• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???

Me too

Also a great big thank you to all for this great aircraft. Have to go and find my Southern Airways repaint and hope its not lost with the old crashed computer. I believe I was smart enough to move it to a fhash drive.

Indeed, an AILA-based GCA is what we are working on atm. Here is a short vid that Tom posted earlier I believe. There are some glitches we have to iron out still, and the release will be an experimental beta at best.

https://youtu.be/w0ch4W26eYw

A very good start!

In my experience the controller on final would call "approaching glidepath, check wheels down and locked. --- Up, up and on glidepath, begin normal rate of descent" Because of the depth of the radar glideslope beam, the pilot would actually be on the GS center once he started down on this call, despite the slight delay in transition from level.

After a couple of calls of on glideslope and / or centerline it was not unusual for the controller to say "on glideslope and holding" or "on centerline and holding"

Also ,"approaching minimums, tower has cleared you to land"

"AT MINIMUMS -----if runway not in sight, execute missed approach, standby this frequency"

After the crewed called a missed approach, the controller would repeat go around instructions received previously, such as "climb straight ahead to 3000, left turn to 180, standby this frequency. If no communication, proceed to XYB beacon and hold."

We are not quite as sophisticated as that. Our first aim is to get the basics right. Already our own pdf Manual is five pages long, and the system has options for various "Realism Challenges" that will really tax the pilot's skill.

I have a question concerning some the older models ?

I Have these models from older versions:

model.C47_1
model.C47_2ski2
model.C47_2ski3
model.C47_NR
model.C47_QSSNOSKI
model.PBA

I am making the assumption that I can take these old model files and drop them into the newest version aircraft file "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406" add the related aircraft config entry, change the air file entry to the new air file " Douglas_DC3_v1.5". For example:

[fltsim.XX]
title=Douglas R4D-6 CTA-15 1961 SK
"Sim = Douglas_DC3_V1.5"
"model=C47_2ski3"
panel=
sound=
texture=CTA15sk
----------------------

Am I correct in this assumption ?

I am not sure. The V1 animations may not work with the newer system. But no harm giving it a try anyway.

I am not sure. The V1 animations may not work with the newer system. But no harm giving it a try anyway.

I won't have time to check this out until this weekend. I hope it works ok, hate to see all those beautiful old repaints by so many talented folks go to waste !

Rvah3 r4d

Yesterday I found the beautiful R4D Repaint for this and installed. Today I just finished flying a group of Marines returning to MCAS New River from Norfolk NS after Christmas leave with their families. Great flight, beautiful weather and smooth landing. Really a joy to fly this again. I think its probably been a year since i was in the cockpit. Thank you again MJ and the crew for all your work for us to enjoy.

San Francisco to Sacramento in the R4D

Setup another flight in FSX yesterday for the R4D aka C-47 V3.14.xxx from this thread. I wanted to tryout GSX Level 2 and SFO is one of the demo airports. I own GSX Level 1 but jury is still out on adding Level 2 to get special jetways and passengers etc.

In order to get the passengers to exit properly the aircraft has to be customized from the menu so that they are the right height and position of the door(s). After some trial and error I got this dead on for the R4D. The same holds true for fueling but though the fuel truck was exactly where it should be I was disappointed that the driver did not unroll the hose and put it in the red fuel cap where I positioned the X. Still cool. It DOES refuel the aircraft from a menu of how full you want the tanks.

We had a beautiful flight over the California countryside which is rural flying up to Sacramento. Landed on 16L and taxiied with the "follow-me" jeep to parking. You can see the marshaller just ready to give the cutoff (notice the zero's meaning you are parked exactly on spot). I like GSX, it adds to the experience. Virtuali of FSDT HAS promised an update of military ground crew and vehicles in the future. We'll see. I am sure for all the work it will depend on how many people purchase GSX1/2 which is understandable. Here's the shots.

BGbzwQ1
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• San Francisco Crew Departing.jpg
    San Francisco Crew Departing.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Fueling at SFO.jpg
    Fueling at SFO.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Sacramento Parking.jpg
    Sacramento Parking.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
One heck of a video, Manfred.

The "Below Glide path" warning just before getting visual on the runway had me worried for a bit.

It really is an amazing feature to immerse even more realism than the current version already delivers.

One heck of a video, Manfred.

The "Below Glide path" warning just before getting visual on the runway had me worried for a bit.

It really is an amazing feature to immerse even more realism than the current version already delivers.

Indeed, having to act on the verbal instructions is highly immersive, and the feeling you get when the runway comes up out of the haze is amazing. You suddenly reappreciate what FSX is capable of doing.

It's been a while since I expressed my continuing appreciation and gratitude. The C-47, with both vintage and modern VCs, is a masterpiece. Sincere thanks to Manfred, Jan Visser, and all who've contributed to its development. Looking forward to the Sperry if, as and when.

Hey folks.

I have been flying the C-47 v3.14 for a while now and loving it. The vintage virtual cockpit is a joy.

But I have seen images here and there of a modern vc. is that part of v3.14? I cant find a referrence to it in the manual and the planes I have are all vintage vc. Maybe I'm blind. I also cant find a referrence to it on a Firefox search. Cant remeber where I saw the images but I seem to recall modern radios and GPS in the centre of the main panel.

Any light on this would be appreciated.

Hey folks.

I have been flying the C-47 v3.14 for a while now and loving it. The vintage virtual cockpit is a joy.

But I have seen images here and there of a modern vc. is that part of v3.14? I cant find a referrence to it in the manual and the planes I have are all vintage vc. Maybe I'm blind. I also cant find a referrence to it on a Firefox search. Cant remeber where I saw the images but I seem to recall modern radios and GPS in the centre of the main panel.

Any light on this would be appreciated.

FSX/P3D Modern VC (MVC) for Douglas C-47 V3.zip In the Warbirds Library:wavey:

Found it, Thanks!

I was looking in the 'Panels' section. Didn't think to look under 'Military Props'.

Cheers!

Brake Squeal and tire squeal

I am running P3D v4.4 and am using the MJ Douglas C-47 3.1406-MVC.
All cockpit sounds like switches, brake parking brake control, windows, etc. are working fine. However, there is no typical tire squeal on touchdown, and I have brakes squeal all the time when I taxi up to about 14 knots. I then installed the great s1830 sound set DC3_pw1830_v1 by Mike Maarse but the constant brake sound is still there. I know it is typical to get brake squeal when I apply the toe brakes, but I don't think it shoud be heard all the time a slow taxi speeds with no brakes applied. I have re calibrated the braes in the P3D options/controls section, but still no joy.
Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?
Thanks.Howard

Back