• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Now that the patch and paint kit are out, I am hoping that our local (SOH) talent update their C-47 skins for the AH DC-3. Finally having a variant without the sextant bubble and Rebecca whiskers has my juices flowing, and with the HUGE amount of repaints available for MJ's bird, the possibilities are (almost) endless.

I did fly her for a bit yesterday, and was pleased with the different take off characteristics modeled. She now "levitates like an Otis Elevator" instead of the prior wheel-barrowing- well done AH! Alex Metzger's FDE is brilliant, but I must say this one doesn't disappoint... very predictable and measured, and rolling her on to the asphalt was confidence inspiring after a couple of hesitant explorations. The view forward is now familiar and the texture downsizing doesn't seem to impact the visuals whatsoever (I'm on 4k).

In toto, she's matured into a very decent representation of a very beloved aeroplane, and how can one not applaud that- BZ AH!

C

Now that the patch and paint kit are out, I am hoping that our local (SOH) talent update their C-47 skins for the AH DC-3. Finally having a variant without the sextant bubble and Rebecca whiskers has my juices flowing, and with the HUGE amount of repaints available for MJ's bird, the possibilities are (almost) endless.

I did fly her for a bit yesterday, and was pleased with the different take off characteristics modeled. She now "levitates like an Otis Elevator" instead of the prior wheel-barrowing- well done AH! Alex Metzger's FDE is brilliant, but I must say this one doesn't disappoint... very predictable and measured, and rolling her on to the asphalt was confidence inspiring after a couple of hesitant explorations. The view forward is now familiar and the texture downsizing doesn't seem to impact the visuals whatsoever (I'm on 4k).

In toto, she's matured into a very decent representation of a very beloved aeroplane, and how can one not applaud that- BZ AH!

C
That is interesting. Where did you find mentioned files? Nothing on the website and I did not receive a notification either. Mya accoutn still states 1.2 as the current version.

Actually, no, the paintkits are not out yet. We wait for LM and V5 stability/reliability/lighting.:engel016:

C-47C Floatplane: Magnificent extension!

Hi,
The attachment shows its added value to the C-47 world.

Attachments

• bandicam 2020-06-16 16-26-17-887.jpg
    bandicam 2020-06-16 16-26-17-887.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 220
Camaeraviews in C-47C Floatplane

Hi,
Apart from all other goodies, I am missing the cameraviews presented normally as list in the VC cockpitview (like toproof, pedastal etc). In my aircraft.cfg they are present and equal to the "normal" C-47.
What could be wrong?
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

Thank You for 1.2.
HT2 was released so I install it again. I took my favorite skin AA and DC-3. New textures are better for P3Dv5, thx, and colour is ok but .... see this:

Horizontal stabilizer has "old" colours from P3Dv4, not like wings and te rest (improved to P3Dv5). Its a problem of spec file, not the same like the rest for metallic texture (has completely different colors).

I see also parts of paintkit (black lines), this should probably be hidden by painter.

Im back to AH DC-3. Installed Today on P3Dv5.1 HF1 (MSFS is boring still for me due the lack of interesting addons).
Thx for 1.2 update. I'll try it. I just want to write for my conscience ;) that the main gear has an issue still. Its better now that it was (and big TY for this!) but the connection is wrong (you need a better observer :very_drunk:) but I can probably live with it :encouragement:.

btw. looks like the model works without a problem on P3Dv5.1 HF1 too.

Real Deal

Capture.jpg

Exactly it shows the issue in model, on this picture is visible but leave it. Its a small glitch.

Back