Shrike (Milviz) F-86 Sabre Now Available!

Thanks for that template. I will have to test it out once I figure out how to use it.
Here's some WIP on my newest paint of FU-834. I just finished the Indian Head.
But have to get my ass off the computer and get out and do a few hours of yard work.

Attachments

• 335th WIP.jpg
    335th WIP.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Wait a minute. Would like to finally understand this correctly..

Wasn't it like if a model (any model) got 'officially' updated you'd loose any installed thirdparty additions/alterations to that particular model and would have to install those additions again after having installed the official update ? (not sure about MSFS but certainly in FSX/P3D, right ?...)

After having installed this F-86 update i still have the reworked/darker VC and reworked/smaller rivets. I was just wondering, is it like just as long as the official name of a certain model remains valid after an update, MSFS will keep on loading any thirdparty additons to that model as well no matter how many updates will be installed ?...

If that's true (it HAS to be true because otherwise i would be flying my beloved Sabre again with a rusty cockpit and massive rivets, wouldn't i ....? ), that's pretty clever and a whole lot less to worry about, isn't it.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Would like to finally understand this correctly..

Wasn't it like if a model (any model) got 'officially' updated you'd loose any installed thirdparty additions/alterations to that particular model and would have to install those additions again after having installed the official update ? (not sure about MSFS but certainly in FSX/P3D, right ?...)

After having installed this F-86 update i still have the reworked/darker VC and reworked/smaller rivets. I was just wondering, is it like just as long as the official name of a certain model remains valid after an update, MSFS will keep on loading any thirdparty additons to that model as well no matter how many updates will be installed ?...

If that's true (it HAS to be true because otherwise i would be flying my beloved Sabre again with a rusty cockpit and massive rivets, wouldn't i ....? ), that's pretty clever and a whole lot less to worry about, isn't it.
I think that, with the way mods are installed in this sim, that is indeed true, if there are no changes to the texture mapping in the model.

Priller

I got notified there is an update. Followed the link through to SendOwl, clicked the download. The download fails in about 2 minutes in, every time. Any ideas why that might be? Anyone else having issues?

I didn't have any issues with the install, except the fact with the "not a valid serial number BS." Not sure why it does that, but finally it does accept it and installs. I don't understand the omission of an update log either, not why, but rather, why not. If you make changes, let your owners of your release aware of what you're changing. I didn't see one in the update before this, V2, either. I did notice they didn't fix the right gear door texture issue. Maybe Dimus has some intel since he seems to work closely with Shrike.
Did you finally get it to install Fnerg?

Last edited:
Probabely similar to swearing in the church but this is a repaint for the DCS F-86 representing a US Navy FJ-3 Fury of VF-73 Jesters. Might that be something for *our* Galant F-86 Repainters Guild ? :

dcs_f86_Fury.jpg

While the FJ-3 Fury is derived from the F-86 it is just about a completely different animal. That's why the chances of a FJ-3 Fury becoming available for MSFS are as low as seeing a pinguin play tic-tac-toe. Henceforth, if we can live with the absence of the elongated nose gear, different cockpit and canopy system and somewhat bigger air inlet we can have a plethora of interesting and very appealing liveries we'll never get to see on our beautiful native MSFS F-86 otherwise.

Should this suggestion appeal to any repainter, just check the net for FJ-2 or FJ-3 Fury and you'll find a truckload of Fury livery examples to choose from, Like f.i. this :

Attachments

• 319-1-48-fj-2-fury-part-2.jpg.big.jpg
    319-1-48-fj-2-fury-part-2.jpg.big.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 16081_0.jpg
    16081_0.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Fnerg. All my photos verify your observation. I tried the four row detail with poor success. Back to the drawing board. I know it can be done. I also had trouble with the forward lines. Bringing them back a bit ran into a bunch of distortion. I finally gave up on trying to adjust them where they really should be. Moving forward just a bit came out acceptable. Back later with the checkered adjustment. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Back