• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RAF Brüggen: Converting to FSX

Hi everybody,

I have to apologize to let you wait for over 2 years again.
It is still a work in progress because I still have not enough time and the appropriate skills to create the needed seasonal ground textures for the scenery so far.

So today, I did decide to release a restricted version of RAF Brüggen to retrieve this circumstance.
It is a fully working scenery with all working animations and vegetation seasons except for winter and hard winter ground polygon appearance.

I hope you will enjoy it and would be delighted to hear your feedback at this site, no matter if you are satisfied or reporting issues.

You can download the scenery here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/134063-Etur_raf_bruggen_fsx_restricted

Just downloading to have a look at - strange, because before uploading, I made a test and it worked fine...Let me see...

Unzipping works without problems here.

Just to ask, what Zip-Tool do you use? The package was zipped by 7Zip and renamed to a ZIP file which is unpacking well normally.
So just a thought, rename the downloaded zip back into .7z and try to unpack it again.

Currently 18 hits for this package. It would be good to know how it is working for the other users...

Hi Manschy, I would love to show screens of your scenery but this new computer gives me problems with FSX. Most detailed scenery I try to fly ctds including yours. I now have WIN11 and it took me a while to get used to it. My old WIN7 machine ran FSX with no problems. It could also be Chaseplane, I don't know. I'll keep trying!

Thanks for feedback, Greenhouse. Take your time, but I am surely interested in information how the scenery performs and looks like on users rigs :wavey:

Last edited:
Hi Manfred, I haven't had a chance to install the scenery yet. I got a new PC (new me that is) and am reloading all of my flight sims. If everything goes well, I hope to be done this weekend.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello all,

I've been using this scenery pack for a while now and I love it. The traffic around the hides is superb, and the main base itself is nothing short of payware quality.

It does produce a palpable impact to FPS on my system; I get about 22fps against a pegged 30fps. Mine is a very modest spec box nearly a decade old, and so I accept that limitation as my own cause, and not the product. But if I use an aircraft known to induce very marginal fps impact (eg, the Razbam Gr7/9 Harriers), the scenery is perfectly useable in the low 20s. I find the JF Tornado Gr1 (demo) - which normally yields no more than 20fps anywhere, gives me 16-18fps when on this scenery. That's not ideal, and why I'm trying to get the SSW Tornado to work, as I hear it performs better framerate-wise. If it's anything like the Razbam Harrier, then even on my old pc, this scenery should be perfectly useable to give the Tornado Gr1 experience perfectly, immersed both in terrific scenery and the right level of AI activity.

A huge thanks - and kudos - to Manny!

dl

Thank you, Daniel. but do you talk about the FSX version? Or the P3D version released for quite some time?

Thank you, Daniel.

Yes, most of the FSX models/objects should also work in P3D but there are several things which don't. Unfortunately the great dynamic lighting or the seasonal ground polygons I still have to work on.

So no reported issues so far, I think you are satisfied.

With that said, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :very_drunk::wavey:

Back