• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RAF Brüggen: Converting to FSX

Manschy

SOH-CM-2023
Hi,

today I started with the converting of RAF Brüggen for FSX.

Seems to be a lot of work, because many objects actually were built for P3Dv4.5.
But on the other hand, several objects already appear well against expectation. Seasonal textures and custom groundpolygons not ready yet...

Many SODE comments already working well....

Thanks for all your efforts Manfred. It already looks to bring back memories.

Paul Day
Ex Jaguar rigger 1980-1983

This is way more than great news! In a time when many developers have abandoned FSX, you are carrying through with this monumental task. As I said before, RAF Gutersloh in the FS9 version was the crowning achievement in scenery and realistic immersion in that sim. My thanks go out to you on behalf of many simmers.

Thank You

Beautiful Work!!! I can't wait for you to be finished as a continuing FSXer. I have a number of Robert's RAF Jets and looking forward to trying them out here. Those like Paul who WERE actually here, did the USAF fly anything in and out of here, post-WWII?

Hi,

thank you. Yes, some visitors form the USAF had been there - mostly from german US airbases, but rarely some aircraft from the United States as well like a F-117A for example.

Okay, currently I make some good advances. Buildings appear like they should and I get my first groundpolys into FSX. There is still a lot of work to do because a lot of groundpolys are still missing and night lighting also. Several effects have to be attached etc etc. But some parts already are close to the P3Dv4 version....

Usaf ok

Hi,

thank you. Yes, some visitors form the USAF had been there - mostly from german US airbases, but rarely some aircraft from the United States as well like a F-117A for example.
Sounds Good. Probably I would assume C-130s from Ramstein.

The main visitors I remember were European air forces, my favourite were the Greek A-7's. I went to Eindhoven to do a Ground handling course which included F-16's F-5's Mirages and F-104's which was interesting. December was interesting. I can remember Nimrods, Hawks, Tucanos and Phantoms turning up , making a bee line to the NAFFI and Rheindahlen and cramming every available space with alcohol and ciggies and then shooting off home.Good memories.

Paul Day.

Sounds Good. Probably I would assume C-130s from Ramstein.

Yap, Ramstein or Spangdahlem will be good bases to start from. There are lots of great aircraft (C-130 as you mentioned), F-16, Galaxy, Starlifter and Warthogs etc. but also Sentry's from Geilenkirchen for doing lots of touch&go's.

The main visitors I remember were European air forces, my favourite were the Greek A-7's. I went to Eindhoven to do a Ground handling course which included F-16's F-5's Mirages and F-104's which was interesting. December was interesting. I can remember Nimrods, Hawks, Tucanos and Phantoms turning up , making a bee line to the NAFFI and Rheindahlen and cramming every available space with alcohol and ciggies and then shooting off home.Good memories.

Paul Day.

Vulcans were the past masters at doing that -- although I believe they stuck more to Wildenrath. "That's what the bomb bay is for...".

Dave

Yap, Ramstein or Spangdahlem will be good bases to start from. There are lots of great aircraft (C-130 as you mentioned), F-16, Galaxy, Starlifter and Warthogs etc. but also Sentry's from Geilenkirchen for doing lots of touch&go's.

Manschy, your Bruggen scenery in P3Dv4 has opened a whole new world for me. Having a blast learning the region and just did some mods to Henk's RAF Willdenrath (FSX scenery here in the library) and have AI flights doing circuits around both fields. What's cool about the period is the cross nation visitors from around NATO, USAF Europe, RAF and aircraft from eg Belgium, Holland and Canada making visits. As a plus, in Active Sky the weather over this part of Germany is truly awful much of the time right now!

krwGScN.jpg

Vulcans were the past masters at doing that -- although I believe they stuck more to Wildenrath. "That's what the bomb bay is for...".

Dave

Buccaneers were even better at that, besides the bomb bay, there was also the rear hatch, and hyd bay to stash er, stuff

Ttfn

Pete

Ex Bucc rigger 1981-83
Q-ABC-A

Expat,

thank you so much for sharing this shot. Really few people until now show the scenery with its effects and special additionals.
I like the amound of visitors in your version - that's a real heavy AI traffic. Beautiful!

Manschy, your Bruggen scenery in P3Dv4 has opened a whole new world for me. Having a blast learning the region and just did some mods to Henk's RAF Willdenrath (FSX scenery here in the library) and have AI flights doing circuits around both fields. What's cool about the period is the cross nation visitors from around NATO, USAF Europe, RAF and aircraft from eg Belgium, Holland and Canada making visits. As a plus, in Active Sky the weather over this part of Germany is truly awful much of the time right now!

krwGScN.jpg

It's getting better and better.

Most grounds are back...

Most details are back...

Atmosphere is coming back...

Nightlighting is still a problem, also seasonal periods. And funnily - when I add some buildings, others disappear. These issues I have to solve as well...
Done a big step this week, but the more details to work at, the more effort to do I assume...

My wife's sister's husband was stationed here in the 10970's. He was a propulsion engineer on the Jaguars. We visited them a few times, and I seem to remember that missiles could be seen from the public road that ran through the village. Primed and ready to go I believe.

Den.

Back