• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

what kind of automatic rifles do you have?

Saiga 7.62x39 is my main semi-auto rifle. An AK action sort of sporterized and more accurate then a standard AK. Comes with 10 round mags but I also have some 20 rd mags or it can be easily modified to use standard AK mags. Below is a pic of mine.

I am planning on buying one of the 12ga versions soon. It is comes with a 5 rd mag but you can get 8,10,12 round mags or a 20 round drum.

Same with my firearms, used for range work, plinking, sport, but never killed anyone.

knive = invented to make cutting of things easier
gun = invented to kill stuff in the quickist way

but as you said, you either like it or dont and the argument is never ending :engel016:

Hey Stiz when I hunt here in Texas I have a sidearm with me at all times. Several times it has either saved me or a friend from a trip to hospital or maybe even death. We have more rattlesnakes and cottonmouth water moccasins than you can shake a stick at...thank God for guns. It really is difficult to hit them with a knife ya know what I mean?
Ted

dont get me wrong, i'm not total anti gun, and i admit they have their uses like any other tool, but there just isnt need to have em in the house and buyable at a store like percripstion drugs (if you have the paper work you can pretty much get what you want), nor is there a true need to have the lastest near mil spec semi automatic rifle with nvg scope and silencer or a 50 cal sniper rifle ... to shoot a sodding tin can.
:kilroy:

Knives were invented to make cutting things easier. Other humans and food were the first things and they were later used for cutting other things, but as a weapon and for hunting was the first uses.

Firearms evolved the same way. First for war and hunting, later for target practice, plinking and sport.

As for a need for them in the home, it all depends on if you are wanting to defend yourself and family, or expect others to do it for you. In a country were it can take up to half an hour for the police to arrive in some locations, you are better off planning on protecting yourself.

oh i agree Stiz... in a way, for plinking tin cans an air rifle or a BB Gun will do just fine, but to shoot a tin can at a mile (and further) yer gonna need a 7.62 or .50, there is a need for a semi auto, silenced mil spec rifle... in the military, mostly. only rifles you can get nowadays here in the uk are .177 and .22 and are air/co2 powered, or airsoft BB guns. amazing Stiz shows the diversity of humanity, both of us being Brits, both 21 yet the viewpoints are miles apart... half an hour, f**k that i'd mount an M60 on the stairs, teach the wife and kids about the G3 and then watch a burglar try it and so much as fire 1 shot, then watch him/her get taken down (alive still preferably,let the justice system earn its keep)... they fired first therefore returning fire is allowed. here in the UK you're lucky if the police even turn up sometimes, they usually are back at base doing paperwork! is it just me or should police be both pro-active AND re-active, simplified they are out and about while others do paperwork on their behalf at base, and leaving them more time to be out 'on the beat' or reporting to calls...

as long as they were the old heavier calibre, not that woosie little 5.5 round.

one of the things i have discovered with the AR platform is that it is extremely easy to convert to different calibers...which is why i just ordered one of these....

DPMS Barrel AR-15 7.62x39mm Russian Heavy Contour 1 in 10" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Matte with Front Sight Pre-Ban

<!-- end enlarge -->

one of the things i have discovered with the AR platform is that it is extremely easy to convert to different calibers...which is why i just ordered one of these....
DPMS Barrel AR-15 7.62x39mm Russian Heavy Contour 1 in 10" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Matte with Front Sight Pre-Ban

<!-- end enlarge -->

You bought...a STICK??
with a convenient carry handle?
Come to think of it - no calibre problems there, alright :d

oh i agree Stiz... in a way, for plinking tin cans an air rifle or a BB Gun will do just fine, but to shoot a tin can at a mile (and further) yer gonna need a 7.62 or .50, there is a need for a semi auto, silenced mil spec rifle... in the military, mostly. only rifles you can get nowadays here in the uk are .177 and .22 and are air/co2 powered, or airsoft BB guns. amazing Stiz shows the diversity of humanity, both of us being Brits, both 21 yet the viewpoints are miles apart... half an hour, f**k that i'd mount an M60 on the stairs, teach the wife and kids about the G3 and then watch a burglar try it and so much as fire 1 shot, then watch him/her get taken down (alive still preferably,let the justice system earn its keep)... they fired first therefore returning fire is allowed. here in the UK you're lucky if the police even turn up sometimes, they usually are back at base doing paperwork! is it just me or should police be both pro-active AND re-active, simplified they are out and about while others do paperwork on their behalf at base, and leaving them more time to be out 'on the beat' or reporting to calls...

Yeah its really takes the mick trying to be a weapon owner in the uk, making us paint replicas red..I say no way so heres mine!!
sorry the photo quality is bad but it was off my old phone, I can only dream of owning some of the real kit you guys have in the US!
As for the Police smoothie your right they never turn up when you actually need em but if your driving 5 mph over the limit they soon find you the B*stards!
dsc00042lig.jpg

I have more but no pics as yet. Ignore the maglite also lol my gun lamp broke on that occasion!

Hey Stiz when I hunt here in Texas I have a sidearm with me at all times. Several times it has either saved me or a friend from a trip to hospital or maybe even death. We have more rattlesnakes and cottonmouth water moccasins than you can shake a stick at...thank God for guns. It really is difficult to hit them with a knife ya know what I mean?
Ted
that is correct you dont need to be hunting either
mind you i dont own a gun i get the wife to go first:icon_lol:
There is a large difference between the UK and the US
regarding guns i actually had some in the UK
and none in the US
here if i have one for protection i best be willing to use it
or i will be shot myself
in the UK chances are i will never need one for protection
and im talking about someone attacking me with a gun
lots of drive by shootings here
when was the last drive by in the UK?
H

My duty weapons are a full auto M4 A1 carbine and the M9 semi-auto pistol. Over the years I've been issued or have used the M-14, M-16A1, M-16A2, M-60 MG, M-240 MG, M-249 SAW and the M-21 and M-24 sniper rifles as well as the old war horse Model 1911 pistol.

My favorite weapons are old Army rifles and I shoot these all the time when not deployed. I reload my own ammo (replicating the issue 50/70 and 45/70 loads) for them and I've shot them all the way out to 1,000 yards with very good accuracy. Believe it or not, the latter versions with the 1879 and 1884 patern sights are calibrated out past 2,000 yards and are adjustable for deflection (windage) too.

Here are my rifles made between 1870 and 1888.

that is correct you dont need to be hunting either
mind you i dont own a gun i get the wife to go first:icon_lol:
There is a large difference between the UK and the US
regarding guns i actually had some in the UK
and none in the US
here if i have one for protection i best be willing to use it
or i will be shot myself
in the UK chances are i will never need one for protection
and im talking about someone attacking me with a gun
lots of drive by shootings here
when was the last drive by in the UK?
H

thats very true your much more likely to be stabbed that be shot in the uk!
When I was in the army my weapons I used to get issued were the L7 GPMG, our version of the FN MAG or your m240
l7a1.jpg

and the L86A2 LSW which is a very accurate weapon, pulls to the left during full auto firing which is a good thing sometimes, its also extremely light!
AEG08.jpg

I sold my firearms nearly 20 years ago....places to shoot and places to hunt became harder and harder to find and I got tired of fighting rust on my guns from them sitting around being unused.

I had the following:

Mosin-Nagant Model 1891 Infantry Rifle, built in 1901. Got it for $65 at a small gun shop out in the country. Had about half of the original bluing on it. Was a blast to shoot. The cheap ammo, from Czeckoslavakia, had corrosive primers...so I didn't shoot that stuff. The good ammo had none corrosive primers, but set me back nearly $20 for 7 rounds. I made sure to get maximum enjoyment out of every shot fired.

1916 Spanish Mauser: Found this rifle at the same gun shop I found the Mosin-Nagant. Set me back about $100. Had been rebored and rechambered for .762 NATO (.308 Winchester) by an company in Florida that dealt in ex-military foreign firearms (Sun Valley, Sun Tech, Sun somethingorother). Was a very accurate rifle. I had plans to have it drilled and tapped for a scope, but sold it before I got that done.

Winchester Model 94 lever action, 30-30: The newer Model 94s were a hit or miss purchase, in that you either got a really good one or a really bad one. Mine was middle of the road I suppose. Took quite some time to get the sights drifted enough to make the rifle passingly accurate. This was the only rifle I purchased new, and was the most disappointing.

30 Carbine. Funnest rifle in my arsenal. Light, accurate, cheap to shoot...could buy a box of 50 rounds by Olin for $7. It had a tendency to stove pipe rounds....turns out it had a chip in the bolt rail/guide. Took it back to the gun shop where I bought it (same one were I got the Mosin and the Mauser) and the guy fixed it for free. I got this rifle for the astonishingly low price of $45.

Daisy .22 long rifle. Yes, Daisy. It was a cute little gun with black synthetic stock. Bolt action. Very very stiff bolt action at that. Had a 10 shot rotary magazine. Was intended to be shot by small people (youngsters, like my niece and nephews), but the butt stock could be extended a bit to be shot by bigger people. I used this rifle to teach my niece and nephews to shoot (after having them on a number of spring and air rifles first).

Winchester Model 70, 30-06. Got this rifle when I was 12. I spent 2 weeks working on this milk farm, shoving up every bit of poop that the cows dropped. There was some viral/bacterial thing going on and part of the preventative was to keep the manure cleared out of the pastures. Also painted one of the barns. When it came time for pay, the farmer was strapped after two weeks of daily vet visits and treatments for a couple hundred head of milk cows. So, he asked if I would take the Winchester as payment. Had a nice scope on it, military style sling. And he threw in a few boxes of ammo. I was 12, was offered a high powered rifle with bullets....I took it as payment without hesitation.

Remington 870 Slug Master. Deer slayer extraordinaire. Camo stock, matte black finish. 4x power scope. This gun put a lot of meat on the table.

Dan Wesson 44V revolver, .44 magnum. 10 and 3/4 inch heavy under lug barrel. Combat grips, hammer, trigger and sights. Had an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster to carry this monster in. 4X scope. Was a blast to shoot. My neighbor hand loaded rounds for me at a fraction of store bought. With the long, heavy barrel, recoil wasn't all that bad to deal with.

Colt 1911 .45 pistol. Highly modified with a 6 inch barrel and slide, combat grips, hammer, trigger and sights. Had some extended clips for it, with 10 shot capacity, but they were not all that reliable....the guy I got the pistol off of modified the clips by taking two normal clips, cutting and welding them together and reworking the springs...and I think it was the springs that were the weak areas.

I ALMOST bought a couple SKSs, and would have if the place would have taken checks....my best friend was in from the US Army on leave, we went with this aunt and grand parents to a smorgas board place (all you can eat for $4.00). After eating, the aunt and grand parents went shopping and my friend and I took a walk. Found a gun shop, went in, and they were packing up to go to a gun show. Opened a crate and there were 2 brand new SKSs, with the triangular bayonets. Neither of us had much cash on us, my friend had his check book, but since his bank was in Texas (federal bank that his military pay went into), they would not take his check. His aunt would not write a check for guns (she was anti-gun, anti-hunting).

There are times that I miss my firearms.

OBIO

I wonder if all the anti-gunners like, Handgun control are paying any
attention to all of this. Even going as far as copying the posts and so
on???????? ckissling

I wonder if all the anti-gunners like, Handgun control are paying any
attention to all of this. Even going as far as copying the posts and so
on???????? ckissling
Nah, they got their hands full with all the gun/gunowner sites out there. They're prolly not smart enough to think of a flightsim site as a place for gun talk.
Or they're off getting sticking their noses into some other areas of human activity!:173go1:
<!-- / message -->

Not a Auto, but can stoot the freckles off a nats ass at 100 yards, and have the awards to prove it.I have many Autos but this one you have to make count first time around, and my favorite one!!!! Was going to say something but will be good.
DSC00786.jpg

Back