• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

what kind of automatic rifles do you have?

Give me an old Winchester or Remmington lever action rifle any day. I'm sorry I sold my 1935 30-30 94 Winchester and 1100 Remmington before I moved here to DE. All I have now is the Mossburg 152 semi automatic .22LR I got for Christmas in 1961.

Gary, make mine a Marlin! In 44-40 preferably.

zoom_1894_45colt.jpg

I had an SKS for many years; it even had a bayonet. Nice rifle. I just traded it this year for a vintage S & W Model 10 revolver and got about what I paid for it in the first place. Not bad.
So my current guns are:
  • Ithaca .22 magnum lever action single shot (model 48 saddlegun)
  • Smith & Wesson Model 10-6 (.38 special, heavy barrel d/a revolver)
I also have a few airsoft guns as well that I use to teach my kids about gun safety and the occasional plinking in the basement (cannot do this with the S&W)

Automatic or Semi-Automatic?

This thread reminds me of something several years ago. I was visiting the Frank Ryder WW1 Museum (that was located in Lake Guntersville, Alabama) in preparation to doing an article for a WW1 website. Frank Ryder and family were killed in an aircraft crash, and there was no one to take over the running of the business. The staff and executors were selling things off, and I wanted to see the museum one last time before it was completely gone. The people were very nice, and I took quite a few photos and bought a few of the paintings that were for sell (though the really "good" ones by Dietz, etc. were well out of my price range). As they were showing me around, they took me upstairs (where all the "nice" stuff was stored) and led me to a closet. Inside were two very nice and serviceable Spandaus. My guide told me that they really needed to find a buyer for these, as they did not have a license to own fully automatic weapons. Unfortunately, I could not help them, and I never mentioned this in the article. The ATF has some very long ears. :monkies: But enough time has passed now that I can mention it. :) Too bad I didn't have the license then...

AR-15
Valmet M-76
FN FAL
SKS
SVT-40
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
MAS 49/56

Contrary to poplular belief, the average U.S. citizen cannot legally buy full auto weapons, Nor can suppressors, sawed offs, or big stuff, like RPG's and bazookas, be had. So don't believe the movies and TV, or mis-informed politicians !:wavey:
Also got a bunch of bolt actions, handguns, a shotgun, and a lever gun.
Do I need more? No, the question is do I WANT more?

Contrary to poplular belief, the average U.S. citizen cannot legally buy full auto weapons, Nor can suppressors, sawed offs, or big stuff, like RPG's and bazookas, be had.

Hate to do this to you, Piglet. But that is incorrect. Full autos and explosives are quite expensive, but sawed off shotguns/rifles can be had for $200 on top of the cost of the weapon...Supressors are rather expensive (between $300 and $1800)

68LWRC003.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

S1051883.jpg

Heck, my .22 is a sawed off rifle...
Dsc_0001-1.jpg

Looking at the above, I'm sure someone can tell me:
1. What's the difference between a semi-automatic and an automatic?
2. How hard is it to convert a semi to automatic?
3. WTF would a civilian do with a fully automatic weapon???

Looking at the above, I'm sure someone can tell me:
1. What's the difference between a semi-automatic and an automatic?
2. How hard is it to convert a semi to automatic?
3. WTF would a civilian do with a fully automatic weapon???

1. Semi-autos, 1 bullet is fired for each time the trigger is pulled. Autos shoot bullets until you let off the trigger, or the magazine empties.
2. Depends on the gun. AR-15s can be made automatic by dropping in a special piece of metal. However, that piece of metal runs about $16,000, and must be registered to you through the US Gov't.
3. Have fun, of course!!

[YOUTUBE]th_FpwgGc-E[/YOUTUBE]

OK, here's mine...

1. Aussie L1A1 SLR (FAL) (Lithgow 1968)
2. Colt AR-15 SP1
3. Bulgarian SA93 Pre-ban AK-47 with Soviet Type 3 furniture
4. Soviet SKS (Tula Arsenal 1951)
5. Inland US M-1 Carbine (All matching 1943)
6. International Harvester M-1 Garand (All matching 1953)
7. Polytech Legend Chinese Type 56 AK-47
8. US M-14 (built on Smith Ent. receiver)

I also collect US military shotguns and have a Win. 97 WWII take-down, a WWII Stevens 520, and a Vietnam issue Ithaca 37 (I carried one just like it in-country)

Ridge, Love the M-79's! I toted a thump gun occasionaly, but hated wearing that damn vest!

Tim, Ridge is correct... any law abiding US citizen can legally own a class 3 weapon. All you have to do is go through the ATF background check and purchase a tax stamp for each class 3 weapon.

i only have a replica. :p Took these pics about 10 years ago....i have no idea where it is these days...somewhere in a garage i guess

mp5_01.JPG

mp5_02.JPG

mp5_03.JPG

-feng

What I meant was the average Joe can't just go to any gunstore, and say "gimme a machine gun, please."
I know about Title II guns and Class 3 dealers, and all the paperwork involved, and all that other stuff. Yes, it is legal to own such high speed stuff, but it's a long, involved process.
And if you live in a non-free state, like Kalifornia People's Republic, things get tougher.
And I got tons of airsoft, get em' while they're still legal!

None here, don't plan to go to war. Home defense is best done with a shotgun. Those I have, old Fox 12-gauge double-barrel, Winchester over-under 16-gauge double-barrel (a sweetheart of a pattern), and a Browning 16-gauge semi-automatic. Hope I never have to use any on a human being.

I collect CO2 and air rifles and pistols. Cheap and fun. Two are semi-automatic, both .77-caliber. They Sheridan .22-caliber air rifle is super for killing varmints like groundhogs and squirrels that get too close for my liking. For sorry birds like Starlings and Grackles, I use the .77-caliber rifles. I don't shoot Crows and Blue Jays though, had a pet Crow once. Funny birds, will mimic too if kept in captivity. Despise pigeons too, but they're not a problem here in the hinterlands. Shot a plenty for the City of Danville though. Really stupid birds, you can plink one and the one beside it will not flutter and you catch it too. Like an arcade with real birds. Always use air rifles, safer, wouldn't dare use a real rifle shooting pigeons or squirrels for the city. I even got the Danville PD to use air rifles eliminating pests. Told them they should hire me. :icon_lol:

Caz

Ahh my kind of thread :icon_lol: being British i don't own any rifles or pistols ('cept my old airsoft kit and my air rifles for sorting rats/mice out), but i will entertain you with a list of what i have fired....

• H&K G3
  • H&K MP5A5/AG/SD6
  • H&K MP7
  • L1A1 SLR (Semi auto version of the FN FAL)
  • SA80A2
  • M16/203 (Wouldn't let me use the 203.... killjoys)
  • C8 Carbine (Licence Built M4 in essence)
  • AK47 (3 rounds, hated it, handed it back)
  • Sig Sauer P226
  • Sig Sauer P228
  • Browning HP
  • Accuracy International/Arctic Warfare L96A1
  • Accuracy International/Arctic Warfare AW50F
  • SVD 'Dragunov' (another i hated and handed back after a few shots)
  • Enfield No.4 Rifle
  • M1 Garand (firing this and the Enfield were a true joy)
  • M249PARA (Shorter M249)
  • GPMG (ok us British Forces guys, lets be correct it's the Gimpy 'jim-pee')

thats all i can think of for the moment, out of them all i'd have to say the L96 was my preffered Bolt, the MP5 preferred Fully auto/semi auto, and the P228 in the pistols :icon_lol: beggars can't be choosers so if i hear shots at the local range i go say Hi, and usually am lucky enough to get a few shots off :kilroy:

To those of you in the US. Have you considered there are three and a half years left of this administration? If you think the BATF can't backtrack the postings in this thread, think again! Be careful what you show them.

To those of you in the US. Have you considered there are three and a half years left of this administration? If you think the BATF can't backtrack the postings in this thread, think again! Be careful what you show them.

Living in Illinois, they are all on record as purchased anyway. FOID card sees to that. Plus, I have a Curios & Relic license issued thru BATF I must log each purchase too. They know what I have, it's all legal and until the rules change, I'm not worried. After the rules change the creativity begins...:icon_eek:

P.S. In the Peoples Republic of IL. Class III weapons are not legal. Unless you are grandfathered in prior to the ban back in 80-something or so. Even then you must apply for permission to take it somewhere, legally. Gov't for you.:kilroy:

Back