• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Unofficial Alphasim Community Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
And English lessons, I always feel like I can only express myself so so in English. :redf:

I will try to let go! Thanks for taking the time to reply Michael! It's appreciated! :ernae:
One must always push #1 for english:banghead:
Sir you do a lot better than I :ernae:
as i am not one side or the other in this matter
i have never had any problems with AS
and Phil has been one of my kinda heroes
since fs5, he did a mossie panel what can i say? :redf:
i hate to see people bitching
all the AS planes that i have i love
no im not on AS forums
But seems to me a lot of people are ticked off
i hope it all comes back together
one way or another
H

remember, AS actually sub let the work to a third party 3D model team for MOST of their models, and they just make them work in FSX, with little or no modifications. So most of your awestruck is for NON AS peeps.

as for the British stuff, there is still plenty to be had elsewhere. IRIS are putting together what looks like a fantastic Vulcan!

With respect, it takes a lot more than "little or no modifications" to convert an aircraft model supplied by a 3d rendering company than you think - just ask Michael!

I'm fed up of coming in here and seeing what was a good intentioned post by Frank turn into an Anti-AlphaSim march. :kilroy:

Also fed up of seeing AlphaSims competition bitching about AS decisions and products especially since they have a vested interest in defaming their work.

Frank initiated a topic concerning an unofficial AlphaSim forums.

It just seems as if this was the signal to bash AS and some of its supporters and the nature of the new unofficial forum.

Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath.

This is a hobby and place to discuss our mutual interest. But to continually fan the fires just drives members away. It happened at the AS forums and it has happened here.

I would hate to see anyone leave but I can see a possibility of that occurring.

Russ

Then you know what? The same as those who don't like Alphasim are being told that they don't need to buy Alphasim aircraft, those who don't like being told that Alphasim aren't deities of the highest order don't need to go to forums where they might be told that.

I have to say that both sides have merit here, but that's the whole issue - there are two sides to every problem. If you just choose to ignore one side, because you don't like the fact that people disagree with you, that doesn't make the problem go away.

I'll give my piece then I am out of this hostile thread. Sure, maybe it doesn't belong in THIS particular thread, but rather than create another I'll put it here since the subject has already been brought up.

I'll give Alphasim credit where it is due. I really like the Gee Bee and the LongEZ. That I believe for Alphasim was a step in the right direction. I'll be the first to admit that I really like both of these planes. I'm sure there are others that I might like, but let me continue point by point.

1) Fact. There are MANY more planes from AS I DO NOT LIKE or feel do not live up to my particular standards for an FSAddon. Why do I want to spend a ton of money guessing which addon I "might" like.
2) Fact. AS no longer runs their own forums, which to many is questionable at best, especially considering that many frequented it.
3) Fact. Phil had it in his forum signature that they were one, if not the only company making software with the FSX SDK.... Sure, I may have worded it incorrectly, but since I can't go back and find it, who cares. We all saw it though.
4) Fact. Their prices are fairly high considering their competition. Whether or not you think you are getting your value for your money is subjective.
5) Fact. Phil posted a rant about the forum closure blaming in part simFlight for putting out misinformation.
6) Fact. Phil and members of the original AS forum have attacked me, and many others for what I feel are fair criticism. I only posted once asking about an update on the LongEZ and was attacked for not being a good pilot?... Ok.

It seems to me that many of the problems stem from a certain individual, who I will call out by name. It also seems to me that many of the members of the AS forum are also guilty of this.... so, with this in mind, does it seem unreasonable that a few of us take the opportunity to let a little blood when we see AS mentioned on this forum?

I won't purchase another AS addon, and I made that decision quickly after buying the Gee Bee. I saw the writing on the board. If people want to go to the unnofficial forum which just so happens to be endorsed by the same guy that makes me want to claw my eyes out when I read his posts, then so be it. You are free to do so. If however some of you think that some of us won't say how we feel about AS when such an opportunity arises, or that somehow we must adhere to the rules of the Unnofficial AS forum here... I got a surprise for you.

In fact, it kinda hurts to say this as I have some good friends over there. SimFreak being one of them. I'll continue to stay his friend as he is a gentleman and produces good videos, and I'll attempt to not vent my frustration with a company which I don't particularly care for does yet another stupid thing... primarily being driven at the helm by a madman. However, I am also part of this business... with MANY clients. I am used to bad things being said about them, my videos, and certainly the products. Shrug it off, make it better or get out of dodge I say. Alphasim could take a lesson from this.

If this makes some folks angry, I apologize. I was not directing any negative feedback directly towards you. However, when you are affiliated with people such as Phil, who makes it a point to piss on everyone's parade, be prepared to expect a bit of pissing back.

/offsoapbox.

Never bought a thing from them........And now glad...LOl:costumes:

This thread is really getting out of line...this tit for tat has gotta stop. You guys should remember that we all have the same interest, flight....I'm closing it, some of you guys really need to cool down...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back