• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RAF Brüggen - first impressions

Thank you, Dimus. Decided to delay working on the bumps until I finished my night texturing....

Even progress is slowly, it goes on. So this week I started with the first night texturing, the road lighting, because this was a little tricky to get the light beams flat on the ground without any flickering and retaining the ground structures....

Very nice Manchy! :applause:

Is the light splash a textured surface laying a small distance from the ground? If so what is this distance?

Small note: You have a stray light splash without a pole in the middle of the road at the junction on the left side of the housing area.

Ah, Eagle-Eye-Dimus is in the house :biggrin-new:

Yap, I have to locate and destroy it, thank you :applause: (Man, you have what it takes to get a beta tester...).

The light splashes to the ground are all one ground polygon, so its alpha is directly on the ground and allows the ground to shine through better than seperate added planes made as objects/planes... The screen with the Cobra shows it well.

Ah, Eagle-Eye-Dimus is in the house :biggrin-new:

Yap, I have to locate and destroy it, thank you :applause: (Man, you have what it takes to get a beta tester...).

The light splashes to the ground are all one ground polygon, so its alpha is directly on the ground and allows the ground to shine through better than seperate added planes made as objects/planes... The screen with the Cobra shows it well.

That's good info Manschy, thanks! I have not tried that yet. In my scenery the light poles I placed are over photoreal background so I simply made a night map for the whole ground where the light splashes are simply painted on night version of the bitmap. I have tried light splash included on the light pole model itself for runway and taxiway lights, where I use a textured polygon a few centimeters from the ground.

For larger splashes like yours the GP method sounds great.

Btw I happen to be a beta tester, but it also comes with the job as ship surveyor.

At first appereance not a milestone, but to me finally the last piece of the puzzle to get more reality into the scenery.
Today I added the first bump maps to the groundpolys, to the concrete areas at first. Not many will follow because of the performance and the upload size in mind. Furthermore, most grass textures are fine enough to fake 3D vegetation....Same with buildings btw...

Crazy gorgeous - can't wait to fly out of there.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure what I have in my hangar that could, as my Milviz Phantom is dead in the water for P3D, and Dean's Jaguar is a long ways off. I haven't yet tried Dave Garwood's Hunters - I'm think they work in P3DV4 ... or ... save up for the JF Tornado, hoping it's not as much a hog in this sim as it was in FSX.

Either way - looks delightful, and will be much appreciated.

dl

Great work on the bumps Manchy!

They may need a bit of a toning down in intensity imho, but you seem to have gotten the hang of it.

Thank you all!

@Dimus: Yes you are quite right. Especially the bright concrete looks a little too rough. Using that material, no air base will grant its premission to any aircraft.

@DL: I run the JF Tonka in P3Dv4 (reply #17) and man, it's worth each cent to my opinion - even if my rig is far away from latest performance (3.7 Ghz in turbo...)

Because the air base represents the late 80s, I would suggest any kind of Tornados indeed, when you are purposing to use Brüggen as your home base.

But I notice you are from Vancouver, Canada.
Those days, a lot of canadian visitors had taken an active part in many NATO exercises, so I also can imagine many RCAF aircraft like Starfighter or C-130, but also F-18. Lots of alternatives you see and fun anyway....

Hope next weeks I can do some more final steps (setting fences, final cars, 3-D grass, corrections to some bleeding ground polys...). Was really hard weeks in life so only few minutes left to get my hands on Brüggen last months.
Just to keep you in line and a proof of a living project some overviews and how the whole airfield is fitting into the surrounding ORBX-area... And that a high level of details needs some time for realisation...

Manschy,

Your work is nothing short of amazing! I can sympathize with real life problems. I hope you are able to solve whatever problems you are dealing with. NC

Thank you very much, NC.

There are no problems I can't deal with, but a change of occupation and a lot of time investment regarding this.
I feel optimistic about a faster and more concentrating ongoing work on this project the next weeks again...

Thank you very much.

Here some few more shots "behind the scenes" which show the amount of details...damn, Brüggen is almost a town....

Looks absolutely stunning. I've recently gotten into flying in VR and flying the JF Tornado in VR is amazing so having a detailed home base like this will be fantastic. Keep up the fantastic work.

So realistic and incredibly detailed! I will probably spend a lot of time, driving around through the town. I'll need to find a good vehicle! Although I've had vehicles installed before, I don't have any currently. NC

Back