• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

As one who does not have the discerning eye of the artist, but can see and appreciate most subtle differences, those screens of the polished Dak are beautiful! :applouse::applouse::applouse: The way the horizon shows up in the reflections, is extremely realistic.

Looking forward to the release and paints.

Bazz-

Will those V5 upgrades (other than the v5 materials based ones of course) filter to v4.5; geometry, window assignments etc.?

That side dusk shot looks splendid, thanks for the update!

Ta- C

The entire V5 upgrade will function perfectly in 4.5 including the materials. The extra channel utilised by PBR in V5 for reflections is ignored by 4.5. Under test, we have found very little difference between the polished metal you will see in V5 and what you will see in 4.5.

So,we do not envisage a necessity for "V5 dedicated" version. Both sims will run the same Upgrade. Liveries should also be OK for both the six window and the 8 window configurations.

One other thing, it looks like REX are not going to upgrade the Milviz/Rex Weather WX to V5 so we are going to have to remove it from the VC I'm afraid. The GTN has a radar so maybe that will suffice.:engel016:

One other thing, it looks like REX are not going to upgrade the Milviz/Rex Weather WX to V5 so we are going to have to remove it from the VC I'm afraid. The GTN has a radar so maybe that will suffice.:engel016:

Milviz are taking over the Weather Rx and are going to upgrade it for a small fee.

attachment.php

And You miss info about improvements in main gear!
Wonderful! :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement: Thank You!

You are welcome YoYo. There are other improvements and a full list will be issued in a changelog when we release. On WX, we will leave the geometry in the VC in case the unit is upgraded, in which case it should be a simple panel cfg edit. :engel016:

Need help with GTN 750 or 650 in panel setup...I can get popup GTN but not in panel...please share if you have this working,,,maybe a copy of your panel config or ?

By the way,,anyone on the fence about getting this plane,,do it!

Need help with GTN 750 or 650 in panel setup...I can get popup GTN but not in panel...please share if you have this working,,,maybe a copy of your panel config or ?

By the way,,anyone on the fence about getting this plane,,do it!

There are clickspots below the Sperry that bring the GTN up.

In the Panel folder there are two panel configuration files. "Panel.cfg" & "Panel_f1_mv.cfg".

If you are using the GTN & WX Radar, you need to change the "Panel_f1_mv.cfg" to just "Panel.cfg".
That will make the GTN & WX Radar go live in the VC.

I made back-ups of both original panel configs just in case.

Forest

In the Panel folder there are two panel configuration files. "Panel.cfg" & "Panel_f1_mv.cfg".

If you are using the GTN & WX Radar, you need to change the "Panel_f1_mv.cfg" to just "Panel.cfg".
That will make the GTN & WX Radar go live in the VC.

I made back-ups of both original panel configs just in case.

Forest

Thanks,,,you are the lucky winner of a paint scheme of your choice...all prizes subject to weather, earthquakes, wives, time and (today) health...PM me if interested...paints are subject to time, complexity, moon fazes and whims.

Seriously I have asked this all over the net and your the only one that made it happen,,PM me and I will see what I can do if you want a certain scheme for this plane.

FYI. I recived again mail form PCAviator about update, but perhaps its an mistake, 1.1v.

This is just a brief notification of an upgrade released for a product you previously purchased at PC Aviator -
DATE: 4/7/2020 11:11
TITLE: Douglas DC-3 & C-47 Bundle (P3D 4.4+)
SPECIAL NOTES:
---------------------
DC-3 is now updated to 1.1

FYI. I recived again mail form PCAviator about update, but perhaps its an mistake, 1.1v.

PC Aviator; I love 'em and bought lots of stuff from them, but they tend to be among the slowest when it comes to upgrading software to a newer version.

PC Aviator; I love 'em and bought lots of stuff from them, but they tend to be among the slowest when it comes to upgrading software to a newer version.

Explanation I got from them when they finally posted original update, from Mark Jakubowski at PC Aviator, after writing directly to Robert Ferraro, the owner of PC Aviator,

I apologize for the delay in updating this aircraft. We have received many updates from several developers the last couple of weeks. I am trying to update them as soon as I can. If I know of an issue, and a potential update coming soon, I will hold off on updating the file until the issue is fixed.

I know that P3D v5 had issues with HD aircraft textures. I am not sure if they have been corrected yet or not. Aeroplane Heaven is recommending "customers with 6GB video cards on P3D V5 to install the standard definition textures. Extensive testing here has shown that high definition textures are having issues on V5".

Thanks,,,you are the lucky winner of a paint scheme of your choice...all prizes subject to weather, earthquakes, wives, time and (today) health...PM me if interested...paints are subject to time, complexity, moon fazes and whims.

Seriously I have asked this all over the net and your the only one that made it happen,,PM me and I will see what I can do if you want a certain scheme for this plane.

I was just glad to help out. Saw your post earlier in the day, but had to wait until I got to my personal computer to get back to you.

Forest

Hiya,

We now have the polished metal where we want it. Checked this in 4.5 and it's all OK there too.
There some major changes in the V5 Upgrade including a new six - window and eight window option for the P&W DC-3s.
More of that anon but here are some screens from V5 of the polished alloy.

Maybe a needless question, do all the updates also apply to the C-47 version?

Thanks,

Marcel

Thanks, Baz - I'd (mis)understood the other manual to be an updated one for 1.1. I'll discard it.

Thing is, though, that I only tried that procedure as a workaround. In nearly all attempts, I've been using the procedure from the official manual.

In the latest round of tests, I was able once again to get one good start on one engine. This time around, it seems that the difference was that the throttle was more advanced - 20 percent, according to the tooltip. Also, that was after a manual shutdown using the mixture levers, not the SHIFT+1 cold-and-dark switch.

But unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate it.

Happy to try anything you suggest but really at a loss here.

Again, the other day I ran through start routines on the Manfred Jahn C-47 and the PMDG DC-6 and had no problems with either. So whatever is going on here is particular to the AH C-47 and DC-3 on my system.

You can add me to this list. I've followed all instructions closely, including the AH YouTube video. It will not start manually.

Cheers,
Mark

You can add me to this list. I've followed all instructions closely, including the AH YouTube video. It will not start manually.

On my system, it needed a revised xml file that Baz provided. He said it'd be in the next update. If you contacted their help desk at help@aeroplaneheaven.com, they might be able to set you up - worth a shot, anyway. Hope this helps.

Back