• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Well Pat, you have already got TAA. TAA classic (polished alloy) is in the Upgrade and we have QANTAS, Ansett and Queensland Air coming in the livery packs. We must remember that there are hundreds of schemes from all over the globe and some of them need representing too.:engel016:

From AH FB:

V4.5/V5 Upgrade is out.
The new Upgrade pack for the DC-3 and C-47 is now available from our website store and very soon from your favourite vendors. We have uploaded the packages to all the vendors so standby for notifications. The installers will work for either V4.5 or V.5 and contain a full changelog, detailing all the changes and upgrades we have made to the packages. Extra models include a six-window version for the DC-3 and the C47-C amphib floatplane. All materials and textures have been remastered in PBR for V5. V4.5 ignores one of the channels that V5 needs so all textures are suitable for both sims. We have fully tested the starting routine for the DC-3 and it is now as reliable as the C-47.

:applause:

Perhaps PCAviator will update it as the last so screenshots are welcome :).
Thx AH for support this addon still !

The update is finally here. Great work to the AH team but there is no entry in the aircraft.cfg for the QANTAS DC-3. I can add it manually so no problem for me.

QANTAS is coming in the livery packs Pat. It is possible we have left a test folder behind but it shouldn't be there. The full V5 upgrade livery packs are still being worked on.:engel016:

Nice work on the 1.2 update - the product has really come a long way. Just finished a very satisfying short flight in a DC-3 that started with no trouble at all. Excellent job, AH!

I hate to interrupt a happy report to flag gotchas, but there are a couple of minor ones...

-- Wright-engined DC-3s now do have cowl-flap controls in the VC. They didn't in 1.0 or 1.1. Looks like something got reversed.

— Prop blur still shows when the props are stationary.

-- When the battery is switched off, it still forces the tail light switch to the down (on and dim) position, which means there's a white tail light shining with no power in the aircraft.

-- Unless I'm missing something, the bezel for the F1 GTN 750 is custom, and blocks the pop-up feature. It also seems to block the hardware direct-to switch. Not sure if this also applies to the 650 - I haven't tried that one.

And one luxury request...

-- Any chance of adding a sound for opening and closing the cockpit side window? It's a small thing but the silent window costs a little atmosphere. Side note to the community - if this is an easy tweak, let me know how and I'll be happy to try it.

Again, great work. I know you guys have said you need to move on to other projects and I get that - but please advise if any of these small fixes or adds are a possibility.

Update to my review, covering the now working engine start and the additional C-47 floatplane variant.

And my original review of the DC-3 and C-47 bundle.

Good job fixing the engines AH. Now we can fly the thing properly. :applause:

Nice update and funny moments!
Looks like finally whe have what we needed from the beginning :biggrin-new: and thx AH for float version - it was very kind gift for us!

btw. Why no song? ;- ).

Last edited:

This is the ANSW DC-3. The airline was a regional arm of Ansett-ANA mostly with the tailfin being the only difference. This is the Viewmaster version but the same scheme as a normal DC-3. Sorry I was unable to post it to the reply to your PM.

Attachments

• answ.dc3.vhanr.jpg
    answ.dc3.vhanr.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 39
Just downloaded and going through Manual. Thought I saw somewhere, a while back, there was a 1940's PAA livery...but can't find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Using model in P3D v4.5.

Thanks,

Garry

Bazz, the update of 1.2 it was sent to PCAvaitor?
Can I start the countdown? :wiggle:

Btw. I saw post about no rain effect now on windshields. Is it possible to turn it on from user? I liked it.

PC Aviator was uploaded and notified along with everyone else. They are incredibly slow. I would suggest for the future, you change your vendor. The rain effects can be turned on by removing the // from the front of the gauge entries in the panel CFG. However, you MUST have the latest effects from A2A for this to work in V5. We understand that they have been updated.:engel016:

Paintkit?

Got a question. Has AH already released their promised paintkit? I am not able to find it on their site. Even after the upgrade email, where they mentioned that it will be available.

Got a question. Has AH already released their promised paintkit? I am not able to find it on their site. Even after the upgrade email, where they mentioned that it will be available.
Not yet - I am waiting, too!!

What we actually said was that the paintkits would be made available when we launch our livery packs. The "Pro" kit will be shipped with the livery packs, the "Re-skinner's" kit will be available as a free download from our website. This is all assuming that LM doesn't change too much in another HotFix for V5. If they change anything to do with dynamic lighting, the paintkits will be obsolete and require re-mastering. Again. Developers are having a hard time with V5 so far.:engel016:

What we actually said was that the paintkits would be made available when we launch our livery packs. The "Pro" kit will be shipped with the livery packs, the "Re-skinner's" kit will be available as a free download from our website. This is all assuming that LM doesn't change too much in another HotFix for V5. If they change anything to do with dynamic lighting, the paintkits will be obsolete and require re-mastering. Again. Developers are having a hard time with V5 so far.:engel016:

That is what I remember from the email too.

If I understand you correctly, even the "Re-skinner's" pack is dependent on the next hotfix from LM?

No worries, I will wait patiently and thanks for your answer.

This is the ANSW DC-3. The airline was a regional arm of Ansett-ANA mostly with the tailfin being the only difference. This is the Viewmaster version but the same scheme as a normal DC-3. Sorry I was unable to post it to the reply to your PM.

Thanks,,will give it a shot depending on work schedule.

Next :)

Back