• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RAF Brüggen - first impressions

Manschy

SOH-CM-2023
Hi all,

while needing a short break at RAF Gutersloh (adding details like traffic signs, fences or taxi spots burns my brain at current weather) I did my first steps to cover the air base with self made ground polys like at RAF Gutersloh. It's a very early stadium (looks good on screenshots but a lot of details have to be added :jump: ). But it's much easier to add big areas instead of miscellaneous odds and ends. Too hot for it.....

Fantastic design and work. Look forward to hopefully adding this when released, should it be made available to the public..... :jump:

First work on the nuclear weapon areas done. A little tricky to fit the ground poly there with the forrest and areas dry ground...

Centre buildings are taking shape....

But most time consuming work is creating the hard surface polys like concrete and asphalt to make them look real.

This Brüggen will represent the mid 80s era - so stationed will be there Tornados for the most part. But if you like, you can place your own squadrons for sure. John Young did some fantastic Buccaneers (MAIW).
Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately. For the 70s, I would recommend also some of John Youngs Wattisham Phantoms using some RAF Brüggen repaints.

For all existing HAS there will be parkings - furthermore up to 20 specs on the main apron for visiting squadrons and three gates for military cargo or civilian visitors at the terminal. There will be five parkings as well inside the QRA continiously for the armed jets....

This Brüggen will represent the mid 80s era - so stationed will be there Tornados for the most part. But if you like, you can place your own squadrons for sure. John Young did some fantastic Buccaneers (MAIW).
Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately. For the 70s, I would recommend also some of John Youngs Wattisham Phantoms using some RAF Brüggen repaints.

For all four squadrons (9, 14, 17 and 31) in front of the existing HAS there will be parkings - furthermore up to 20 specs on the main apron for visiting squadrons and three gates for military cargo or civilian visitors at the terminal. There will be five parkings as well inside the QRA continiously for the armed jets....

Sorry for multiple last post....

Today some first details of SHQ, main entrance and tower areas...

Wow! Your attention to detail is simply stunning. It makes me want to find a way to walk around the field virtually to take in the details.

Did some first experiments with SODE triggered gates in the QRA area. This site I also test the first GSE placement...

Back