• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Nope, been waiting for a patch to sort it out. It very occasionally has worked, but not very convincingly at that, so this is basically a Control=E special.

This is the case for the C-47 and the DC-3.

OK, so I have sat on my hands and (credit card) for too long.
Purchased the DC-3 last night.
TAA livery looks magnificent. Just as I remembered it at YMEN, so long ago. (Ansett, Ansett/ANA possible?)
Later today, I will shut her down and try the infamous 'manual start'.
I notice in the .cfg that 'electric_always_available' is set at = 1. I will try a start and if it fails will change to = 0, as Barry has instructed.
I will report back.

Cheers
Jock McIntyre
Melbourne, Australia

Can't disagree...P3Dv5 utterly BLOWS in the lighting/shading department. But it's to be expected....LM= Engineers, and Engineers = "new features"....for the sake of new features. Unfortunately, going backwards to v4.5+ is not a viable long term option.

Kent

P.S. Paul -- that Frontier DC-3 looks GORGEOUS!

Actually I dont think it blows as such.

The issue is DX12 is different to DX11 and therefore the settings are different. Baz has alluded to this in the hotfix2 thread on here somewhere. Basically if you take the knowledge gleaned from 4.5 then apply that thinking to V5, it isnt that it blows. It is time consuming and head scratching. However as I said in the PBR thread from a year ago or so ... I think repainters are going to find issues in the constant change and the complexity of packed RGB textures, I still stand by what I said back then.

It's actually why the upgrade for the DC-3 has taken so long. And why the paintkit is different ( again baz has a thread on here about that as well ) However I am making the installers right now so fingers crossed unless I get sidetracked trying for an achievement in Doom. :listening_headphone

:engel016:

Can't disagree...P3Dv5 utterly BLOWS in the lighting/shading department. But it's to be expected....LM= Engineers, and Engineers = "new features"....for the sake of new features. Unfortunately, going backwards to v4.5+ is not a viable long term option.

Kent

P.S. Paul -- that Frontier DC-3 looks GORGEOUS!

Thanks Buddy,,,yes the metal/chrome in V5 is different and I had to adjust my monitor as V5 seemed so dark,,,might have to redo all of my paints just for V5..now if we are talking frame rates, well, V5 really cranks :))

Here are my paints for this great aircraft so far...all available here at SOH library..

Click on pic for larger image -

Taking request in my off time :)

Liveries for C-47?

Thanks,,,I will give it a try.
Hi,
Nice set of liveries for the DC-3-users. I am a C-47 user and would also like to have some additional liveries of well-known C-47's, now in musea all over the world of still airworthy as also shown in the action Daks over Normandy in June last year. Here the Dutch Dakota Association's C-47 PH-PBA https://www.dutchdakota.nl/en/home/ was present as well.
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

We have a KLM scheme coming in the livery packs.Along with around 30 odd other liveries, over 4 packs.:engel016:

Hi,
Nice set of liveries for the DC-3-users. I am a C-47 user and would also like to have some additional liveries of well-known C-47's, now in musea all over the world of still airworthy as also shown in the action Daks over Normandy in June last year. Here the Dutch Dakota Association's C-47 PH-PBA https://www.dutchdakota.nl/en/home/ was present as well.
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

Sorry, only have the DC-3 at this time.

We have a KLM scheme coming in the livery packs. Along with around 30 odd other liveries, over 4 packs.:engel016:

Hopefully there will be an Airlines of NSW, MMA and Airlines of South Australia. These Aussie airlines seem to be forgotten.

Back