• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

On the slipway...Majestic class???

Thanks for the Majestic ships! They are great fun :)

I have been experimenting with some new 4096x2048 deck textures and they greatly improves the edges as seen on the lower res textures. I have not seen any problems with lower fps.

BTW, where can I find the RCN Tracker repaint as seen in several screenshots?

Thanks for the Majestic ships! They are great fun :)

I have been experimenting with some new 4096x2048 deck textures and they greatly improves the edges as seen on the lower res textures. I have not seen any problems with lower fps.

BTW, where can I find the RCN Tracker repaint as seen in several screenshots?

That would be a lot sharper, my RCN Tracker is the Abacus version, but I hope somebody would done more repaints for the Milton Shupe's version.

All new super hi res deck textures for the HMCS Bonaventure. Still very much wip, but it should be pretty accurate for Bonnie. Any suggestions?

Scrshot714.jpg~original

Scrshot718.jpg~original

Scrshot716.jpg~original

Very nice , Jens!Thats is really amazing work. I am the first to say, I suck at texturing! Essex, thanks for the work on lights and meatball-though I'm still scratching my head at that. Would you post the modified model file? Sindhu, loved the video, it was a pleasant suprise when one on my mates mentioned seeing the ship on youtube. Glad its all working well,and I'm tickled at the positive reception from y'all here, given the crude state of the model.
Trying to ballance work and home and FS (and loosing!), but the model proceedes. I've been at work on reshaping the hull- the stern has alot more taperand curve in towards the keel, so I've that in, and started in on the Islands for the straight deck, Melly and Bonnie. I also think I need to raise the boat deck a few more feet. None of the positions and textures will be affected, so all the new textures and co-ordinates remain the same.
I am aiming to try to keep the vertice count at a minimum, and keep the drawcalls down and I'd like to keep the model under 4mb. As my system is bottom end, frame rates are very critical for m'self- much as I like the SBD Enterprise and FS Victorious, they turn my rig into a slide projector. (Nimitz does not! Riddle me that!) Also started into some deck apes, mules, tilly, and at least a Seathing and a S-58/Wessex for some tophamper.
I think I will assemble those a separate model ( co-incident zero point) selectable with AICarriers. With any luck, should have a revised model along in a few weeks. Oh! The RCN texture is in the libray here, I think. I'll have to look and see.

Haze Gray and Under Weigh!

Thanks! My paint skills are also basic, but I think it turned out pretty nice. It certainly was a lot of research to get the deck paint and decals right. Not that many hi res textures out there of Bonnie as she was sadly scrapped fairly early in "her" life. Let me know if you would like to test out the new texture.

Hopefully the paintkit for the S2F-3 will become available as well and I'll see if I can make a Canadian Tracker to go with the ship (even if the S2F-3 model is not 100% accurate for the Canadian CS2F which had the short fuselage).

Wow - Laz and Jens - what a fantastic improvement. Of course, you had to catch me on vacation, unable to try this lovely model??? :icon_lol:

The combination of a great model and a super paint upgrade means this will be a most delightful release.

Bravo to all involved!!

DL

The latest improvement is that I have painted on the arresting cables and cable drum/hold up gear. Doesn't look to bad until/if it is hard modelled into the ship. A CS2F in early painting as well...

FLOLS

I'm not sure that either of these solutions are acceptable.
On one hand using two mdl files seems silly, but if we are using aicarriers anyway (for the Seaking etc) it's no problem. I'm fairly sure the lights could be raised up a bit at least and possibly rotated a few degrees.

[formation.x]
title=HMS.Majestic night
unit.0=HMS_MAJESTIC_night, 0, 69
unit.1=MAJESTIC_FLOLS, 0, 69

The other solution is fine for day use although it's a shame the deck layouts vary between ships, I've lined the lights up on Majestic, so they are not as well placed for the other two. Night use is a bit unusual.

model.noFlols is the original model folder renamed.

Hopefully both work.

View attachment 91079

S2F repaint page

Thanks Essex. Everyone; I'm approaching this as open source, so feel free to post mods, grind and hammer on the model, whatever- the only nono is paywareing it. A remote possibility, I grant you, and I couldn't do much about it anyway, so I'm not even worried about it. The source files for sketchup to date posted to 3dwarehouse, updated models uploaded as they come.

Actually, I was thinking that the FLOLS as a separate model was a great interim solution! Nothing wrong with that at all. AICarriers has become a great way to pull off all kinds of unanticipated stuff. We need something similar for weapons....

S2F repaints, big stash here.
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=13082725

or search 'S2F' The repaint page comes up. Took me a bit to find where all those went to!

Jens, the deck looks great, can't wait. When its done, shoot me a copy, and I'll use that in the model template and model in the wires and housings on those drawm positions. The wire points are probably pretty close, I dropped the points using the deck map from Melbourne as a guide.

Quite a few repaints for the FS9 version of the Stoof, sadly most of them are for the short S2F-1 (FS9 only). The repaints for the S2F-3 will work on the FSX model.

I've been watching this thread with interest for some time. Lazarus would you have any objections if, when the project is completed, I (with a lot of help!!) tried to convert this for FS9 use? I've been working on shifting over Collin's lovely HMS Ocean (not forgotten Collin, real life keeps getting in the way - hope to have it sorted soon) and the Majestic-class would be the perfect accompaniment.

Andy, I'd be honored to see the ship in the elder sim. Have at it, and if it helps to have the model in another format -other than FS9-I do not have the SDK for 9; just shout.
Thanks for the FLOLS, Essex, it works a treat, and I see what to do now to add it to the model. Bit by bit, and the interest and support from the community is of tremendous help with the nuts and bolts and morale! Thanks everyone.
S2F repaints... I think I did some sawing and sanding on the repaints to make the -1 and FS9 skins work on the G model.

Update: FLOLS works, fine tuning positions and looking for some stills of the unit to add it to the model. changes to the 'generic' island, lots of grinding on the stern to get the shape right- closer, anyways. roughed in tilly, and put together 2 tophamper models- one with a static Seaking folded up, the other with some deckapes and a mule. All of it resides in the ships folder, and is selectable from AICarriers. I've a few adjustments to make, and I am hopeful of a update this weekend for everyone.
A big celebration (mixed emotions, no doubt!) in Shearwater this week. 50 years ago this month, the CHSS-2 Seaking entered service.
30 years ago(40 if you count 10 years of studies from 1973) the CF got 'serious' about replacing the Seaking.
and, in 2005 the contract was let for S-92's (which even the most addled engineer could have told you was a bad idea! Over weight, short on puff and torque, out of growth before it got off the drafting board!) 13 years latter... no replacement in sight.
A triumph of politicized and broken procurement.

View attachment 91309
View attachment 91310
View attachment 91311

Lazarus,

looking forward to the light system! Did you Get the deck texture for bonnie I sent you?
I also has a new hi res vs880 tracker repaint slowly coming along for flying from Bonaventure. 2048 textures, more details etc.

Back