• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5

2020-5-24-16-10-34-802.jpg

2020-5-24-15-44-19-78.jpg

Quite an impressive airbase !

A few remarks though, concerning your settings, you might want to change a few of them in your sim:
  • I'd recommend you to disable to dynamic vegetation (a.k.a. SpeedTrees). These trees are not looking so nice, and their density is extremely low. They will make your forests look bad.
  • It seems your shadows are completely disabled ? I would recommend you to enable all of the "cast" and "receive" checkboxes, excepted for the vegetation (only receive, no cast, because it's very expensive on FPS), particles and no shadow flagged content.

The shadows on ground will greatly enhance the rendering, especially for the various scenery elements such as buildings/hangars (finally your plane will be in the shadow when sitting under an open hangar :) ) or static planes :)

NC, great Cecil shots, have you tried the converted MAIW JAI A-7 in v5 yet? Might save on some framerates.

I haven't tried them yet, but I am sure they do not have all the squadrons that I need that were based at Cecil. If I recall correctly, I think all of theirs are the Lemoore based squadrons?

NC

Quite an impressive airbase !

A few remarks though, concerning your settings, you might want to change a few of them in your sim:
  • I'd recommend you to disable to dynamic vegetation (a.k.a. SpeedTrees). These trees are not looking so nice, and their density is extremely low. They will make your forests look bad.
  • It seems your shadows are completely disabled ? I would recommend you to enable all of the "cast" and "receive" checkboxes, excepted for the vegetation (only receive, no cast, because it's very expensive on FPS), particles and no shadow flagged content.

The shadows on ground will greatly enhance the rendering, especially for the various scenery elements such as buildings/hangars (finally your plane will be in the shadow when sitting under an open hangar :) ) or static planes :)

Thank you for your suggestions! I will take a look at my settings, and report back. Would have done so already, but had underwent :frown-new:outpatient surgery this morning. NC

On a ferryflight from PAFA - CYZF to Sola Air Museum (ENZV) right now. The DC 6B has been painted in its original colors as Braathens Safe LN-SUB (1957)

2020-5-31-20-52-18-311.jpg

2020-5-31-20-52-5-449.jpg

2020-5-31-20-56-35-349.jpg

2020-5-31-20-58-13-371.jpg

2020-5-31-21-4-45-160.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions! I will take a look at my settings, and report back. Would have done so already, but had underwent :frown-new:outpatient surgery this morning. NC
Ouch ! Sorry to read that. I hope everything went well and you're alright ?

Back