• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)!

Inquiry to T-37B users here, has anyone encountered any odd behavior with the model not developing speed past 100 knots during takeoff roll? The thrust is sufficient but it's like there is excessive drag without the speed brake being deployed. I encountered this one before but it seemed to clear up on it's own but now it's like I am stuck with it. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck plus I checked ti see if anything in the Sim or an addon program (like the effects from EZDok3) but all other models work normally. I did submit a ticket to SWS on this yesterday, just waiting to hear back to see if they can figure this out.

Storm,
I haven’t encountered that specific behavior, but I have experienced some occasional odd control freezes/spikes. According to their manuals, using FSUIPC might cause some abnormal behaviors. When I disabled my FSUIPC while flying the Tweet, I didn’t experience any further issues (fingers crossed). Not sure if this is applicable to your setup, but FYI regardless.

[h=4]FSUIPC[/h]During testing we found that using FSUIPC with the Tweet may introduce irregular control behaviour for some users. In the event you encounter any abnormal control behaviours, we recommend that you clear FSUIPC assignments while flying the Tweet.

https://simworksstudios.com/knowledge-base/manuals/t-37b-tweet-manual.html

Inquiry to T-37B users here, has anyone encountered any odd behavior with the model not developing speed past 100 knots during takeoff roll? The thrust is sufficient but it's like there is excessive drag without the speed brake being deployed. I encountered this one before but it seemed to clear up on it's own but now it's like I am stuck with it. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck plus I checked ti see if anything in the Sim or an addon program (like the effects from EZDok3) but all other models work normally. I did submit a ticket to SWS on this yesterday, just waiting to hear back to see if they can figure this out.

I had a similar problem when testing this one, but it turned out that my X-55 throttle was out of calibration and it did not allow the full travel of the lever. Check if you have 100% rpm during take off role, or try hitting F4 to make sure you have full throttle setting.

I had a similar problem when testing this one, but it turned out that my X-55 throttle was out of calibration and it did not allow the full travel of the lever. Check if you have 100% rpm during take off role, or try hitting F4 to make sure you have full throttle setting.

I have an X-56, I did check the calibration, all seems normal. The T-37 throttles do look like they could go forward a bit more but as it stands, the engine RPM shows over 100% when at full throttle. I did hit F4 and it made no change. Just for the sake of checking, I did re-calibrate my throttles and after that, the T-37's acceleration seemed to be fixed, speeds and engine indicators seem normal were normal but on the downwind pattern after that takeoff, all of the sudden, the speed began to lag again despite the rpm showing where it needed to be. I went and re-calibrated again, the original issue prevailed again. There has to be some bug behind this.

Well, after much testing I found the culprit behind my speed problem with the T-37. After communicating with Alex at SWS help desk about it, it was a problem that obviously confounded both of us to a degree of head scratching because the issue simply defied making any sense. Following his and the suggestions here, I simply began a process of elimination. I ended up editing out both the Reverse Thrust and Spoiler settings in the aircraft config file. The reason I changed the thrust reverse setting from 1 to 0 is that Alex indicated to me that there might be an unknown glitch between the throttle and the T-37's Thrust Attenuators function which comes in at 70% and below on the throttle setting. I eliminated that possibility and then concentrated on the Spoilers by going into the Aircraft config [airplane_geometry] settings and editing the spoiler_limit of 66.07 to 00. This cleared the problem up immediately but that brought the question of what was causing the Spoiler effect to occur without manual speed brake deployment in the T-37 model nor the visual deployment of the Speed Brake Board? I went in and checked my P3D key and axis assignments to see if there was a conflict I was unaware of. None in the key assignments but one stuck out to me in the axis assignments for my X-56 throttle, the Ry Axis was assigned to the Spoiler Axis (a red flag!). For those unfamiliar/familiar with the X-55/X-56, the throttle Ry & Rx Axis is set up on a mini-joystick that in my humble opinion is largely useless (there is a mini-joystick on the main X-56 stick as well) and easy to accidentally hit/trigger with normal throttle handling. However, it dawned on me I had set up the throttle Ry Axis for the PMDG 737NGXu's Nose Wheel Steering Tiller (which is in my opinion a quirky & odd axis to use). This is the only model that uses this setup as far as I know and I am guessing that PMDG's coding prevents spoiler deployment off this specific axis while on the ground and up to a certain speed? (the axis seems totally ineffective above 70 to 80 knots). I think it's a safe bet that this caused a sort of ghost deployment of the T-37's spoiler axis/speed brake effect even though the lever had not been moved nor was there a visual indication externally of speed brake deployment. This issue is fixed, one more of the various oddities and quirks that can cause havoc now added to our general knowledge base. Just glad I can fly this great model again!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Btw. what about new version: A-37 "Dragonfly"? :wavey:
Do you have it in future plans maybe (with support of TacPack's weapons)?

Back