• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

On the slipway...Majestic class???

A straight deck Majestic looks pretty much identical to the proceeding Colossus. Its a few feet higher in the hanger, and a foot or overall and heavier. The main difference was the Colossus was built to merchantile standards, the Majestic was built to Admiralty standards: HT steel, warship grade water tight compartmentalization, torpedo protection scheme, Armoured instead of protected magazines, staggered boiler and machinery spaces. The converted angledecks, except for basic hull all different from the hanger deck up!
So, I'll start with a angle deck that is mostly an amalgam of RAN and RCN layouts and features, and end up with a generic angle deck light fleet, followed by the straight deck.
View attachment 89961
View attachment 89962
View attachment 89963
View attachment 89964

It is already starting to look very good! Thank you for taking on this model, it is much appreciated.

I really enjoy flying from the smaller angled carriers and I'm sure taking the shooter aboard will kind of be the ultimate test of you carrier landing skills.

It is already starting to look very good! Thank you for taking on this model, it is much appreciated.

I really enjoy flying from the smaller angled carriers and I'm sure taking the shooter aboard will kind of be the ultimate test of you carrier landing skills.

Totally agree sir. :salute: That would be fun and great challenge to land on these light carriers. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Outstanding, wasnt expecting to see her in game so soon :jump:
On a somewhat related note I really should pick up that Sea King at some point.

Craig

Angledeck Majestic class beta V.0

View attachment 90168

View attachment 90169
View attachment 90170
View attachment 90171
View attachment 90172
View attachment 90173
View attachment 90174

Thanks everyone. So she's past her builders trials with a cornbroom flying from the yards. Still has to go alongside for fitting out, and I have to see about resizing the flightdeck textures to reduce some of the jaggies. Still to ship guns, a meatball, tilly, but the cat and cables work, she has night lighting, and its not totally pukeworthy!
2.82 mb model, runs very nicely, no attached effects except default smoke. Majestic, Mebourne and Bonaventure(ish). Remember, its a generic light fleet, and a wip. Still, I'm pleasantly surprised that it looks not to bad at all. :salute:

New flight deck textures

View attachment 90199

Nice, and thanks! So far I carqualed the Banjo, Stoof and SeaVenom.
Resized flight deck textures to 2048 and re drew. Should be sharper now, though I have not tried these in sim, so back up your crappy textures in case of trouble.

Thanks Lazarus excellent work as usual.

I've been experimenting with the standard FLOLS, if we put the datum just below deck height the deck lights are obscured by the deck and it all works fine, except when viewed from a distance, where the deck lights shine through the deck!
Theoretically it must be possible to disable the deck lights somehow, e.g. delete or rename the critical file. We could then put the FLOLS anywhere.
Any ideas?

Happy its going well. Essex; the deck lights are in the flightdeck_LM texture. Edit with DXTBMP, or just rename a black swatch. I am hoping for a few hours this afternoon to see to the Mirror landing sight, or IFOLS.

Gave it a whirl with the S2 on the Bonnie last night, almost couldnt see her when she spawned in at 10 miles.
Think I'll save the Banshees and Skyhawks for the finished article, realy looking forward to it :jump:

Craig

Meatball mystery

I've been peering at models, reading through SDK, and nitz! How would I put a landing sight on this thing!
I am also finding that the 5.5 deg angle, or whatever it is, is very easy to land on. Qualled the Bucc, Demon, Skyray, bit tight for the Phantom, but it goes aboard! Skyhawk, once I turned down the zillion deg/sec roll rate! Banshee goes on like a dream, as does the SeaVenom. Picking away at the models, though this week I've been doing more flying than modeling.

Lazarus, for day use these placings will do for now
attachpt_runway_start {4.000,-100.210,13.340}
attachpt_runway_edge {6.740,-100.170,13.340}
attachpt_runway_end {4.000,78.800,13.340}

For night use I've used the same placings in the flols trailer mdl (the cat is required), so I now have 3 model folders in total.
The night version has to be used with aicarriers.

[formation.x]
title=HMS.Majestic night
unit.0=HMS_MAJESTIC_night, 0, 69
unit.1=MAJESTIC_FLOLS, 0, 69

I guess it may was possible to tamper with the LODs or deck material etc, to prevent the lights shinning through, but I just don't understand it.

With Coral sea the problem will be the fixed distance between the flols and the angled deck. Thanks for another addition.

Alternative 24hr config based on the Ark Royal setup

attachpt_runway_start {10.850,-92.577,14.140}
attachpt_runway_edge {12.574,-92.340,14.140}
attachpt_runway_end {-5.113,47.527,14.140}

Matching deck lights could be manually placed down the left edge of the angled flight deck.

Back