• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

what kind of automatic rifles do you have?

It is getting harder to find safe places to shoot, but there is a local gun club with a very nice range, our farm for plinking, and I am a very happy camper since I found out last week that they are building an indoor pistol range right around the corner from my house. The wife even is tickled about it and let me order a new reloading press to keep us in ammo.

My old press still works but we wanted something a little faster and went from a single stage to a turret press. I will keep my single stage for fine work but the new press will turn out more loads while letting me keep the control I like.

While I personally don't mind the shooting threads, I think the Other Hobbies forum is a better place for them in Newshawks. Carry on! :)

As for my own gun locker...
The only semi-auto rifle I currently own is a 597 Remington .22LR.
I have owned several SKS variants back when the Chinese import ammo was dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind picking up a good Yugo SKS again just to say that I've got one.
The rest of my long guns are bolt action rifles and the lone 870 Remington.

Okay, now for some automatic rifles:applause:

kitchen2.jpg

Automatics

In the UK when I did my National Service in the Royal Artillery, we only had the Lee Enfield SMLE. I got my marksman with it! We actually got pay for it. Then when I was demobbed from the army, I joined the Royal Air Force, I got my marksman again,but you don't get paid for it in the RAF. Then,years alter in 1960, I joined Air cadets as a Warrant officer and there I managed to train the air cadets on the SLR 7.62, a very nice weapon. Though I still liked the Enfield.

Ken

Enfields are a great weapon...a while back I saw a SMLE at a pawn shop several miles away...I was too tacticool at the time to appreciate it, but would not mind a good bolt action nowadays...

I will not admit to owning any firearms, as here in the great white north, fire arm ownership is veiwed as evil, and a sign of grave psychological pathology. Especialy-GASP- military arms.
I learned my craft on the FN C1 and C2. Still my all time favorite combat rifle. Proper 7.62 instead of that silly little varmit plinker they issue nowadays. Wood and steel furniture, so if you
had to butt stroke some silly bugger, he would stay down, and you still had a servicable rifle, something you cant do with these plastic popguns. I allways thought that if the job is to hurt people and break things, why on earth muck about with a toy round like 5.56.
Had some barmy jerk of a taxi driver blow through a road block once. ( the sappers were getting rid of some UXB) Put 2 rounds(AP) through the rad of that Mercedes at 70 or so meters, and stopped that sucker in his tracks. Not a scratch on the dumb ass behind the wheel. Destroyed the rad, water pump, knocked a big chunk out of the block and dislodged the front of the crank. When faced with the same situation today, the guys have no choice but to dump 30 round through the windscreen.( Why do they charge road blocks?) Fabrique National all the way.

But of course, I would NEVER own one

:engel016:

The P-90.great for personal defence,and vehicle crews.
Popgun. no penetrating power. No stopping power. Would it make a hole in a BTR or a BMP?
No. The Rangers in Moug found out that the 5.56 would not penetrate mud brick walls.Hence the re-emergance of the SAW in 7.62.
5.56 is a great plinking round, or varmit round. Thats all .222 is. Now, if you want to reach out and touch some one at any more than 50 meters, and make the buggers eyes water, don't reach for 5.56
The C1 is robust, reliable,accurate, and,( this is important in this application) intimidating. It looks mean. Yeah, Its heavy, and so is the ammo, and you cant carry as much of it as 5.56, but 2 or three rounds of 7.62 gets the job done, where 8 or 10 rounds of 5.56 might or- might not. And I like the kaBOOM a C1 makes.

Gun control- hitting what you aim at!

Back