Tigercat, Tigercat, burning bright ....

Hi Y'all, :)

I'll take a look in my archives to see what I have. I will upload any FSX versions I have that does not involve Gordon's unreleased works (if that is okay with Tako_Kichi.
 
With MCX it's actually possible to remove the belly tank from SATO/Scorch00's version...

FXFD9p0.jpeg


...but it's a F7F-3 Tigercat, not a F7F-1, so repaints don't quite match...

ZnF33oB.jpeg


...not to mention endless copyright issues with Milton, Gordon, Nicholas... This avenue is best kept a dead-end... Too bad!

I'm lucky to have kept Milton & Gordon's original version, it's really a sweet shining bird...

XQeZS8a.jpeg


Scenery: Hawaii Photoreal by Javier Fernandez and Larry Roach.
Is the single seat bare metal version available anywhere, please?

I thought that I had it but can't find it anywhere in my colection.

Pete.
 
Hi Y'all, :)

I'll take a look in my archives to see what I have. I will upload any FSX versions I have that does not involve Gordon's unreleased works (if that is okay with Tako_Kichi.
Do you think I would ever say no to you Milton! :dizzy: :LOL:

I look forward to anything you have as I only have Gman's unfinished bare metal one and the port-over FSX one that will NOT work in P3D. Rob and I were flying the metal Tigercat in MP a few weeks back just for old times sake.
 
For a while, before he really went crazy, I was pretty close to Gordon. I tested damn near everything he created and had it backed up on an external hard drive. The drive was damaged beyond repair during a move. I had like 2 TB of FSX and P3D stuff on it... Including his P3D native conversion of the Tigercat with the new VC and his B-26K for P3D... He just never finished anything.
 
Using MCX to convert a 2K4 model to FSX/P3D is easy with the old versions of MCX, but I haven't figured out how to do it with the latest development versions. I use an old version to make an original 2 model variant (interior/exterior) and then use the latest MCX to convert to P3DV4.5 format. Seems to work for me :)

I keep the interior in FSX/P3DV2 format, and only convert the exterior using the latest version. So far, whenever I've tried saving an internal model file into the newer format I simply haven't been able to get them to work - I suspect the way the newer versions process the normally transparent panel textures has changed - which results in everything appearing black in-game, even if it all looks lovely in MCX.

I suspect I'm doing something simple wrong - but haven't figured out what yet! The old versions prompt you to set the visibility conditions upon an original import (this allows you to separate the interior out), the new versions just open everything at once, almost as if it's automatically combining the interior/exterior and all the various prop states as well. I could be way off the mark, but I get the feeling the new MCX is tailored to convert FSX models into FS2020 more easily... something I've not done.

Long story short - use a couple year old version of MCX when doing an original conversion from FS2004! But you'll need the later version for all the PBR stuff.
 
I suspect I'm doing something simple wrong - but haven't figured out what yet! The old versions prompt you to set the visibility conditions upon an original import (this allows you to separate the interior out), the new versions just open everything at once, almost as if it's automatically combining the interior/exterior and all the various prop states as well. I could be way off the mark, but I get the feeling the new MCX is tailored to convert FSX models into FS2020 more easily... something I've not done.
The recent versions of MCX are very good at converting FS9 models to FSX or P3D.
It does indeed recognize a large number of visibility conditions and sets them correctly (prop still, prop slow, prop blurred, landing lights, nav lights etc)
The trick is that it imports both the exterior and interior models at once. Near the bottom of the icon strip on the left hand side of MCX are 2 icons that look like doors with arrows either pointing in or out. These allow you to change the model you are looking at from the exterior to interior model (and vise versa). Just above them is an icon that looks like an eye. This opens a dialog box to allow the display and toggling of the visibility conditions.

The only thing to remember is that when you export a model for FXS (or P3D) MCX exports the model that is being displayed. So after you export the external model you need to switch the display to the internal model to work on it and then export it.

I have been working with MCX since the very early versions and I find that the modern releases make converting aircraft (and ships) much easier and faster.
 
Back
Top