert texture we put in the light tanks.I do thank you for your input and will redo the casings to be less faded and more of a solid color, and darken the ECM pod.

-Tim

Nice job guys,it looks very accurate and detailed.
Because of the fact that I normally use military aircrafts in multiplayer,just a couple of questions:

- Does you mudhen includes a multiplayer low-poly model?

- Is the action of ordnance visible in multiplayer sessions from other players? (i.e. dropping of bombs,explosions,ecc)

Thanks

/ Ale

I think the second feature is available in the milviz version Alessandro.

Isn't this the IRIS support thread? I think it is....I sure wish we could just keep the IRIS issues here and the MILVIZ in its own threads. Anyway....isn't this FSX....and not DCS? I don't know....I'm just getting tired of the whole will if bomb or kill in FSX?

Nice job guys,it looks very accurate and detailed.
Because of the fact that I normally use military aircrafts in multiplayer,just a couple of questions:

- Does you mudhen includes a multiplayer low-poly model?

- Is the action of ordnance visible in multiplayer sessions from other players? (i.e. dropping of bombs,explosions,ecc)

Thanks

/ Ale

Thank you Ale,

Yes we took pride in modeling the aircraft from diagrams/drawings even down to the cockpit. The best part is the aircraft, it looks good from every direction and is very close to the real thing. The Model is granted very detailed but very optimized for the size, with LOD and other things I can not mention here. The exterior get pretty good FPS, and the VC is just a little less, of course that has to do with all of the 400 plus switches, knobs, and buttons, 7 independent MPDs, warning/light system and all of the rest of the wonderful things which really does put you in the immersion of operating a F-15E.

In the VC we wanted to recreate the cockpit to how the actual Aircraft is including the systems and over all structure is. Even if you look on the side of the ACES II seat you will see what it actually looks like in the real thing, we did not want to cut any corners. We also wanted to make sure this plane could do shared cockpit, which is a blast when you fly with a friend. All of the MPDs and UFC function separately to allow the WSO to take some of the work load. We added weapons, with the ability to add in free flight and we tried to make the AG systems work properly in MP but notice it causes tremendous lag when you have them as AI because in reality they tend remain in MP. Which is why we opted for the Tac Pac integration we feel VRS can do a far more realistic job and everyone can participate in a war theater. That is why we have them set as a "Sim Objects" for the AG and the AA are set as AI and those will be seen in MP.

The Radar systems are not fully implemented and will be shortly with an update because we want to work out any bugs so there is no hassle or headaches. One of the great things about this plane is the from the minute you install it, and fly it, there is virtually no bugs, it just works. We took pride in making this product and care to make sure the installation is clean and correct, all of our files are organized and in the proper place.

I am proud of this aircraft and I am happy to bring it into FSX, and I hope anyone who flies here will feel the same.

-Tim

Tim I'm glad you are here to answer these questions. It seems when eveer possible someone has to try to make brand X seem like it has something more. ts actually getting tiring and frankly...being someone who was goign to spread the wealth and also purchase brand X I think now I am going to pass on it. to be honest....I'm not looking to kill things in FSX so the weapons options don't mean much to me. the IRIS flight model is awesome, the weapons choces are very good and frankly...I think the back seater and how he is placed in the cokcpit is cool as hell. Can't tell you how many images I've seen where the back seater is sitting with his arm resting this way. A great eye for detail......Hoping we'll see more skins from MO. Also, is there any chance IRIS may model the F-15K variant with the different engines which are being flown at Mountain Home?

Back