• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Hi,

I do not have DC3 but saw some YT movies, and thing that caught my eye is lack of propeller animation.
Am i right that regardles of pitch or rpm animation is same ?

Artur

Hi,

I do not have DC3 but saw some YT movies, and thing that caught my eye is lack of propeller animation.
Am i right that regardles of pitch or rpm animation is same ?

Artur

No, you are wrong on that. Most of the movies out there show incorrect starting, wrongly set up aircraft etc. Not a great way to assess anything really.

New version C-47 / DC-3

Bazzar,
Looking forward to the update. How will it be made available to current users? Is it still possible to add also a model in which the para-function is kept but the exteriour radardome removed?
Piet de Geus

Bazzar,
Looking forward to the update. How will it be made available to current users? Is it still possible to add also a model in which the para-function is kept but the exteriour radardome removed?
Piet de Geus

You will can download again whole set from your place of purchese.

I would like to ask about engine simulation - what aspects of radial piston engine is modelled ?, engine failures ?, engine components wear and tear simulated ?

Artur

I would like to ask about engine simulation - what aspects of radial piston engine is modelled ?, engine failures ?, engine components wear and tear simulated ?

Artur

Its not like Accu sim simulation here if you asked about this features but its a nice plane and will be better! :)

It does not have to be accu sim, but at least i would expect a bit of engine simulation especially if we talk about 70 bucks price tag.
Just my opinion here.

Artur

It does not have to be accu sim, but at least i would expect a bit of engine simulation especially if we talk about 70 bucks price tag.
Just my opinion here.

Artur

I agree that the price is a bit hefty for what You get.
But as it seems that vinatge aircraft are more or less a small niche' within the sim community, I´m still happy - especially once the SP is released.

The AH DC-3 is not in the same class as the A2A vinatge airliners, but is closer to the PMDG DC-6B, but without the virtual FO stuff of the DC-6B.
The engine startup feels immersive, though it´s clear that most of the simualtion is the default P3D stuff behind the scene.
I´m not sure if engine failures are simulated, at least I have not seen any, but I migh be wrong.

Modelling and texturing is fine, allthough I find the texture size and amounbt of textures used excessive without any real reason (the VC is nice, but not outstanding).

For the record, the C-47 package is US$38.95, the DC-3 package is US$42.95. By today's standards we do not believe either price to be excessive. You get three different aircraft in the C-47 and five in the DC-3. As stated, 2K textures will be available with the SP soon to be released.:engel016:

What i see DC3 price tag is 48.89 Euro, bundle 73.80 Euro - SimMarket.
For 'default' system under the hood those prices are quite high.

Artur

We cannot be responsible for current exchange rates or taxes you pay in your country.

And who said or decided it is "default system under the hood"?

Here's an idea for you. I would suggest you don't buy it. That way you can't be disappointed.:engel016:

We cannot be responsible for current exchange rates or taxes you pay in your country.

And who said or decided it is "default system under the hood"?

Here's an idea for you. I would suggest you don't buy it. That way you can't be disappointed.:engel016:

That's always my first thought when I see these price discussions.

Cheers,
Mark

I like it :)

Been painting?

@Wothan - thanks for the excellent mini-review. I'm actually a big fan of the PMDG DC-6 - I like the feature set and the way it flies, and I find I don't miss the deep engine simulation (though it does have some overall wear-and-tear features). The comparison helps me form a better impression of the DC-3. Most appreciated!

Good news Todays morning! From FB of AH: :wavey:

Service Pack for DC-3/C-47The SPV1.1 is now available. Just go to your point of purchase and re-download your package. For those with frame rate issues, we have now included 2K textures as an option.

Just must wait a little, not yet in my store (PCAviator).

Back