• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

[Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Tim I'm glad you are here to answer these questions. It seems when eveer possible someone has to try to make brand X seem like it has something more. ts actually getting tiring and frankly...being someone who was goign to spread the wealth and also purchase brand X I think now I am going to pass on it. to be honest....I'm not looking to kill things in FSX so the weapons options don't mean much to me. the IRIS flight model is awesome, the weapons choces are very good and frankly...I think the back seater and how he is placed in the cokcpit is cool as hell. Can't tell you how many images I've seen where the back seater is sitting with his arm resting this way. A great eye for detail......Hoping we'll see more skins from MO. Also, is there any chance IRIS may model the F-15K variant with the different engines which are being flown at Mountain Home?

Thank you Skyhawka4m,

Yes we plan to do a "K" version and looking into a "SE" but we want to make sure they are close to accurate with engine, and other differences. When we did the shared cockpit test, we had a lot of fun just being there with a friend. I kind of like the backseat and letting them fly once in a while. Sometimes I would play a trick with the pilot and right on final I would blow off the canopy and try to scare them.

We have a repository set up on the IRIS site and hopefully it can grow.
Again, I appreciate the kind words, they do mean a lot.
-Tim

Hi Skyhawka4m,

The camouflage look is actually the the Bomb casings which are faded or rusted in some areas( or just beat up), The Air Force weapons are different then the Navy ones, which my person choice I like the Navy ones better, don't they have a rubberized coating on them? Not sure but they have a great texture to them, which the Air Force ones don't, they are just regular cast iron casings painted Drab faded out from baking in the sun.

We are offering Weapon mod textures, and have the "Inert" version in our repository right now. Yes the some F-15E does use lighter tanks for the Cs, which is why in the Inert texture we put in the light tanks.I do thank you for your input and will redo the casings to be less faded and more of a solid color, and darken the ECM pod.

-Tim

Are these textures available for download and if so do you have a link to where they are?

Are these textures available for download and if so do you have a link to where they are?

Skyhawka4m,

So far it's just the Ace Combat6 IM@S plane, which the guy who did that paint actually painted by hand with his tablet, nothing was copied or paste, it was all originally re-drawn by him, even the fonts are original. I really think he did a great job.

There is the "Inert" weapons texture, that would basically be added to the Airshow or demonstration birds. If you add it to the actual aircrafts paint folder, you don't have to worry about over writing and can delete them anytime. You will see more detailed instructions in the file and forum explaining it further.

Ok, well I have to go now, but it was great talking to you.
-Tim

oops, forgot the link.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/175-iris-platinum-series-f-15e-mudhen-driver/

WOW..How about this for an endorsement!

http://www.facebook.com/F15E.info

and I quote "We strongly recommend this page, as the F-15E model they were developing is absolutely top notch. Look for the minutest details, everything is in place! Awesome!"
You CAN NOT deny the fact that those guys know what they are talking about when it comes to the F-15E.

Tim...could you pass along that there is a looping of the canopy opening sound........the only issue I've found with this awesome plane!

Tim...could you pass along that there is a looping of the canopy opening sound........the only issue I've found with this awesome plane!

Hi Skyhawka4m,

Thank you for the kind words, I am really happy you like the aircraft.
Yes that is a know issue, it's the way the canopy system is coded, that if you open it with the SHIFT+E it will cause the looping. If you open it with Canopy Control Lever in the VC it should function properly. I think David will change that for the future update.

-Tim

roger that...going to give that a shot.

I'm hoping at some pint soon to get some artwork togeher to do a couple paint schemes.

roger that...going to give that a shot.

I'm hoping at some pint soon to get some artwork togeher to do a couple paint schemes.

That would be really cool.
I tried to make the paint kit simple as possible. I didn't want a bunch of layers and groups that could confuse even the most experienced artist. Something straight forward and simple.

I can't wait to see them.

-Tim

question

Hello
I had one question.
Only I wonder what it could be that when I turn on the game, and choose only free flight cockpit plane is amazing, but generally unplayable large gouges. The rest of the aircraft is doing. My PC configuration: AMD FX 6100 6xcore, Graphic card GeForce GTX 570 1.25 gigabytes, 8 GB ram. Overall, I run FSX ACC is stable. System 7th win
Thank you for your answer.:jump:

Hello
I had one question.
Only I wonder what it could be that when I turn on the game, and choose only free flight cockpit plane is amazing, but generally unplayable large gouges. The rest of the aircraft is doing. My PC configuration: AMD FX 6100 6xcore, Graphic card GeForce GTX 570 1.25 gigabytes, 8 GB ram. Overall, I run FSX ACC is stable. System 7th win
Thank you for your answer.:jump:

Hello Tomas,

From what I could make out from your post is the unplayable large gauges when you start in free flight? Are you talking about the 3 MPDs (Multi Purpose Displays) not displaying? If you are, it's because you have to turn them on. There is a switch on the upper right of each Display that controls the on or off. Also on the lower left you can change the brightness once you have them on, which was a really cool feature we added. those buttons to control the power and brightness are controlled by the left/right clicks.

I hope I am correct on the problem, if not please let me know and we will do our best to figure it out.
-Tim

I have no problem with the MFD. On and off is functional. The problem is that the aircraft is unplayable from the cockpit of power by large gouges, even when the MFD off. Sorry my english is very weak I am from Czech Republic.

Ok, so you're running:
AMD FX 6100 6xcore
8 GB ram
GeForce GTX 570,

what are your FPS?

I am running an older PC:
Q6600 Intel Quad 2core
8 GB Ram
GeForce 8800GT

I am getting 14-18FPS average even in Orbx scenery. Even can go 20+ in default FSX scenery.

When I run the game on max 8-9
The details of minimum 10-12
clean only real game environment.
when completely clean with nothing or just after I change resolution does not help

Thank you for your help
Maybe I will probably find where the problem ...
It is described as an alternative texture so it will try try again thank you for your time.

:applause:

Tomas,

If you are still having problems, please come to our Forum and let us see what we can do to make it better.
Something else you might want to try is to look in your FSX.cfg.
The aircraft is very complex, with all of the switches, knobs, buttons, and 7 independent MPDs, it will run poorly on slower systems. I'm positive you should get better FPS then you are now since you have higher system specs then me.
I believe it could be a config issue in FSX.

-Tim

Hello Barnes,

I am happy you like the F-15E, you can adjust the size of the loadout mgr by grabbing the the corner just like a window, or even move it around on your desktop. If you have a dual monitor setup, you can even right click, "Undock" the gauge and drag it to the other monitor. But there is certain criteria that needs to be met, such as engines off and parking brake set. also on page 165 of the manual is the loadout mgr section that tells about a cheat switch to allow you to use it even if the engines are running.

The aircraft is set up to load running or off depending on the last aircraft or your sim's preference, so there is no need for a quick start switch. you can also switch planes in mid flight and it will be running, just need to turn on the MPDs and re load your ordinance.

I hope you have many hours of enjoyment, and we added some very cool stuff in there that I hope you will like.

I can't find this cheat switch in the cickpit. The manual says .The Armament Safety Override switch is located next to the cockpit wall on the left console beside the pilot seat and defaults to the off position.

I don't see any such name on a switch.

Hi XLR8,

It's the lonely little switch way over the furtherest switch away from you on the left console towards the back, next to the side wall.
It's a not marked.

-Tim

Back