• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Thanks very much for your words, they are appreciated. The tail light is set up with dim/bright options. We probably should re-code it to be off by default. No doubt there will be an SP, we will add this to it. :engel016:

is the underside of the fuselage on this aircraft supposed to be green with grey stripes? Is it just me, or do others see this as well?

Ok, I checked your observation, looks like its correct, see this:

https://www.bravobravoaviation.com/...-dakota-honeybun-iii-80th-tcs-usaaf-1945.html

But on You screenshot looks like underside of the fuselage (back part) no grey colour (I havent this model yet, Im waiting for PCAviator), just green what is wrong, I suppose (and if it was painted green perhaps this repaint is after invasion so no any invasion strips on wings if this skin is from period after invasion like on this scheme):

C-47A, 42-100533, 80 TCS/436 TCG/9 AF, Melun, France / Membury, Berkshire, UK, 1945, 'Honey Bun III':

48-scale-built-47-skytrain-model_1_39c6ae3fc6e81fe8545e086312e8478b.jpg

So according me:
1/ at invasion this 7D has all white/black strips
2/ after invasion all strips was painted including underside of the fuselage but those was visible (partially black/green)

There were an awful lot of variations in paint on C-47s. We have gone with one for HoneybunIII that we liked from references. There is no "correct" theme, the liveries evolved over weeks and months. It is what it is. If people want something else, there will be a full paintkit made available when we release the livery packs for the DC-3.:engel016:

Baz, that the stripes were overpainted, I can agree on, but that they would paint the entire underside of the fuselage green, bùt leave the stripes grey AND leave the underwing stripes intact I find hard to believe.
The stripes were painted on the eve of D-Day, in July it was ordered that they be removed from the top and later that year from the underside as well. Many aircraft actually kept the stripes under the fuselage almost to the end of the war though, but not those under the wing as far as I am aware.

I had a look at the Snafu special as well:
Here's the original:
49741468763_f7c4ba9eb3_z.jpg

and it's tail during the Battle of the Bulge:
49741468723_f0818c740e_z.jpg

and the restored version that's in France:
49741468778_def8d3ed24_h.jpg

and the model:
49742018911_40e5d82cc6_h.jpg

why is that roundel not symmetrical? The right bar seems shorter than the left bar? I don't see the dark outline to the rudder? The D seems too large? I like that paratrooper though, nice detail!

and the model from the front, with some annotations:
49742018986_33ce5f4217_h.jpg

I was hoping for the ultimate C-47, but texture-wise it's not there yet. I know, I'm nitpicking...

Also, all the shadows it throws on the elevators are completely black:
49742036231_1a4405fb87_h.jpg

Look also at the pic above this one, the elevators are pitch black underneath. That is not something I have come across before? What could be causing this? Is that me, or do others see that as well?

So here's me hoping for an update, especially on those shadows, those I find really annoying.

Ok, I checked your observation, looks like its correct, see this:

https://www.bravobravoaviation.com/...-dakota-honeybun-iii-80th-tcs-usaaf-1945.html

But on You screenshot looks like underside of the fuselage (back part) no grey colour (I havent this model yet, Im waiting for PCAviator), just green what is wrong, I suppose (and if it was painted green perhaps this repaint is after invasion so no any invasion strips on wings if this skin is from period after invasion like on this scheme):

C-47A, 42-100533, 80 TCS/436 TCG/9 AF, Melun, France / Membury, Berkshire, UK, 1945, 'Honey Bun III':

48-scale-built-47-skytrain-model_1_39c6ae3fc6e81fe8545e086312e8478b.jpg

So according me:
1/ at invasion this 7D has all white/black strips
2/ after invasion all strips was painted including underside of the fuselage but those was visible (partially black/green)

with jankees and your posts, by all accounts, yes to the grey strips, however the faded black or dark green strips are missing IAW those images, however hes also pointed out that from the wings back to the invasion markings its green not grey and along with JKB's extensive post above, the engines cowls are also completely green

so I have to ask, if JKB is getting the paint scheme that hes pictured, it does not match the one in the AH images, there appears to be a number of distinct errors with that scheme

not being a stick in the mud, but 60 euros is 60 euros, these days its not chicken feed, one would like to ensure one is getting bang for buck in all departments

Last edited:
Did any one count the rivets around the crew door? They seem to be off.

LOL

You might find they're right on the other model - the one that doesn't cost EUR 60 ($65 US) for the package.

I'm sure the Aeroplane Heaven guys will get things squared away but the price and the available alternative set a pretty high bar.

Bazz...any approximate timing on the livery pack and paint kit? I’m still researching how to tone down the lights (navigation, top of the fuselage and tail) so they do not look like “glowing basketballs”. Loving the airplane other than that!

Kent

@banjoman1960 - Right, I wasn't factoring in VAT.

I'm involuntarily retired - well, not totally, but thanks to COVID, my clients aren't exactly eager to spend. So I need to think carefully about expenses - even without VAT (in my case), this one needs some thought.

I have no question it's quite good but I can't be impulsive.

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if there is a support forum for the DC3?

I have 2 questions
1/ Can you hide the yoke? I cant find out how.
2/ As a New Zealander, I am keen to using the NZ war-birds repaint included. Hoowever the wings and underneath are almost black rather, on my system rather than the silver as shown in the screen shots and in real life.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Best wishes
Bob

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if there is a support forum for the DC3?

I have 2 questions
1/ Can you hide the yoke? I cant find out how.
2/ As a New Zealander, I am keen to using the NZ war-birds repaint included. Hoowever the wings and underneath are almost black rather, on my system rather than the silver as shown in the screen shots and in real life.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Best wishes
Bob

To hide the yoke, click anywhere on the center pedestal cover.

Forest

The reason why you may see white lights top and bottom of the fuse is because you may have left all the recognition lights on. The red, green and blue lights when on together make white (that's science for you). The three switches are on the right eyebrow panel, as per the manual.

We have raised this before but again, if people have issues please contact our help desk. That is what it is there for and we are then better equipped to deal with problems. As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.

These things take many, many hours of hard work to produce. Our time is better spent if the proper channels are used. Especially in these difficult times when there are other priorities pressing.:engel016:

The reason why you may see white lights top and bottom of the fuse is because you may have left all the recognition lights on. The red, green and blue lights when on together make white (that's science for you). The three switches are on the right eyebrow panel, as per the manual.

We have raised this before but again, if people have issues please contact our help desk. That is what it is there for and we are then better equipped to deal with problems. As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.

These things take many, many hours of hard work to produce. Our time is better spent if the proper channels are used. Especially in these difficult times when there are other priorities pressing.:engel016:

I am for one interested in the product Baz, i dont dispute that. however Im just wondering if those highlighted points are going to be addressed in a SP? There has been no confirmation of a AH SP to fix those points, just a reference to a up coming livery pack and a paint kit. Does this mean we have to fix the textures ourselves? or will the revised textures will be in the livery pack and will this pack incur any additional costs?

Im just seeking more information to decide to purchase the product. In all fairness if youre going to promote your product here, Q & A for the product should be open to anyone. I'm not personally asking for product support. Just further clarification to decide on the best course of action.

As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.

Bazz I think all people here are interested and have been waiting for this model for a long, long time. Nothing new, even Bill Gates products need be patched :pirate:.
What can I advice - do more beta tests (or maybe beta Team is too small?), dont know this. More beta tests mean more completed model which is very important at this level price I think (higher than A2A Connie and near PMDG DC-6). So expectations are also high.
Now I don't know if this Your post means ("make a return or accept what you have") the end of support for DC-3/C-47 and no next SP for few layers of repaints, strange shadows on model (probably missing PBR textures/alpha also) and issue with 3D model of main gear.
I personally think that such comments and comments from users from opened Forum help and exchange experiences to finally have a better model, more faithful to the original if beta team didn't notice it before, no offense. :encouragement:

I am for one interested in the product Baz, i dont dispute that. however Im just wondering if those highlighted points are going to be addressed in a SP? There has been no confirmation of a AH SP to fix those points, just a reference to a up coming livery pack and a paint kit. Does this mean we have to fix the textures ourselves? or will the revised textures will be in the livery pack and will this pack incur any additional costs?

Im just seeking more information to decide to purchase the product. In all fairness if youre going to promote your product here, Q & A for the product should be open to anyone. I'm not personally asking for product support. Just further clarification to decide on the best course of action.

Matt, of course we will be issuing SPs. We always do. And yes, as I have said and thanked you for the HU, we will be making the necessary changes to some of the liveries when we do the SP. Right now, as a small business, we are going to find it challenging in te coming months, balancing personal with business but we will, like a lot of others, I suspect, do our best.:engel016:

Back