• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Why I'll (likely) switch to MSF2024.

I won't buy it, tired of keeping up ($$$$) with the Jones'. I'm good where I am with P3DV5.4 To each his home er,,,,own,,,,
I started with the First Flt sim and a 386 computer playing it on a 5 1/4 floppy (Tandy TRS 90 aka trash 90. Then it would ask
do you want to use a mouse and what monitor are use using CGA/VGA or B/W? Playing "catch up" with this is getting old and
tiring and expensive. TIme for me to just be happy and appreciative with what I have. I can live with that.

Last edited:
For me I have never been on the most recent release of FS. This will be the first time I not only have the system that can run it but the $ to buy it.

Still I will not exclusively be in the newest version.

For me I have never been on the most recent release of FS. This will be the first time I not only have the system that can run it but the $ to buy it.

Still I will not exclusively be in the newest version.
I think with 2024 your bandwidth might be a bottleneck Dave!

Priller

MSFS is totally and utterly amazing, no doubt about it. There's still *one* thing i totally and utterly hate about it : no easy one click FLY-BY camera !
1723660876694.png

Not sure how easy it'll be to use given it's an existing add-on being integrated versus core code, but looking forward to fly-by and the ability to replay and then take control where things went wrong. :)

The fly-by camera is only for replays, I think.

Not sure how easy it'll be to use given it's an existing add-on being integrated versus core code, but looking forward to fly-by and the ability to replay and then take control where things went wrong. :)

The fly-by camera is only for replays, I think.
Of course i put all my money on FCR when it advertised that the program would include a beta 'Fly-By' camera. I noticed it before but it seems to me that the English language just doesn't feature a saying that sufficiently represents the awkward feeling one is confronted with when something promised doesn't live up to it at all ("fob someone off with something" is all i could find..). I certainly don't want to toot my own horn here but in my language (dutch) you can even choose between various sayings that cover this particularly awkward feeling quite sufficiently. My favourite will always have 'happy' and 'a dead sparrow' in it. ;-)

So, yeah, sadly enough this FCR "Fly-By Camera" proved to be a total let down. Completely rediculous. I have sat there in front of my precious 34" curved monitor with my jaw on the desk in total disbelief. How can they serve something so terrible, awkward and unpleasant to an honest, dedicated flight simmer who was just hoping to finally see his aeroplane fly-by the way he was used to for so many years with so many flightsimulator programs. How could they call it Beta when it wasn't even Alpha. It was just a rough sketch nothing more.

Ok, a few times i managed to fumble something together that resembled a 'fly-by' but a few times only and much too far away and way too fast and at awkward angels. (and, indeed, Replay Only !!, Rediculous !!) It lasted only an hour or so on my machine and forget about the money.

Embedded in MSFS24 ?..... Yikes !

Give me Airshow Assistant anytime ! (even without fly-by...;-)

Btw, reviews are quite positive but it's about Replay only, Nobody seems to have any interest in a 'Fly-By' Camera....

Last edited:
Of course i put all my money on FCR when it advertised that the program would include a beta 'Fly-By' camera. I noticed it before but it seems to me that the English language just doesn't feature a saying that sufficiently represents the awkward feeling one is confronted with when something promised doesn't live up to it at all ("fob someone off with something" is all i could find..). I certainly don't want to toot my own horn here but in my language (dutch) you can even choose between various sayings that cover this particularly awkward feeling quite sufficiently. My favourite will always have 'happy' and 'a dead sparrow' in it. ;-)

So, yeah, sadly enough this FCR "Fly-By Camera" proved to be a total let down. Completely rediculous. I have sat there in front of my precious 34" curved monitor with my jaw on the desk in total disbelief. How can they serve something so terrible, awkward and unpleasant to an honest, dedicated flight simmer who was just hoping to finally see his aeroplane fly-by the way he was used to for so many years with so many flightsimulator programs. How could they call it Beta when it wasn't even Alpha. It was just a rough sketch nothing more.

Ok, a few times i managed to fumble something together that resembled a 'fly-by' but a few times only and much too far away and way too fast and at awkward angels. (and, indeed, Replay Only !!, Rediculous !!) It lasted only an hour or so on my machine and forget about the money.

Embedded in MSFS24 ?..... Yikes !

Give me Airshow Assistent anytime ! (even without fly-by...;-)

Btw, reviews are quite positive but it's about Replay only, Nobody seems to have any interest in a 'Fly-By' Camera....

That's a bummer that the fly-by view stinks. I never picked up FCR because I assumed that MS would eventually finish their native replay functionality.

That's disappointing news.

By all means, Denny, Fabio Merlo knows a thing or two about programming, that's absolutely clear. Maybe, if FCR is really to be embedded in MSFS24 he might have made something worthwhile out of his 'Beta Fly-By Camera' but if it remains 'Replay Only' then, we Fly-By camera afficionados, are sent off into the reeds with a lump again ( hehe... that's another fine dutch saying about being let down miserably " send someone off empty handed or non the wiser".. )

MSAsobo should've asked 'Anticyclone' to integrate a sophisticated camera system into MSFS24, including an absolute TOP Fly-By camera you'd only believe when you'd see it at work. This company consisted of two Belgian programmers ( i was in contact with one of 'em, the other might've been French) they developed 'Active Camera' for FS9 and like i said it was unbelievably fantastic. Imagine you're at final approach, from within the VC you could click a spot alongside the runway from which you'd like to watch your airplane approach, land and do its landing run externally during instant Replay. Of course the camera follows your aircraft. I have immensly enjoyed that with almost all my landings in all aircraft over and over and over again. Same of course for take-offs also.

And here we are, with the most beautiful, utterly astonising and magical flight simulator we didn't even deared to dream of and we don't even have a measly fly-by camera....

Btw, i tried all i could to have these two brilliant gentlemen develop their magical Active Camera for FSX but they wouldn't hear of it. Some time later 'Anticyclone' ceased to exist..

Last edited:
Going to go fingers crossed that cinema being microsoft's #1 selling point on all their trailers that we would have access to similar tools, or in replay. But you never know

Two-three months ago I remember Asobo/Microsoft mentioning, with regard to MSFS 2020 aircraft being brought into MSFS 2024, that there are some new flight dynamic parameters to be added, but which should take less than an hour for any developer to add. They made it sound like that would be the only change that developers would need to do in order to make a MSFS 2020 aircraft fully compliant with MSFS 2024.
Speaking to some Devs they claim to have not yet had the 2024 SDK so not sure many of them will have their legacy products configured from day 1.

I’m a wait and see. I know I will get it eventually, but knowing that eventually it will be on a Steam sale, I feel no rush.

I’m enjoying 2020 with the Comanche, Wilga, and Corsair as things are now.

I do love hearing that 2024 will only be 30gig out of the box rather than the insane size of 2020.

Speaking to some Devs they claim to have not yet had the 2024 SDK so not sure many of them will have their legacy products configured from day 1.
To update this - Just Flight haven't had the new Sim or the SDK yet neither has Dino at IFE. However, DC Designs & Miltech have had it for some because they are MS/ASOBO official partners.

Back