• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

I have a CH Throttle quadrant, whereas the throttle and pitch levers work OK I cannot get the mixture to work from the throttle. I have checked the settings and it is mapped OK and works on my other twins. I know OI have to release the lock but does that mean I cannot then use my levers on the CH quadrant.

We are currently working on a Service Pack. Thanks to all for constructive comments and suggestions.

Thx Bazz, dont rush, we have more time now :wavey:and we can wait for info about P3Dv5 also and support of this platform too.

I have a CH Throttle quadrant, whereas the throttle and pitch levers work OK I cannot get the mixture to work from the throttle. I have checked the settings and it is mapped OK and works on my other twins. I know OI have to release the lock but does that mean I cannot then use my levers on the CH quadrant.

You must click on the hot spot and drag whole mixture lever - but I agree ... Bazz, is it possible to do as normal axis for Throttle control, physical?

For example it could work like this:

- hot spot (brake lever for mixture lever) it could be work as 1 - click = unblocked brake lever (and it stays in this position till the next click - mixture lever is unblocked, you can move by throttle quadrant by user)
- now you can move physical lever (not in the sim only as it was modelled) to desire position, gradually also (its possible).
- next click on hot spot - blocked (with blocked you can't use physical lever of user)

Simply and real also. Just idea :encouragement: .

Got an SP-related question for you - I love the crew door complete with ladder animation. But should having it open, with the ladder extended, really be a critical dependency for engine start?

I'm worried that if some virtual crewmember is on the ladder when the number one engine starts up, he or she is going to find out the hard way why it's called the "hamburger door."

Details in this Plane Savers episode below - explanation starts at 1:40 and the detailed explanation is at 3:30.

Side note - still reading up and checking out videos (and budgets) and hope to be on board with you guys soon.

Thx Bazz, dont rush, we have more time now :wavey:and we can wait for info about P3Dv5 also and support of this platform too.

You must click on the hot spot and drag whole mixture lever - but I agree ... Bazz, is it possible to do as normal axis for Throttle control, physical?

For example it could work like this:

- hot spot (brake lever for mixture lever) it could be work as 1 - click = unblocked brake lever (and it stays in this position till the next click - mixture lever is unblocked, you can move by throttle quadrant by user)
- now you can move physical lever (not in the sim only as it was modelled) to desire position, gradually also (its possible).
- next click on hot spot - blocked (with blocked you can't use physical lever of user)

Simply and real also. Just idea :encouragement: .

Thanks for suggesting that.

Alan-A, Opening the front door is not critical to engine start but the GPU is. So, in the SP we are changing the routine so that the GPU is independently toggled from the cockpit. Yo-Yo, we will look at your suggestion but there are other steps in the coding that may (or not) be compromised by changing it.:engel016:

Alan-A, Opening the front door is not critical to engine start but the GPU is. So, in the SP we are changing the routine so that the GPU is independently toggled from the cockpit.

Ah, OK, thanks - I'd understood from the engine start video that opening the crew door and extending the ladder was the GPU toggle. So I assumed the ladder was needed because the GPU is needed. Cockpit GPU switch sounds good (and much safer!)

Looking at the video more closely, I guess that starting 2, then 1 (and removing the ladder before starting 1) is a way to keep the crew un-hamburgered... :cool:

Any chance of a battery start option for those of us that like to fly deep in the bush where GPUs don't live?

Actually, there is nothing stopping you from starting on batteries. We start the left on internal batteries anyway. Having closed the crew door (no hamburgers) We elected to put in GPU start for an extra fun value. The SP will have quite a few improvements and additions. However, if people want ctrl/E then they'll need to wait until we launch ctrl/Ezy. Then they can go flying in about 5 seconds flat...:adoration::engel016:

Thanks, that’s all good news. Am definitely not a CTRL-E person when it comes to big radials, though I’m sure there’ll be others who will appreciate that. Just glad to know I won’t get stuck up-river if res no cart to be had. Sales resistance crumbling... :cool:

Actually, there is nothing stopping you from starting on batteries. We start the left on internal batteries anyway. Having closed the crew door (no hamburgers) We elected to put in GPU start for an extra fun value. The SP will have quite a few improvements and additions. However, if people want ctrl/E then they'll need to wait until we launch ctrl/Ezy. Then they can go flying in about 5 seconds flat...:adoration::engel016:

is a free version for MFS2020 or P3dv5 inkl. or have to buy Again?

The crew door just aft of the cockpit is generally not used due to needing a tall ladder to gain access to the door. Crews, even on cargo DC-3/C-47's, enter through the aft cargo door whenever possible.

Funny extension underneath the fuselage

Why is that funny extension underneath the fuselage? It is ugly, like the scrotum of a sheep. Never saw it on any picture, nor originals, not of actual still flying C-47's.
Please make a hotfix to remove it.
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

Piet,

I sincerely hope you were kidding! A hotfix to remove the ADF antenna seems a touch ridiculous!

Cheers!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ADF.jpg
    ADF.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 58
is a free version for MFS2020 or P3dv5 inkl. or have to buy Again?

It's to early to talk about FS2020 I think and according me we will not to have free update for this sim if model was used in FSX or P3D (but discount I hope will be possible).
About P3Dv5 we must wait for AH statement. Here I think its possible to recive free update. What we see till now most devs promises free update (and his addons dedicated for P3Dv4.4+ work in v5).

And? anyone?

1/ Yes, it could be:

2/ I didnt check but I have Accu Feel for P3Dv4. If the window works as a next "door" (For example Shift+E+4) AF of A2A will add sound of the wind and external sounds will be louder (btw. I checked it - no any sound in flight if You open window).

Last edited:
For me model is promissing, maybe needs tweaks and improvments but many things are very nice. I very like how Throttle quadrants looks here and Im sure, this is the best AH cockpit till now. Shaking its a nice option also.
A little more time Today, I sent to AH some of my observation.

qffPXJG.jpg

HxDsOqk.jpg

Ugh... I have a bigger problem to start it from C&D situation - if I touch magnetos (BOTH) I will start to orbit and I shoot like a rocket into space. I saw on Avsim thats not only me.
SP is needed ;D. Gear handle is down, blockade on latched position, parking brake on.

Back