• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

On the slipway...Majestic class???

lazarus

Charter Member
I Hope! Heading west for a couple of weeks in a few days, so loaded the lap top with the latest revisions of various tools, photo files, drawings, and the first couple of sketches. Still figuring out the best way to model the hull. The bows could be a real poly-hog depending how one tackles it. Crosses fingers! And I'll have to do a Mackenzie or a Rustyguts. Pick the easy projects, eh?
View attachment 88781

You've been at the Bonnie for what 5 minutes and you've caught up with my Melbourne :icon_eek:
Bout time the Razbam Banshee had a proper home though :applause:

Craig

Looks great, Laz!!!

So what refit period are you modelling - '57 or '68?

Looking forward to this!!!

Best,

DL

Thanks for the link fallenphoenix1986 :cool: .. 13 minutes into the film .. landing the Tracker on the deck seemed so docile, I'll post this at www.nzff.org , i no people will be very interested as well .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

No problem. Theres another couple on there, should be in the related video links, one for Maggie and another for Warrior.
I'd been looking for footage of the Banshees coming aboard for years before I found that nugget, and your right the S"'s really do just seem to bump onto the deck rather than slamming aboard. Should be plenty of footage of Aussie and Dutch birds coming aboard the Melbourne and Karel Doorman as well.

Craig :cool:

View attachment 89778

Nice videos, those. I recall some CBC footage of a Tracker landing aboard Bonnie that used to run with the National Anthem at sign off time. The story went that the CBC cameraman filmed the landing-big arsed 135mm wet film camera in those days-then wanted to film a cat shot. Everybody in earshot said 'the acceleration will smash the camera into your skull. Do not do that.' He did anyway, and came away with a broken nose and a pair 'o shiners. They never ran that bit of footage!
Test export now that the hull and flightdeck is shaped in. Now things pick up speed. I guess(to start with) that we should end up with a 'generic' Majestic class rather than any given ship, as they were all different in details. More as it comes, but she's crocking along now!

Was lucky to have served aboard teh HMAS Melbourne just before she was scrapped, and even luckier to have bought a camera so have a few photos. She was a bit ragged and worn, could only land trackers and choppers, the Skyhawks only did touch and goes occasionally.We once went to action stations, took a while for us to get there, did a second run not an hour after, but gave up since we could not seal the ship due to hatches being rusted and jammed open, but still despite her age she was a delight to serve on, best time I had in the navy next to teh DDG's.

Cheers, me to! 80ft wide, I believe that if you executed a perfect 3wire, you had a whole 5 feet to spare between the starboard ESM can and the island.
I just hope it does not disappoint, but it is starting to look like a Majestic!
Cutting holes the hull, refining the sponson shapes

View attachment 89797
View attachment 89798

The first will be a generic angledeck Majestic-between Bonnie and Melly. I cannot see a reason not to do both. But. Rivet counters be warned. I'm a eyeball type modeler, heavily informed by lots of kitbashing and scratchbuilding, so I'm of the 'looks good from six feet' school. The dimensions are accurate to the half inch, though, and scale and porportions look good, and its still well under a meg, so far so good. Launch and builders trials soon, I'll wager.

View attachment 89836
View attachment 89837
View attachment 89838

Hi Lazarus,

Are you going to make an axial (Straight) deck version, so that these can be painted as Colossus class Light Fleet Carriers? Or will it just be angled deck ships?

Cheers,
Craig.

The first will be a generic angledeck Majestic-between Bonnie and Melly. I cannot see a reason not to do both. But. Rivet counters be warned. I'm a eyeball type modeler, heavily informed by lots of kitbashing and scratchbuilding, so I'm of the 'looks good from six feet' school. The dimensions are accurate to the half inch, though, and scale and porportions look good, and its still well under a meg, so far so good. Launch and builders trials soon, I'll wager.

lazarus said:
The model is all in modules so any variant can be done easily. I am doing a straight deck though

Hello Laz,

I'm a bit confused, as an earlier post said "generic angle deck". Is there indeed an angled deck somewhere in the mix? Hoping so - but will happily take whatever comes down your slipway there in Chilliwack ... is the plan to float it down the Fraser? LOL :)

DL

Back