• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RAF Brüggen - first impressions

"Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately"

attachment.php

MAIW have a very acceptable Jaguar Manschy. Cannot find any RAF Germany repaints though.

Attachments

• 2019-11-18_19-16-4-680.jpg
    2019-11-18_19-16-4-680.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-11-18_19-30-16-542.jpg
    2019-11-18_19-30-16-542.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
Manfred wrote "Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately" before the FSX/P3D Jaguars were released. I made a couple of Laarbruch 2 Sqn paints for that release, together with an updated paintkit. Afaik there are no Bruggen Sqn paints yet.

Henk

"Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately"

MAIW have a very acceptable Jaguar Manschy. Cannot find any RAF Germany repaints though.

Manschy,

How's development going? I believe I can speak for all SOH members, in that we look forward to this! Merry Christmas! NC:encouragement:

Thank you, NC. Some days ago, I got a new rig and have a lot of work to get all my installations and programmes back to where they belong :running:. Unfortunately there are some issues with Gmax, most needed programme to me. Furthermore, my beloved CorelDraw seems to be much too old for Win10 now....Will see how I can get this managed....Blessedly my old PC is right beside the new one....

Merry Christmas too to all of you :santahat:

Well, congratulations on your new rig, Manschy! Sorry to hear of the problems involving CorelDraw. Hopefully you will figure out a way to get things back, but thank you for the immense amount of work you have put into your RAF Bruggen project! Pete

Thank you, NC. Some days ago, I got a new rig and have a lot of work to get all my installations and programmes back to where they belong :running:. Unfortunately there are some issues with Gmax, most needed programme to me. Furthermore, my beloved CorelDraw seems to be much too old for Win10 now....Will see how I can get this managed....Blessedly my old PC is right beside the new one....

Merry Christmas too to all of you :santahat:

Hi everybody,

I have to apologize again that I wasn't heard from again - but after getting my new rig close to christmas and after reinstalling all software components around New Year I got a complex system breakdown including a damaged graphics card :banghead: . Work of a month for nothing :sorrow:

So currently, I am imploringly waiting for the new card. Furthermore, it will take for sure about another 2 weeks to get all stuff back installed as before.
So please be patient, the project is not dead!

My goodness Manschy, you are really having one bad event after another! I am confident that I speak for all of SOH members, in that we hope you can get all of your problems fixed and your system up and running again! All the best to you. NC:encouragement:

Hi everybody,

I have to apologize again that I wasn't heard from again - but after getting my new rig close to christmas and after reinstalling all software components around New Year I got a complex system breakdown including a damaged graphics card :banghead: . Work of a month for nothing :sorrow:

So currently, I am imploringly waiting for the new card. Furthermore, it will take for sure about another 2 weeks to get all stuff back installed as before.
So please be patient, the project is not dead!

I got the same issue with my long, long loved CorelDraw/Photopaint last month when changing Win10 to my new rig. Now new (low cost) Corel Draw Home&Student 2019 is my choice and is working much better than the old stuff.

Take your time with RAF Brüggen you need. All the very best to you!!

Thomas

Thank you, Thomas.

Meanwhile, there seems to be a solution to get CorelDraw X4 running on Win10 as well.
Copying the whole content of the Corel CD to the harddrive. Copy the "setup.exe", rename it to "install.exe". Run "install.exe" and it will install! It's just a problem of the installer, not of the whole programme!!!!!!

Okay, back again....

Next step is still an experience to me - rain/water effects on the ground! Although I understand how to use the different maps and textures, it is still a hard job to know how to combine it for a good appearance. So there are some existing issues with the reflected scenery: It is still not the surrounding environment, and I got some breaking layers between the weather changes (hard cut borders...). Anyway, as a proof of the ongoing project, today some first pics of wet ground at Brüggen...

Thank you.

It's been a long time since the last shots. So after my PC system exchange, a graphics card crash directly afterwards and the necissity to reinstall all progs and addons, now some new shots will be the proof of the ongoing development.

Some final shots for now of the rain poly progress....

Puddles added to the concrete surface.s. By comparison we can see the dark dry spots where the puddles appear normally... It's a bit tricky to get varyingly wet surfaces...

That's it so far regarding the rain polys. I now have badly to understand how to get the surrounding areas reflecting correctly into the wet surfaces..

Manfred, it seems that you are using global_env_... for your reflections, too. For reflections of current objects, you should go with PBR only.

Thomas

Too tired for now, but I would like to PM you tomorrow, hopefully to get a proper solution to my continuing issue with not-shown surrounding area....Will ask Christian Bahr as well because he knows a lot about it :running:. But now I have to go to :sleeping:

@ Thomas:
I did some changes and trials and errors and different settings and had a lot of coffee and now I am running in turbo mode :running: but it seems to finally showing the results I had been looking for:

A little tricky was to get the dry textures of the overlay poly the same as the wet puddle textures, so the very same texture...
Oh, and I have to add, there was no issue as I assumed with the surrounding area - I only had to push the "Dynamic Reflection" controller to "high" at minimum.

Back