• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

UKMIL Buccaneer: payloads help!

Reading

Just finished reading the Buccaneer S.2 manual and they say to activate the BLC and give it full flaps for takeoff so I assume it works as it should. Can't try it out for a few days but next week I'll give a review of my first flight at RNAS Lossiemouth. When I checked out the installation with the Ai Flight Plan I noticed that all the flights are done with one ai Buccaneer which looks silly IMO. Also noticed that except for one flightplan, all of them start at 00:30. It doesn't matter whether its GMT or Local, because its still "O-dark-30" so unless you enter the time you have to stay up until midnight to see them takeoff. Since the MAIW ai Buccaneer has 7 textures I changed the flight plan and saved it. I'm going to change those times too. Here is a screenshot:

HdeBD5o.jpg

Last edited:
I have 6 RN Fields installed on FSX along with the Buccaneers (2-RN x'd out the others). I also downloaded the John Young AI Buccaneers with the NAS801 repaint for them and look forward to installing them. Last question what is that helo in the Lossiemouth thread here? I had a thread here on how I ai'd helos at Denton so I would find an ai for it and texture it if I have to make it like that. Something new to do after being Michigan airport'd out for a while. I am going to texture the ai buccaneer and get some traffic moving around the airport.
Which fields with Buccaneers?? Got me curious. Guess I need to get back into adding some more airfields. :untroubled:

Here's What I Found

Which fields with Buccaneers?? Got me curious. Guess I need to get back into adding some more airfields. :untroubled:

I Googled what airfield(s) had Buccaneers and found that one squadron was land based, RNAS 801 at EGQS Lossiemouth in Scotland where the squdron was commissioned. Six FAA squadrons were equipped with the Buccaneer: 700B/700Z (intensive flying trials unit), 736 (training), 800, 801, 803 and 809 Naval Air Squadrons. Buccaneers were embarked on HMS Victorious, Eagle, HMS Ark Royal, and Hermes.[SUP][62][/SUP]The Buccaneer was retired from FAA service with the decommissioning in 1978 of the Ark Royal, the last of the navy's fleet carriers. [Wikipedia]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Buccaneer#Fleet_Air_Arm

Go to the link above and after reading, click each of the squadron links for some really interesting reading.

Since the wikipedia article did not have a link to RNAS 809 I searched and found this really interesting page:

https://www.worldnavalships.com/directory/squadronprofile.php?SquadronID=7

Have fun!

Don't forget RAF Honington. It was my first posting out of training, going to 208 Squadron in 1976. There was also 12 Squadron doing the anti maritime role with sea eagle missiles and 237 OCU with Buccaneers and Hunter T7's. In Germany 15+16 Squadrons flew out of RAF Laarbruch. A great four year start to my RAF career before moving on to Jaguars and Tornado's

Regards Paul Day.

Thank You

Don't forget RAF Honington. It was my first posting out of training, going to 208 Squadron in 1976. There was also 12 Squadron doing the anti maritime role with sea eagle missiles and 237 OCU with Buccaneers and Hunter T7's. In Germany 15+16 Squadrons flew out of RAF Laarbruch. A great four year start to my RAF career before moving on to Jaguars and Tornado's

Regards Paul Day.

Thank you for the real life insight. It is always welcome. We have a couple of guys here who give us great input on the U.S. Navy when we are doing projects.

https://simviation.com/simviation/?ID=85&page=2&mark=599 This is the link to RAF Honington with ai aircraft and traffic by Phil of UKMIL. It was created over 10 years ago but still nice.

Question on the Lossimouth scenery. Did you have to install Ian's FSX Yeovilton V4 scenery as well as required in the readme file?

Affirmative

Question on the Lossimouth scenery. Did you have to install Ian's FSX Yeovilton V4 scenery as well as required in the readme file?

Yes I had to install it as he said and also had to go to Ian's sight and download and install all his scenery items from there to make all the buildings and vehicles appear. It was a little involved but worth it when it was done. You have to copy the BGLs from Yeovilton scenery into Lossiemouth scenery with the exception of the first 5 which are roads and airport files and the ai traffic bgl. I don't know why there is a Swordfish so I didn't install that at Yelvilton. If someone knows why in real life like Paul give insight please.

Looks Like

From the action in this post it looks like there is a lot of interest in the Buccaneer. If Join FS is still working maybe sometime in the near future we could get a multiplayer flight going on some Saturday if we can coordinate the time differences between those of us here, like 19:00 GMT which gives US West Coast 11:00 local, US East Coast 14:00 local and Europe 19:00 or 20:00 in the evening. That I think could be possible if anyone is interested. Might be fun. :wavey:

RAF Honington

Just installed and activated RAF Honington and went out there with "BOB" to look around. Although it is FS9, it works perfectly in FSX(A). The one caution for FSX and P3D in the pdf README is to NOT install Matt's trees which as an FS9 object will be flat not 3D and the textures could be all black. I am very pleased that all the fences have a proper texture. I installed an FS9 Nantucket before getting ORBX and all the trees and the fences had black textures making them unusable. I believe though that Honington won't be usable in P3DV4.5or V5 though sadly. Also just found MAIW has the textures for the S2 Buccaneer for 287OCU which I just grabbed and will install with the JY AI Buccaneer and flightplan. Breathe some life into the base which was empty of activity.

287 OCU Buccaneers

Just opened up RAF Honington and checked ai traffic. There was a Buccaneer of the 287 OCU in the air on approach to land. Watched him descend on final and land beautifully on the runway. In the past some of the ai I watch after they land, respot at a parking spot but this Buccaneer taxied all the way to the end of the runway and then I watched him for 5 minutes taxi to his hanger at the other end and stop just outside; fold wings and set parking brake with the inlet and outlet covers show up in place. SO COOL! I wished I had video'd it. :biggrin-new:

Regards Paul Day.

Honington was a great posting, I lived across at Barnham camp, 1982-3 , 208 sqn/ ASF rigger likewise, ( Q-ABC-A) , I got left behind when squadron moved to Scotland due to ' horse trading'

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks to everyone

Thank you Paul for the correction. Old eyes and small type probably LOL. Thank you Pete for your insight. Like I said before to Paul, it's always interesting and fun to hear from the "guys that were there". When we have a fellowship at Church or a Thanksgiving gathering at friends and us servicemen get talking, its always fun to share memories. I will be sure that my file says 237OCU and not 287. Thank's again to all of you and especially Ian for the Scenery. That is really interesting about the RN Historic Flight. We have the Collins Foundation over here in the USA and also the Commemorative Air Force to name two groups. I am replacing the Swordfish.

RAF Yeovelton and RNHF Update

After I saw the Wikipedia post above about the Royal Navy Historic Flight, I wanted to try and add the rest of the aircraft to the Swordfish. It took me a few hours of looking and conversions to get this, but here is a Fairey Firefly in RN textures and the Hawker Sea Fury. Both have full permission to do this in the README accompanying. Before I began this endeavor I got Ian Elliot's permission to change his airport which he was more than happy to give. When I have finished and given it to Ian for final approval I will put together an update package with everything that's needed to update it.

[FONT=&quot]
UYdbvFQ.jpg
[/FONT]

Definitely approve, it'll be a while before i can test it, still got to figure my way around FSX Steam, but feel free to release what you've got :encouragement:
PS, Yeovilton was always Navy, never RAF, except possibly during the battle of Britian as a relief airfield

Yeovelton-Always Navy

Definitely approve, it'll be a while before i can test it, still got to figure my way around FSX Steam, but feel free to release what you've got :encouragement:
PS, Yeovilton was always Navy, never RAF, except possibly during the battle of Britian as a relief airfield
Thank you. I will rename it RNAS as well as properly spelling the name when I release it. I was pleased to find both the Firefly and Seafury without any restrictions except commercial use which obviously we are not.

Thank you. I will rename it RNAS as well as properly spelling the name when I release it. I was pleased to find both the Firefly and Seafury without any restrictions except commercial use which obviously we are not.

Cool project.

It’s spelled “Yeovilton,” btw. Probably just a typo vs intentional, but just in case.

Have always loved the Sea Fury, from the first time I saw one as a kid on display outside the naval museum down the street from our house in Calgary. Years later when I joined the army our base was was just down the road, and I’d occasionally drop in and visit the staff after hours and they’d let me sit in the cockpit of both their Sea Fury, Seafire, and Banshee. Odd that an army lad would fall in love with naval aviation in the prairies, but there you have it.

An Oops Moment

Thank you, also, Ian corrected my error above too. I have since changed the Folder to RNAS Yeovilton. That's what happens when you are working on stuff too late at night when you can't sleep. All OK now.

Back