• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

UKMIL Buccaneer: payloads help!

Rallymodeller

Charter Member
Does anyone have the payloads weight configurations for the UKMIL Buccaneer? Their site is down and I'd love to have some wing stores for this still-good plane...

Maybe I do not understand your question but the payload weights are listed in the aircraft.cfg file, you can simply set the weights permanently by updating the aircraft.cfg or add them on the fly when you start a flight:

station_load.0 =450, 3.23, -8.7, -1.0, Slipper L +450
station_load.1 =450, 3.23, 8.7, -1.0, Slipper R +450
station_load.2 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, Martel L +1200
station_load.3 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, Martel R +1200
station_load.4 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, AIM9 L +300
station_load.5 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, AIM9 R +300
station_load.6 =100, 15.0, 0.0, 1.9, AREF Probe +100
station_load.7 =200, -3.2, 0.0, -0.6, Pylons +200
station_load.8 = 0, -2.5, 1.0, 0.0, ACMI pod +300
station_load.9 = 0, -0.6, -8.7, -1.0, SNEB L out +500
station_load.10 = 0, -0.6, 8.7, -1.0, SNEB L In +500
station_load.11 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, SNEB R In+500
station_load.12 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, SNEB R Out +500
station_load.13 =200, 2.5, 0.1, 2.50
station_name.13 =BombDoor+200
station_load.14 =0, 3.5,-0.1, 2.50
station_name.14 =ReecePod+500
station_load.15 =0, -3.5, 0.1,-1.50
station_name.15 =FuelTank+500
station_load.16 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.16 =1000Lb+1150
station_load.17 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.17 =LGB1+500
station_load.18 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.18 =LGB2+500
station_load.19 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.19 =LGB3+500
station_load.20 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.20 =LGB4+500
station_load.21 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.21 =ECM+200
station_load.22 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
station_name.22 =AVQ23+200

Maybe I do not understand your question but the payload weights are listed in the aircraft.cfg file, you can simply set the weights permanently by updating the aircraft.cfg or add them on the fly when you start a flight:

Cheers! I grabbed it off Rikoooooo[...]ooo to see if it would still work in P3v5 (it does, brilliantly) but the station configs were changed, and the UKMIL PDF said to reference the online manual for configs.

Thanks!

Got Both

I downloaded both packages of the Bucaneer as well as the Flying Stations Aircraft carriers to use for carquals with it. My aircraft.cfg HAS all the weapons stations but I hope someone on here who has the manual that was on their website will share it in this thread to download it. The link that it says to get it is dead. Thanks for helping out (I hope).

I have that as well (bought it back in the day) but the payload config doesn't work in P3Dv5, sadly.

Maybe not the ideal location, but since you brought it up - are you saying you've gotten it to work in v5 except for the payload manager? Because I'm running v4 and never loaded it based on feedback that people said the dlls were 32-bit and thus wouldn't work at all.

If it will fly right right with all instruments, I'll happily reinstall it. Was one of my favourite aircraft in FSX .....

Thanks to you or @hschuit who can comment on it working in P3D v4+ ...

dl

Daniel, the Flying Stations Buccs will not work properly in P3Dv4/v5. The model can be loaded but many (some of them critical) features will not work as they depend on 32bit DLL modules. To name a few things which do not work in a 64bit sim:

- Catapult nose up tilt and launch dynamics
- Flaps/aileron droop and flaps control
- Loadout configurations - weights
- Fuel selector switching between tanks logic
- Radar

Henk.

Henk,

Perhaps you can answer a question I have on the Flying Stations Buccaneer.

In my readings I understand that the real Bucc had a Boundary Layer Control system. It's likely too sophisticated to be modeled in the sim, but then I was wonder what the BLOW switch does on the right panel (see switch #56 pages 37 and 38 of the S.2 manual).

Any insight as to what this switch does or is it inop?

Thanks

BLC

From Google:
Boundary layer control
BLC bled high pressure air directly from the engines, which was "blown" against various parts of the aircraft's wing surfaces. A full-span slit along the part of the wing's trailing edge was found to give almost 50% more lift than any contemporary scheme.

I am by far not an aeronautical engineer flightsim or otherwise which is why I looked it up. If it WERE able to be implemented in our flight simulators, I would think that it would have to be added to the air file and/or aircraft.cfg as a gauge that would increase the lift. Interesting problem if there is a flight simulator solution to create it. A 50% increase would be noticeable definitely.

As far as I can tell, the Flying Stations Buccs have custom coding in the Dynamics_Gauge.dll module to simulate extra lift when the blow switch is on and aileron droop exceeds 5 degrees. For the S.2 (Spey engined) variants, the use of bleed air for the BLC system also reduces engine thrust a bit.

That's Super

As far as I can tell, the Flying Stations Buccs have custom coding in the Dynamics_Gauge.dll module to simulate extra lift when the blow switch is on and aileron droop exceeds 5 degrees. For the S.2 (Spey engined) variants, the use of bleed air for the BLC system also reduces engine thrust a bit.

Waiting on my download.

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the manuals.

If You Are Just Joining Us

If you are just getting setup with the Buccaneer like me, I went looking for where it was stationed ashore: RNAS Lossiemouth which was updated for FSX and is in the Warbirds Library here. There are a couple files that are needed one of which did not come up for me in the WBL. I was able to find a download for it at AVSIM for the RAF_gse_1980's_FSX. The actual title at AVSIM is:

objlib-RAF-gse-1980-fsx.zip

Daniel, the Flying Stations Buccs will not work properly in P3Dv4/v5. The model can be loaded but many (some of them critical) features will not work as they depend on 32bit DLL modules. To name a few things which do not work in a 64bit sim:

- Catapult nose up tilt and launch dynamics
- Flaps/aileron droop and flaps control
- Loadout configurations - weights
- Fuel selector switching between tanks logic
- Radar

Henk.

Thanks Henk - that's (unfortunately) what I figured for P3Dv4/5. One of the few lingering jewels I mourn that I have had to lose out on.

For the UKMIL Bucc, I had to add wingfold and tailhook in manually into the aircraft.cfg, at least the version that I downloaded. It's actually a really nice external model. The VC in its construction is decent, though I wish it was possible to do basic navigation more readily; heading and course setting changes are really awkward through archaic 2D panels - ideas on how to improve that would be delightfully appreciated, for those of us who either have no Bucc in P3D or who haven't bought the Flying Stations version for FSX.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great package, and the included repaints address a very wide swath of the Bucc's schemes, even if the S.1 is not covered, and only 1 S.2 variant is covered. With a little polish, this could easily be the best of the UKMIL models.

Cheers,

dl

Tweaking

Thanks Henk - that's (unfortunately) what I figured for P3Dv4/5. One of the few lingering jewels I mourn that I have had to lose out on.

For the UKMIL Bucc, I had to add wingfold and tailhook in manually into the aircraft.cfg, at least the version that I downloaded. It's actually a really nice external model. The VC in its construction is decent, though I wish it was possible to do basic navigation more readily; heading and course setting changes are really awkward through archaic 2D panels - ideas on how to improve that would be delightfully appreciated, for those of us who either have no Bucc in P3D or who haven't bought the Flying Stations version for FSX.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great package, and the included repaints address a very wide swath of the Bucc's schemes, even if the S.1 is not covered, and only 1 S.2 variant is covered. With a little polish, this could easily be the best of the UKMIL models.

Cheers,

dl
It is quite a nice package. I am currently trying to get all the buildings onto Lossimouth. Just downloaded all the librarys at Iansdarkcorner though I have Ted's in my ADEx library.

I will probably try and update it to my liking for flying and navigation even though it will probably be not to the actual cockpit. Add the Garmin G1000? Well maybe not LOL!

All Set To Go

I have 6 RN Fields installed on FSX along with the Buccaneers (2-RN x'd out the others). I also downloaded the John Young AI Buccaneers with the NAS801 repaint for them and look forward to installing them. Last question what is that helo in the Lossiemouth thread here? I had a thread here on how I ai'd helos at Denton so I would find an ai for it and texture it if I have to make it like that. Something new to do after being Michigan airport'd out for a while. I am going to texture the ai buccaneer and get some traffic moving around the airport.

Back